Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 10:34 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
!8-3..I Saw This Coming...

...ummm...NOT... very proud to be a Flyer... True Team..Keep Trucking Boys!!
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2016, 10:53 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Willy418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of light
What makes this team exciting yet at the same time scary is that they are capable of running the table and going undefeated the rest of the season but also losing every single game except Mason. It is still one game at a time.
Mad Props to Willy418 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 12:01 AM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
What's most exiting to me is that I don't think the team is playing to its full potential yet! Scoochie, Daryl D and to a lesser extent Pollard can all play better. They've already done it. If these guys start to click, I think this team can Really make some serious noise in March.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (01-31-2016), ruechalgrin (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 07:25 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Willy418 View Post
What makes this team exciting yet at the same time scary is that they are capable of running the table and going undefeated the rest of the season but also losing every single game except Mason. It is still one game at a time.
I can relate to this. The thing I wonder about is if this is a team that "plays down/at it's opponent's level." There are teams that have this characteristic. Clearly the SLU game we did not. But, that seems to be the exception.

Then I listen to Archie's interview and he talks about what they are doing to improve. And he talks about how the team doesn't play as a unit at times (i.e. too many individual decisions on the court vs. the extra pass or help defense, etc). And he says the emphasis has been to work on and improve the defensive issues because the offensive issues will come. And we are getting better defensively, winning games even when the offense isn't clicking or like yesterday when we shoot badly from the free throw line especially early.

I like our progress. Hated that LaSalle loss, but yesterday Archie said we might not have beaten Davidson or GW without that loss because it was the worst game he's had with players playing an individual game vs. as a team. Since that game, the team has been playing more as a unit vs. individually. So the big question is will the players continue to commit and buy-into the "true-team"? I believe we have the talent both in players and coaches. I think it will come down to if the players are mature enough to 100% commit to playing as a true team.

Jury is still out.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (01-31-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
I predicted we would be at 17-4 at this point in the season. I didn't get all of the games right (predicted losses to Iowa, Vandy, Davidson and GW), but I was only 1 game off in the end. I think plenty of Flyer fans had would have had us at a similar record at this point in the season. In other words, I'm not as surprised as Donniex3Era apparently.