User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Reflections from Row 4 at Chaifetz (part 1 of 2)

Some of this ventures a little off topic, but will follow up in Part 2 with all game related observations.

• First off, hats off to the entire team, staff, program, etc. Having been a steadfast Flyer fan for 23 years now, these have been the kinds of games that we get so excited for, only to fall agonizingly just short or catastrophically fail (like last week at SJU). That was as tough (not necessarily pretty) of a performance as I have witnessed by the Flyers in a long time. Not sure if get served crow or not, but will gladly digest it if necessary. I was as skeptical as they come, for several reasons that I outlined late last week (more on that later).

• Good showing by the Dayton fans last night. I always chuckle at the casual Billiken fans who get so surprised when they see hundreds of Dayton fans lurking in the corridors and in the seats. When this game falls on a weekend, there are usually over 1000 Flyer fans in the house.
• If not aware, I am an 8-year Billiken season ticket holder and moved my tickets to 5 rows behind the visitor’s bench a few years ago, for one reason – the Dayton game. My wife has 2 (maybe even 3) degrees from SLU. And I love college hoops (2 brothers went to Xavier), so for my money, SLU season tickets was at the top of the family entertainment budget. For 15 games out of the year, I walk into Chaifetz and support the Bills as if they were one of my own, because in many ways, they are now. But once a year, I walk into that building sporting my red sweater vest and am as passionate a Flyer supporter you can find. I am a coach’s son, so I am typically very vocal and often times critical. My wife cannot understand how I can cheer so staunchly and take such jubilation in that victory, when it comes at the expense of the Billikens. I don’t have an answer and I am not sure she could understand it. Perhaps it cannot be comprehended by someone who didn’t go to UD? Do I sympathize with those 5 amazing seniors at SLU who just lost on Senior Night? Sure, at least a little. But that sympathy is so far outweighed by the excitement and jubilation of MY Flyers winning a monster, must have, back-against-the-wall game, on the road and all of it transpiring just 30 feet in front of me.

• Every year, I get asked by a number of different people about my allegiance in this game. I find it a silly question. My answer, every year, is unequivocally and without hesitation or thought, the Flyers. But the frequency of the question has given me pause for thought. Do others not feel the same way about their college experiences as I do? Clearly not, and that’s unfortunate. Because if they did, they wouldn’t even bother asking the question. My decision to attend the University of Dayton became the most important and life shaping decision in my first 18 years. It literally changed my life. Not because of the things I learned in the classroom, but because of the people I met (both staff and students) and how those people helped me become the person I am. I probably didn’t recognize this then, but 19 years later, it’s easy to put that in perspective. The mother-ship of Dayton athletics is Men’s Basketball. It’s the one sport that alums across the country can follow, even if just casually, so it easily becomes the most tangible extension of the University. I am lucky here in St. Louis, I get to see and attend the men’s and women’s basketball and soccer games when the Flyers come to town. No matter what the sport and how many folks are at the game, I am a proud Dayton Flyer and can strike up a conversation with an alum (having just met them) very easily. And not just there, but anywhere about St. Louis, as we have thousands of alums that frequent the area and I seem to run into them everywhere – client offices, bars, sporting events, airport, etc. These random exchanges are so frequent, that my wife often exclaims “Jesus, they’re everywhere.” And this goes back to the connection that most UD alums seem to have, that other undergraduate experiences don’t seem to deliver.

While the above post covers more about "me" than I prefer to disclose, I am genuinely interested in other's thoughts or comments about the situation. I find myself in the unique position, that often times puts me at odds with my wife (who has become just as passionate about her team), some of my buddies who played for SLU, SLU coaches, the AD, etc. Trying to do my best to continue supporting the Billikens, but have people understand that my allegiance and devotion the University of Dayton is an unwavering pledge that runs to the core of my very being.
21 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (03-07-2014), Bat'71 (03-06-2014), Bill McPeek (03-06-2014), Bonziflyer (03-06-2014), CJ2etc (03-06-2014), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-06-2014), Cleve (03-06-2014), Fair34 (03-06-2014), Flyer 79 (03-06-2014), flyerfan4life (03-06-2014), frisco flyer (03-06-2014), Fudd (03-06-2014), Gem City (03-06-2014), Mark_K (03-07-2014), Medford (03-06-2014), Muckem333 (03-07-2014), T-Bone 84 (03-07-2014), THirt (03-07-2014), tirebiter (03-06-2014), UD90 (03-06-2014), UDBrian (03-06-2014)
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Similar situation...

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Some of this ventures a little off topic, but will follow up in Part 2 with all game related observations.

• First off, hats off to the entire team, staff, program, etc. Having been a steadfast Flyer fan for 23 years now, these have been the kinds of games that we get so excited for, only to fall agonizingly just short or catastrophically fail (like last week at SJU). That was as tough (not necessarily pretty) of a performance as I have witnessed by the Flyers in a long time. Not sure if get served crow or not, but will gladly digest it if necessary. I was as skeptical as they come, for several reasons that I outlined late last week (more on that later).

