Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
I believe he meant "games" instead of "class". Why would a student attend less classes after she stopped playing sports?, or another only go because he had lower bowl seats? But then again maybe not, given the source.
(with apologies to Emily Litella) Games? NOT class? Oh... Never mind!

Yes, I was aware of the prof king's slip of words. Was just trying to have some fun with it and run with it. Hope some enjoyed it.
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
If the students do not pack UD Arena Tuesday and if they are not incredibly loud, I will personally pay for 100 police officers to have overtime during/after UD's next NCAA win to prevent partying on Kiefaber! They will not have not earned the right.

For the lower arena non-student crowd, please be loud and obnoxious. Stand and yell so much you annoy all those around you. We need a big home court advantage versus RI!

But I am honesty more concerned about the non-students in the lower arena for Tuesday. Attendance is necessary, but not sufficient. Be loud!
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-01-2015), BRob2Perryman3 (03-01-2015), redbengal (03-01-2015), Runnin' Rebel (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
If the students do not pack UD Arena Tuesday and if they are not incredibly loud, I will personally pay for 100 police officers to have overtime during/after UD's next NCAA win to prevent partying on Kiefaber! They will not have not earned the right.

For the lower arena non-student crowd, please be loud and obnoxious. Stand and yell so much you annoy all those around you. We need a big home court advantage versus RI!

But I am honesty more concerned about the non-students in the lower arena for Tuesday. Attendance is necessary, but not sufficient. Be loud!
Posted via Mobile Device
Every single letter of this post is awesome. I could not have said this any better myself. I can guarantee this: you will hear me clear up in 411.

Ill pitch in on the cops overtime. Agreed these students don't deserve the right to rush Kiefaber
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-01-2015), ruechalgrin (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
The students who do consistently attend games, have earned some celebration rights though. So, I hate for them to be the first ones arrested. Hopefully, their classmates will join them and all of us for Tuesday night's game...Go Flyers!

A bigger question might be, what, if anything, will be different this year in how local law enforcement handles said kinds of situations? Given the feedback and criticism expressed by Dr. Dan after some over-zealous gruffness by both individual officers, and the general mentality of local police departments???????????

Should be interesting! Assuming enough happens for such a celebration to even occur.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Academy Doolie

Ivan is a jewel in the roughIvan is a jewel in the roughIvan is a jewel in the rough
Fair comparison?

Did anyone catch the Arizona / Utah game? Utah's arena holds 15,000 fans. That place was really rockin', all night long. I realize that it was a 7th ranked team versus 13th. But, it had conference championship implications, just like our upcoming game. It appeared to me that the whole lower arena, and more, were students. Is it fair to compare our environment this coming Tuesday to that game? After all, don't we have a national reputation as being one of the best men's basketball game venues in the country?
Mad Props to Ivan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe someone could had out wristbands to the students that show up at the game Tuesday. Then after each NCAA win, there could be a designated rioting area and only those with wristbands would be admitted.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-01-2015), ruechalgrin (03-01-2015), UDBaby (03-03-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Maybe someone could had out wristbands to the students that show up at the game Tuesday. Then after each NCAA win, there could be a designated rioting area and only those with wristbands would be admitted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Never happen but this is a fantastic idea!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Did anyone catch the Arizona / Utah game? Utah's arena holds 15,000 fans. That place was really rockin', all night long. I realize that it was a 7th ranked team versus 13th. But, it had conference championship implications, just like our upcoming game. It appeared to me that the whole lower arena, and more, were students. Is it fair to compare our environment this coming Tuesday to that game? After all, don't we have a national reputation as being one of the best men's basketball game venues in the country?
Well, Utah does have the weight advantage in this comparison. 3:1 advantage in undergraduate enrollment size (24k vs 8k). But we really do need better student body representation in order to enhance the sky high national fan reputation we've built.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
There are a probably 8000 UD Grads sitting on there hands at every game. Watch the VCU crowd. there older fans are 2x more involved than our fans. My section only moves to go to the bathroom or if Archie begs them to cheer. Thank God for the students.
As I watched yesterday I remembered the above post. I didn't think the VCU non-student fans were much better than ours. (I could only see those who were across from the cameras). A number of them didn't even put on their free gold T-shirts.
It looked like the VCU students are seated behind both baskets, and that helps distribute the sound and "excitement" around their facility. (We don't have enough students to do that even if we wanted to.)
Old 03-01-2015, 02:14 PM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
VCU has three times the UD undergrad enrollment and the gym only holds 7,600.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Academy Doolie

