UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Flyers win! Who was the most Golden vs TT?
Cunningham 16 pts, 10 rbs 3 st 2 assists 1 3.23%
Kostas 10/10/3a/2 blocks and 37 min! 18 58.06%
Landers 14/1 and 6/7 from field 4 12.90%
DDavis 19/2/4a 4 12.90%
JDavis 14 pts but 0 rbs (which is a Royal disqualifier) 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2017, 05:50 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden TT's Award - Tenn Tech

I was working and missed the entire game but was please to get into the Royal Truckster to hear of a convincing win. From the box score, it looks like quite a few of my Flyers are in the running for today's Golden Award...and I hope this is a trend.

Go Flyers!

Last edited by rollo; 12-07-2017 at 06:39 AM..
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2017, 07:02 AM
Captain

flyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of light
Going with Kostas. I think his best play of the game was when he drove to the hoop and dished it to Cunningham and slid to the side so he did not charge. A week ago he would've gone for the dunk and definitely would've picked up an offensive foul.

Kid is growing up before our eyes!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyhi524 For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (12-07-2017), NYCFLYER (12-07-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:10 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Went with Kostas as well. Double double and played 37 minutes I believe. That may match the sum of all his minutes from the other games. I'd say conditioning is not a problem any more, if it ever really was.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:10 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
So many good possibilities! But Josh C fouled out (and a couple of those were dumb fouls to give). Darrell might be my favorite Flyer this year for his “man on a mission” attitude, but he thoroughly clanked that 2-handed dunk. And JD had 0 boards. So, that leaves me with Kostas & Trey. Went with Kostas. Learning how to avoid the silly fouls. Ball movement was really good. And he picked-up @ 3 of those boards when we needed to hold TT to “one & done” down the homestretch. Yep, a ton of positives for Special K last night.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas' first foul was with 12:40 left in the second half. A major step forward in his development because he can do some nice things when he's on the floor. You can't under estimate his ability last night to stay in the game. Looking forward to seeing more of him. I hate X has been out and Kostas has had foul trouble before last night, but in the end it might be a blessing as younger players are getting minutes which will help our depth down the road.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:33 AM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I give it to DD. We expect twenty from him, so we take him for granted. He gets everybody's toughest defense and still does it. His mini-run late in the game put it away when TT was frantically pushing us. He is the best player we have seen this year.

Kostas played a nice game and is learning, until he takes a step back in the next game or two. Last night Kostas was playing mostly against some six foot something white guy can't jump, so I am reserving judgement for the next big guys against Mary's.

Jordan with a great game. Give him a break on rebounds. He is a 6'2" guard, who plays outside. Landers with one rebound is more questionable.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Lots of choices, but Jordan "silk" Davis showed star power last night. Very timely J's that were as pure as you can make a shot.