• Good showing by the Dayton fans last night. I always chuckle at the casual Billiken fans who get so surprised when they see hundreds of Dayton fans lurking in the corridors and in the seats. When this game falls on a weekend, there are usually over 1000 Flyer fans in the house.
• If not aware, I am an 8-year Billiken season ticket holder and moved my tickets to 5 rows behind the visitor’s bench a few years ago, for one reason – the Dayton game. My wife has 2 (maybe even 3) degrees from SLU. And I love college hoops (2 brothers went to Xavier), so for my money, SLU season tickets was at the top of the family entertainment budget. For 15 games out of the year, I walk into Chaifetz and support the Bills as if they were one of my own, because in many ways, they are now. But once a year, I walk into that building sporting my red sweater vest and am as passionate a Flyer supporter you can find. I am a coach’s son, so I am typically very vocal and often times critical. My wife cannot understand how I can cheer so staunchly and take such jubilation in that victory, when it comes at the expense of the Billikens. I don’t have an answer and I am not sure she could understand it. Perhaps it cannot be comprehended by someone who didn’t go to UD? Do I sympathize with those 5 amazing seniors at SLU who just lost on Senior Night? Sure, at least a little. But that sympathy is so far outweighed by the excitement and jubilation of MY Flyers winning a monster, must have, back-against-the-wall game, on the road and all of it transpiring just 30 feet in front of me.

• Every year, I get asked by a number of different people about my allegiance in this game. I find it a silly question. My answer, every year, is unequivocally and without hesitation or thought, the Flyers. But the frequency of the question has given me pause for thought. Do others not feel the same way about their college experiences as I do? Clearly not, and that’s unfortunate. Because if they did, they wouldn’t even bother asking the question. My decision to attend the University of Dayton became the most important and life shaping decision in my first 18 years. It literally changed my life. Not because of the things I learned in the classroom, but because of the people I met (both staff and students) and how those people helped me become the person I am. I probably didn’t recognize this then, but 19 years later, it’s easy to put that in perspective. The mother-ship of Dayton athletics is Men’s Basketball. It’s the one sport that alums across the country can follow, even if just casually, so it easily becomes the most tangible extension of the University. I am lucky here in St. Louis, I get to see and attend the men’s and women’s basketball and soccer games when the Flyers come to town. No matter what the sport and how many folks are at the game, I am a proud Dayton Flyer and can strike up a conversation with an alum (having just met them) very easily. And not just there, but anywhere about St. Louis, as we have thousands of alums that frequent the area and I seem to run into them everywhere – client offices, bars, sporting events, airport, etc. These random exchanges are so frequent, that my wife often exclaims “Jesus, they’re everywhere.” And this goes back to the connection that most UD alums seem to have, that other undergraduate experiences don’t seem to deliver.

While the above post covers more about "me" than I prefer to disclose, I am genuinely interested in other's thoughts or comments about the situation. I find myself in the unique position, that often times puts me at odds with my wife (who has become just as passionate about her team), some of my buddies who played for SLU, SLU coaches, the AD, etc. Trying to do my best to continue supporting the Billikens, but have people understand that my allegiance and devotion the University of Dayton is an unwavering pledge that runs to the core of my very being.
SLU, we live 20 minutes from UConn and have season TX for everything. Great entertainment for retired folks. And my wife and I are dyed-in-the-wool Husky fans....have been for 25+ years.

But, on the rare occasions when the Flyers meet the Huskies it's a very different situation. The UD men's team has never played in CT...but the Flyers are 2-0 against UConn elsewhere.

Two years ago the UD women played at UC...and my wife and I were sitting in our usual seats decked out in UD gear. I d@mn near died sitting through that debacle. I've seen the UConn women slaughter teams...Top 10 teams, in fact. But, that was Dayton...and I could hardly bear it.

We do get over to Kingston RI for URI games. The UD women's team does well there. But, it's been a long time since I drove home happy after a men's game. The Dayton men have been playing horribly at URI for a decade.

Thanks for passing along your experience at the game. That must have been fun. Interesting that you mention seeing so many UD grads in SL. Our alumni office claims ~ 700 UD grads live in CT....I've only run into one of them. Here it's hardly an exageration to say that no one has ever heard of U. of D. I get nothing but a blank stare when I mention where I went to school. Kind of frosts me!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2014), SLUFLYER (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
I would never root for any team coached by Crews, that's just the way it is and some things will never change.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
SLUFlyer - Not quite the same circumstances but, my wife and I are UD grads. My older daughter graduated from OSU. My younger one is a freshman there. The older one especially has become a big OSU (and college in general) hoops fan. Growing up in NJ and going to school at UD, I would have considered myself more of an OSU hater. I have lived in Cleveland for 34 years. I have softened up on the Buckeyes and now they are my 2nd team. My daughter and I talk about basketball. We text back and forth during OSU games. I traveled to Madison (she lives in WI) to watch the Buckeyes beat WISC. She texted me first thing this morning, congratulating the Flyers on the big win. It is a bond we share.