Ivan is a jewel in the roughIvan is a jewel in the roughIvan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
Well, Utah does have the weight advantage in this comparison. 3:1 advantage in undergraduate enrollment size (24k vs 8k). But we really do need better student body representation in order to enhance the sky high national fan reputation we've built.
Very valid point with the student enrollment ratio. Even so, isn't it reasonable to expect the students to fill the one short end of the floor given the fact those tickets are already paid for and we have a winning team busting their short-handed tails every game on their school's behalf. They want to tout being "The Red Scare" and boast of our national reputation. A lot of these games are nationally televised now, viewers see the empty student section seats and have to wonder "that's one of the best in the nation?" It would be a shame to see our 'decibel dungeon" reputation diminished due to some unexplainable apathy.....
Old 03-01-2015, 07:01 PM
2nd Lieutenant

purpieschu is on a distinguished road
I believe some of the student support issues are a PR issue. I confess my son and daughter are UD students and have not supported the team this year. I believe students should be able to buy tickets at the door Tuesday with a student ID. If that is the case I will be willing to pay for any student tickets up to 1000$ if they show up Tuesday. I will show up by 6:30 PM on the East side of the stadium. This is how much I appreciate the grit these 7 Flyers have demonstrated. I am totally serious.
Mad Props to purpieschu For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Captain

hoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to behold
If they cannot get UD kids there, send out tickets to fans that want to be there. Heck give them to high school basketball teams to help with recruiting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2015, 07:15 PM
1st Lieutenant

camo6 will become famous soon enough
Have an out of town freind going to the game with me on Tuesday, hope I'm not embarrassed by the student turnout.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
I know this is a bit apples to oranges, but I took a screenshot while watching the BC-NC State game yesterday. I know BC has had a rough season, but man, as they say, good seats still available.

I maintain that the students who have been there do a nice job, but we need more of them there. Tuesday's atmosphere in the Arena ought to be electric. Unlike the slow and clumsy BC Eagles, who did manage to blow out the Wolfpack behind former Flyer target Olivier Hanlon, who has over 1,600 points as an Eagle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BCstudentsection.jpg (11.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,538 Times in 783 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the lower student section will be full. The question is, will the upper section be full - I doubt it. I'm surprised that the game has not sold out yet, either.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 AM
1st Lieutenant

Dillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of light
As a current UD student, I can say that I am disappointed in my fellow classmates on campus when attending the bb games and since I was a freshman as to why not many students attend the home games. An eye opener for me was in my English class when my professor had a class discussion on how to write a good subject paper and used the basketball team as an example. In the mist of going through the example she asked how many of us follow the basketball team. In a class of 22 students consisting of mostly sophomores, only 6 of us raised our hands including myself. Even though that it is not a good sample size to do a pool, I concluded that the reason my classmates tended not to attend basketball games. And this has only be reinforced by UD faculty on the board such as rollo.

Tonight, the red scare is having a whole bunch of giveaways like in recent games. This includes the give away of free pizza to all students which was also done during the GM game, free T-shirts for the whole student section, more parking passes, even another giveaway of free T-shirts for the first to answer correctly UD trivia questions. On top of that, for senior night, they are honoring Sibert by having 500 mini heads of him. If all of this does not work to sell that whole lower student section out, we need to have a new plan, if Wednesday's attendance wasn't enough. Just thought I would throw my perspective as a current student into the mix.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Dillomernda For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-03-2015), jack72 (03-03-2015), MrFlyerFanatic (03-03-2015), number21 (03-03-2015), rollo (03-03-2015), shocka43 (03-03-2015), The Gem (03-03-2015), UD Sam (03-04-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Last night Larry Hansgen said every student should be at the game and offered to write a note to their teacher if necessary. I doubt that would fly with my son's Finance prof. For some, even the diehards, going tonight just isn't possible.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:33 AM

Thanked 15,916 Times in 6,997 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Last night Larry Hansgen said every student should be at the game and offered to write a note to their teacher if necessary. I doubt that would fly with my son's Finance prof. For some, even the diehards, going tonight just isn't possible.
One of my students made it clear to me last week that he was going to tonite's game and wouldn't be in my Royal class. I have a strong and firm attendance policy that basically says if you're breathing, I expect you to be in class...5-point penalty for missing...no exceptions.

