User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Every year it seems

Every year it seems there is that electric guard that gets white hot and puts his team on his back, the list is long and distinguished Shabazz,Kemba,Mateen,Dixon,Delk,Simon, and on and on and on.

Maybe a certain guy wearing #24 can make that mark this year?

After these last two years. why doubt it? I'm sure as hell not betting against these guys
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
That would be something if #24 was to have a great enough spring to be on that list. Something pretty special would have to happen.

No doubt this Flyer's team is fun to watch, and it's easy to be happy and proud of their effort given all the obstacles they face. But I hope the team, nor the Flyer Faithful, get's to far ahead of ourselves, as there is a lot of game minutes, goals, and priorities ahead of us, before Selection Sunday. In other words a whole bunch can change between now and then. No doubt, if selection was today, UD is "In-Like-Flynn"; but it is still necessary to go out and win at-least one more game. And, depending on which game that is, maybe two more games. I wouldn't be comfortable if we lost the last two regular season games, and then only went 1-1 in A10 tourney. Still a lot to get done.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
I still say we need to win 2 of our next three games to be a lead pipe lock.

im a Kool-Aid guy i get jacked easily, huge UD win plus another crushing _avier defeat sent me sky high
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to see, and sell some tickets for, a UC/X First Four game. Now that would make the First Four Interesting. I don't care for UC that much, but I think I would have to root for the BearKittys in that one.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Brigadier General

Committee will not matchup teams in the first round that played during the regular season and i believe they try to avoid at all costs repeat match ups in the 2nd round
Old 03-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Brigadier General

So, you think, for example, UCLA and Boise, were the other two last four in, and UC and X are the two others; they would make either Boise or UCLA play in Dayton on Tuesday night?

It's just a question, not a criticism. Just asking?

My point, cannot the committees hands get tied at some point, and kind of force them on such an issue? Don't get me wrong, in may ways it would be better for the First Four if the two local or regionally close by schools played on different nights.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 03-01-2015 at 01:33 PM..
Old 03-01-2015, 01:38 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
I would love to see, and sell some tickets for, a UC/X First Four game. Now that would make the First Four Interesting. I don't care for UC that much, but I think I would have to root for the BearKittys in that one.
I would love to see X playing an NIT road game at Wright State, or play them a best of 3 in the CBI. They have not played well enough or won enough games to be in the big dance.
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Brigadier General

I was speaking solely as a ticketholder who wouldn't mind making a little profit from some fans down south. But, yeah, I would just assume X not be in post season, given how great and mighty the NBE is. It is also kind of nice to have some interest and enthusiasm in the First Four games. They can get a little dull with South Florida and Cal, et al.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 03:39 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
NBA bound?

Speaking to Sibert. I wasn't around much to see Negele Knight, but seems Jordan has come on strong roughly averaging 20 or 21 points a game the last 7 to 9 games.

I also think he has the body and the skills to be NBA ready in two years. He is very strong. Doesn't mix it up inside like Pierre but wouldn't need to in the NBA.

Pullup Jumper (he will take and hit more of those than he does now) in NBA. A-

3 Pointer - CHECK (A)

Driving - needs to work on but can dribble and drive and go up pretty strong. I'll give him a B

Free Throws B+/A (inconsistent at times)

How many of you think he has the drive and the skills to make it in the NBA?
Old 03-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Captain

hoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to behold
X is below .500 in not so great league. I don't know how many at large teams have ever gotten in below .500
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2015, 04:42 PM
1st Lieutenant

steve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nice
I wouldn't say X is in a "not so great league". They have now a number one seed in the big dance in Villanova (Gonzaga lost last night). The Big East is the second ranking RPI league in the NCAA..behind only the Big 12.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,619 Times in 5,098 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is more about Xavier's program going in the dumper, not their league.
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:28 PM
General

Thanked 4,909 Times in 2,263 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
Not a huge UC fan either, but since they canned Hugs, I have a lot more respect for them and would cheer like crazy for UC if they faced X.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-02-2015), rollo (03-02-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Not a huge UC fan either, but since they canned Hugs, I have a lot more respect for them and would cheer like crazy for UC if they faced X.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to LI Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-01-2015), CE80 (03-02-2015), flyerfanatic86 (03-02-2015), rollo (03-02-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
X's Rpi is very strong still
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,619 Times in 5,098 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
If they get swept by Creighton, they will have 13 losses on the year and an RPI near 50. An early exit from the NBE tournament could put them in jeopardy at that point. At some point, you have to win, no matter how many good teams you are losing to. This is what I have always said about the NBE. Some teams that used to win and get into the NCAA tournament as a result of that will be racking up major loss totals. Sheer number of losses will keep some of those past glory programs out of the tournament.

Last edited by Fudd; 03-01-2015 at 11:54 PM..
Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,110 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
It is still strong but a loss to Creighton could seal them unless they have a strong showing in the Big East tourney. Right now they sit 8-9 in conference play. A loss next Saturday and I believe they'd need to make at least the semifinals in the Big East tourney or they may be looking at an NIT.

UD isn't done yet either, we still need to win 1 of the last 2 and show up in the A10 tourney or it could be an edgy selection Sunday. Call me paranoid but I recall a year where UD had an RPI at something like 33-35 and got left out...
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
It is still strong but a loss to Creighton could seal them unless they have a strong showing in the Big East tourney. Right now they sit 8-9 in conference play. A loss next Saturday and I believe they'd need to make at least the semifinals in the Big East tourney or they may be looking at an NIT.

UD isn't done yet either, we still need to win 1 of the last 2 and show up in the A10 tourney or it could be an edgy selection Sunday. Call me paranoid but I recall a year where UD had an RPI at something like 33-35 and got left out...
They were left out with a 32 RPI because they fell apart in the conference and finished with an 8-8 record. This year is quite different.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post

Ok, Paranoid.

The year Dayton got left out with the good RPI was the year that CWright got hurt and we were clearly not the same team without him and most of our "big" wins were in the non-con with him on the floor.

Unique circumstances that you don't see if you just look at the RPI historically.

I hear what you're saying about X's number of losses, but if you compare their resume to some of the other teams that are being tossed around as the last four in - Stanford, UCLA, Pitt - X clearly has done more than them.
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 08:54 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Like the Flyers, X needs to win 1 more game.