Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
2015 Dayton Flyers NCAA Tournament Ticket Process Released

For anyone that didn't get the email...

http://daytonflyers.com/news/2015/3/...304152439.aspx

It's determined by 1) lifetime giving history towards UD Athletics and 2) If you are/are not a season ticket holder.

I think this is great and makes the most sense.

As great as it'd be to placed in LOU, PIT, or COL, don't expect to be getting your tickets through UD.
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,343 Times in 450 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
I do not think this is so great. Just the opposite actually... sounds to me that regardless of the fact that I am a season ticket holder and have a really good history of giving to UD Athletics - I won't get any tickets to the sites I can actually make it to:

"The vast majority of Champions & Scholars Fund members and season ticket holders are unlikely to secure any tickets to these sites through the University."
Old 03-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
I do not think this is so great. Just the opposite actually... sounds to me that regardless of the fact that I am a season ticket holder and have a really good history of giving to UD Athletics - I won't get any tickets to the sites I can actually make it to:

"The vast majority of Champions & Scholars Fund members and season ticket holders are unlikely to secure any tickets to these sites through the University."
So what solution do you propose? It may or may not benefit you personally, but this is what's most fair IMO.

There are a limited amount of tickets (I think it's around 500) so it's simple supply and demand.

Last edited by 224; 03-05-2015 at 09:30 PM..
Old 03-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep tabs on it from game to game as well. UD is only given so many tickets, but UD also typically has a few extra. For the Florida game in Memphis, you could have easily scored tickets with the extras that were purchased from teams that were knocked out. While this doesn't help with the first game, the second game can free some up.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Colonel

Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
I just find strange that I have a better chance to get tickets if they get sent to Portland versus the sites within driving distance???
If everyone has to put in for them at the same time, the supply and demand is the same regardless of where the games are - correct?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Captain

I just find strange that I have a better chance to get tickets if they get sent to Portland versus the sites within driving distance???
If everyone has to put in for them at the same time, the supply and demand is the same regardless of where the games are - correct?
No.

You can pick which sites you want to request tickets. So if you're willing to go to Omaha or Portland, where there aren't as many alumni and people are less inclined to travel to, you probably have a good shot.

You may be spot 800/5,000 for Columbus request list, but 20/300 for Portland.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Colonel

OK... did not realize you could pick your sites.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
The process is fair, I don't know how else UD could do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2015, 11:29 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Also the number of tickets ultimately available are different by site. The difficult ones are already largely sold out with only school allotments available. For those not sold out the NCAA will allot more tickets if schools can sell them. Those are generally the upper level tickets referenced.
Posted via Mobile Device