I texted him last night and said it would be an 'excused' absence...the first I've ever given.

And 'no', I'm not getting soft. I just want my man Pollard and the rest of My Team to have as much support as humanly possible.
Bat'71 (03-03-2015), CE80 (03-03-2015), College B-Ball Fan (03-03-2015), Figgie123 (03-03-2015), Ivan (03-03-2015), jack72 (03-03-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-03-2015), swish61 (03-03-2015), The Gem (03-03-2015), TMPH66 (03-03-2015), Tony T 71 (03-03-2015), UD Sam (03-04-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 08:44 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dillomernda View Post
As a current UD student, I can say that I am disappointed in my fellow classmates on campus when attending the bb games and since I was a freshman as to why not many students attend the home games. An eye opener for me was in my English class when my professor had a class discussion on how to write a good subject paper and used the basketball team as an example. In the mist of going through the example she asked how many of us follow the basketball team. In a class of 22 students consisting of mostly sophomores, only 6 of us raised our hands including myself. Even though that it is not a good sample size to do a pool, I concluded that the reason my classmates tended not to attend basketball games. And this has only be reinforced by UD faculty on the board such as rollo.

Tonight, the red scare is having a whole bunch of giveaways like in recent games. This includes the give away of free pizza to all students which was also done during the GM game, free T-shirts for the whole student section, more parking passes, even another giveaway of free T-shirts for the first to answer correctly UD trivia questions. On top of that, for senior night, they are honoring Sibert by having 500 mini heads of him. If all of this does not work to sell that whole lower student section out, we need to have a new plan, if Wednesday's attendance wasn't enough. Just thought I would throw my perspective as a current student into the mix.
Dillomernda - I feel bad for you in that you are attending UD at a time when student interest in attending is not there. The reasons why are not important. Most of us on UDPride attended at a time when student attendance was a given. However, you can't worry about anyone else. You will be able to take more pride in our Flyers as we take flight.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
One of my students made it clear to me last week that he was going to tonite's game and wouldn't be in my Royal class. I have a strong and firm attendance policy that basically says if you're breathing, I expect you to be in class...5-point penalty for missing...no exceptions.

I texted him last night and said it would be an 'excused' absence...the first I've ever given.

And 'no', I'm not getting soft. I just want my man Pollard and the rest of My Team to have as much support as humanly possible.
We still call it "soft".......lol
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-03-2015), rollo (03-03-2015), THirt (03-03-2015), UD Sam (03-04-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Rollo=soft?

Nah! LOL
Old 03-03-2015, 09:44 AM
General of the Air Force

"And what happened then? Well, in Flyerville they say that Rollo's small heart grew three sizes that day."
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-03-2015), MikeF (03-04-2015), number21 (03-03-2015), rollo (03-03-2015), springborofan (05-16-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,288 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
I know this is a bit apples to oranges, but I took a screenshot while watching the BC-NC State game yesterday. I know BC has had a rough season, but man, as they say, good seats still available.

I maintain that the students who have been there do a nice job, but we need more of them there. Tuesday's atmosphere in the Arena ought to be electric. Unlike the slow and clumsy BC Eagles, who did manage to blow out the Wolfpack behind former Flyer target Olivier Hanlon, who has over 1,600 points as an Eagle.
Watched the BC at VT game last might, same story, 1000's of fan disguised as empty chairs. Looked pathetic, makes one appreciate what we have.
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
THirt (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
My guess is at least the student section in the 200 level will fill up. Maybe this will even be the game when that section in the 400's doesn't look like the visiting fan section at 3rd tier English soccer match.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:33 PM

Thanked 6,180 Times in 4,207 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like BC made a very big mistake when they fired Al Skinner.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Captain

UD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
My guess is at least the student section in the 200 level will fill up. Maybe this will even be the game when that section in the 400's doesn't look like the visiting fan section at 3rd tier English soccer match.
I can remember sitting in the last row in the absolute corner of 400 section for the UD and ND game in 1990. I must have been the last student to get a ticket (with the little ticket book).

