Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-01-2015, 02:15 PM
1st Lieutenant

troublebrewin will become famous soon enoughtroublebrewin will become famous soon enough
COY

If, and it is a big if, the team wins out and wins the A10(league) Is Archie in the running for national coach of the year.

I say yes.
Mad Props to troublebrewin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jack D (03-01-2015)
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Captain

1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by troublebrewin View Post
If, and it is a big if, the team wins out and wins the A10(league) Is Archie in the running for national coach of the year.

I say yes.
I'd love to see Archie in the discussion, however NCOY is Calipari's to lose.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Calipari is really struggling handling all those McDonalds All-Americans.
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
Yeah, Calipari is really struggling handling all those McDonalds All-Americans.
even JOB could coach that team to the NCAAs
Old 03-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
even JOB could coach that team to the NCAAs
What about Gregory?

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-01-2015), m21eagle45 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,176 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I do not like KY or Calipari even a little bit. However, he deserves it. He and others have had similar talent and not gone undefeated. The coach recruits the kids and he gets them to play as a team. Amazing that he has those kids playing defense. Watch Duke or Texas. Both with great talent, but lethargic inconsistent defense. I hope Archie wins it, but it will not be close.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Archie may not even win A10 COY.

Not saying Archie isn't deserving, but Davidson was picked to finish 12th in the conference and they may win the regular season title (with their starting PG out 5-6 games) so I would expect McKillop to get plenty of votes.

And if URI wins the regular season, Hurley at URI (preseason pick #6) will get some votes.

I can't see an argument for any coach besides these three.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:33 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
Archie may not even win A10 COY.

Not saying Archie isn't deserving, but Davidson was picked to finish 12th in the conference and they may win the regular season title (with their starting PG out 5-6 games) so I would expect McKillop to get plenty of votes.

And if URI wins the regular season, Hurley at URI (preseason pick #6) will get some votes.

I can't see an argument for any coach besides these three.
theres an argument there somewhat for Davidson. HOWEVER if it's the Coaches who actually vote, MONEY Is on ARchie. Do you really think McKillop and Shaka won't vote for Miller?

There's more of a case for URI - IF THEY win either the league outright or both the league and the Tournament

My money $$ is on ARCHIE. Maestro and Motivator!
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-02-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 03:40 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Conference coy, as well as all other awards will be announced prior to the start of the tournament
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Miller's got my vote. I thought this team would be out of gas half way through the conference schedule, instead the title is there for the taking, and in my mind we've pretty much sealed a bid to the dance. Truly impressive to squeeze this much out of the guys regardless of whatever happens in the post-season.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Conference coy, as well as all other awards will be announced prior to the start of the tournament
Correct. Last year all awards were released on the Tuesday before the A10 tournament started, so I would expect the same this year.

All awards except All-Academic are voted on by the coaches. All-Academic is voted on by the SIDs.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
theres an argument there somewhat for Davidson. HOWEVER if it's the Coaches who actually vote, MONEY Is on ARchie. Do you really think McKillop and Shaka won't vote for Miller?

There's more of a case for URI - IF THEY win either the league outright or both the league and the Tournament.

My money $$ is on ARCHIE. Maestro and Motivator!
I think It's a two coach race and could be close between Archie and McKillop
If UD wins out it will be Archie
If Davidson wins out it will be McKillop (A10 champ after being picked 12th and wins against arguable the other top 3 teams in the A10 - URI, UD, and VCU)

Wouldn't surprise me if they split the vote and we end up with Co-COTY
Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-01-2015)