Seemed to me like there were 200-300 (loud) students sitting in that section for that game. I think we won like 102-99. The X game that year was similar.

I don't recall seeing that many students at any game for a long time.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:06 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Arrive early

Originally Posted by UD93 Steve View Post
I can remember sitting in the last row in the absolute corner of 400 section for the UD and ND game in 1990. I must have been the last student to get a ticket (with the little ticket book).

Seemed to me like there were 200-300 (loud) students sitting in that section for that game. I think we won like 102-99. The X game that year was similar.

Although we were only freshmen, one of my friends was an usher for that game. We arrived early and were chosen to be part of the Bud Light Daredevil halftime show.
We had upper level tickets, but stood next to our friend in the yellow usher's coat the entire game.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD93 Steve View Post

I was in the 100s for those games! reminiscing about that run NEVER gets old!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:02 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,118 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Keith Raad @KeithRaad · 5m 5 minutes ago

80% of the @red_scare is here already for #Dayton v. #RhodeIsland

Keith Raad ‏@KeithRaad 44s44 seconds ago

There's about 4 more rows to go for @red_scare It's 6:01 p.m. #Dayton

They got the message
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-03-2015), CE80 (03-03-2015), Runnin' Rebel (03-03-2015), swish61 (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 06:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
45 minutes before game and it is full

Last edited by cj; 03-03-2015 at 06:54 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-03-2015), CE80 (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Way to go Students!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-03-2015), CE80 (03-03-2015), College B-Ball Fan (03-03-2015), UD93 Steve (03-04-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 09:58 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Great crowd!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (90.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 03-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Students did a great job this evening. Actually everyone in the crowd did a great job as I love how Archie flaps his arms trying to get the crowd hyped.

Last edited by Ready Action; 03-03-2015 at 10:09 PM..
Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
TMPH66 (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Amen to that! They were loud and proud. A GREAT showing tonight. Nice job, students!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
Everybody did great tonight
Old 03-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Atmosphere was electric- all night. Started with student section. People were on their feet in last row of the upper deck at times. Up so high they should have oxegyn tanks there. Never a better time at the Arena this year. And what a send off for JS!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Were there students sitting in the 400s?
Old 03-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,173 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
All the way to the roof. And apparently being turned away at the door.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-03-2015), FlyerFanatic1986 (03-04-2015), Tony T 71 (03-03-2015), UD93 Steve (03-04-2015), udstevied_D87 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 08:38 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Heard from an usher that they had to bus some students back to campus because there were no seats available.
Kudos to the students for their effort last night. Carry it over to November.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MrFlyerFanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-04-2015), udstevied_D87 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Standing
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Colonel

udstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud of
Take a look at Morgan Miller's feed from last night, great pictures of the student section. If you don't follow her, shes hilarious and so passionate ha

Some highlights:

Morgan Miller @BballWife4Life · 11h 11 hours ago
When you do what we do
CHECK THIS AMAZING WARM UP VIDEO https://instagram.com/p/zykxyKyaWw/

Morgan Miller
‏@BballWife4Life
Now this is what a student section should look like 52 mins before Senior Night at THE University of Dayton!

Last edited by udstevied_D87; 03-04-2015 at 09:12 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udstevied_D87 For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (03-04-2015), jack72 (03-04-2015), Radar (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Brigadier General

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
What were the white shirts supposed to spell out?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:23 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
"6th"
Old 03-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Brigadier General

Where does this year fall in overall fan support? 5th best ever.

69-70 12,982 per game average
70-71 12,767
08-09 12,765
71-72 12,741
14-15 12,726
Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-05-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 09:53 AM

Thanked 15,916 Times in 6,997 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
"6th"
My tOSU son is still a huge UD fan and he called me after the game to say the student section and their '6th man' theme looked and sounded awesome on TV.
CE80 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 AM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
That picture 52 minutes before the game is amazing, amazing! When Archie talks the players listen. When Morgan talks the students listen!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:00 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,173 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Where does this year fall in overall fan support? 5th best ever.

69-70 12,982 per game average
70-71 12,767
08-09 12,765
71-72 12,741
14-15 12,726
07-08 and 09-10 regular season is higher than this year, except they keep the NIT home games from those years as part of the season average, which drops the numbers greatly.