That said. If the Flyers ever meet OSU, there is no doubt in my mind that I would be as into the game and a Flyer victory as I would any other game. Not a doubt in my mind.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Major

Gem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant future
ditto....My neighbors and friends don't seem to understand or can relate to my passion for UD either. I have many friends that are die hard Ohio State and Kentucky fans and I am always amazed to learn that the majority of them attended other schools. I have two friends that are both huge Ohio State fans, one went to Kent and the other went to Cincinnati. I asked them both if Kent or Cincinnati played OSU for a national title who would they want to win? They both said Ohio State. I don't get that at all. I've lived in Cincinnati for 17 years now, so I've become a bit of a Bearcat football fan myself, but I'd never in a million years cheer for UC over UD. Never... They could be competing in thumb wresting and I'd still be pulling for my Flyers.

In short, to answer your question, it would seem that the UD experience is unique. It's not just alumni either. UD has many loyal fans that grew up in Dayton following the Flyers. There is a real connection between the greater Dayton community and the university.

Last edited by Gem City; 03-06-2014 at 04:16 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gem City For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-06-2014), Flyer 86 (03-06-2014), SLUFLYER (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Major

westchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to all
SLU, at one point there was a shot of the UD crowd behind the bench going absolute ape sh!!. One large man in particular who, I assume, is DMO's father was quite animated. Looked like they were having some serious fun there!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to westchesterflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 04:08 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Great, great post! This should be noted by espn as the difference between pro and college sports.
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by westchesterflyer View Post
SLU, at one point there was a shot of the UD crowd behind the bench going absolute ape sh!!. One large man in particular who, I assume, is DMO's father was quite animated. Looked like they were having some serious fun there!
Am confident that was DMO's dad. He worked just as hard the entire game as his son did.

And yes, while it took a while, we had fun and got to enjoy about 20 minutes of that 2 and half hour window. The rest felt like a meat grinder.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
SLU, good post. I can't explain it either but once you've been a UD student, you seem to always be a UD fan. I live in Indiana, have degrees from UD and IU, we attend all Flyer home games and a few IU games throughout the year. But, if the Flyers played the Hoosiers, no doubt I'm wearing Flyer gear and rooting for UD. That feeling is the reason we all sometimes get a little to emotionally involved in our support. Is that healthy? Nope, probably not!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Captain

426 Kiefaber is a jewel in the rough426 Kiefaber is a jewel in the rough426 Kiefaber is a jewel in the rough426 Kiefaber is a jewel in the rough
I grew up in London Ohio, 20 mins from Columbus, and have been a Buckeye fan my whole life. But as a UD alum, I'd root for UD any time they meet. No question about it. I wasn't one of those clowns wearing a UD shirt and an OSU hat when they met in the NIT a few years back...I was ALL UD that night. I'll never forget the Chris Wright dunk in that game over like 3 Buckeye defenders. B-Rob's senior year. Hearing the UD cheers drown out the Buckeye crowd that night was pretty cool. I remember all the old timers getting so pi$$ed. We got so screwed out of the dance that year. BRob got screwed more than anyone.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 426 Kiefaber For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
..... Every year, I get asked by a number of different people about my allegiance in this game. I find it a silly question. My answer, every year, is unequivocally and without hesitation or thought, the Flyers. But the frequency of the question has given me pause for thought. Do others not feel the same way about their college experiences as I do? Clearly not, and that’s unfortunate. Because if they did, they wouldn’t even bother asking the question. My decision to attend the University of Dayton became the most important and life shaping decision in my first 18 years. It literally changed my life. Not because of the things I learned in the classroom, but because of the people I met (both staff and students) and how those people helped me become the person I am. I probably didn’t recognize this then, but 19 years later, it’s easy to put that in perspective. The mother-ship of Dayton athletics is Men’s Basketball. It’s the one sport that alums across the country can follow, even if just casually, so it easily becomes the most tangible extension of the University. I am lucky here in St. Louis, I get to see and attend the men’s and women’s basketball and soccer games when the Flyers come to town. No matter what the sport and how many folks are at the game, I am a proud Dayton Flyer and can strike up a conversation with an alum (having just met them) very easily. And not just there, but anywhere about St. Louis, as we have thousands of alums that frequent the area and I seem to run into them everywhere – client offices, bars, sporting events, airport, etc. These random exchanges are so frequent, that my wife often exclaims “Jesus, they’re everywhere.” And this goes back to the connection that most UD alums seem to have, that other undergraduate experiences don’t seem to deliver.

Most people don't get it. Clearly you do as well as 99% of those who attended the university. I am guessing the girl who used to stand on the corner of Brown street picketing the university for whatever happened with her degree is in that 1%, but there aren't many. I travel a lot with my job and whenever I bump into a Flyer in a business setting there is the connection and a slight digression from the business at hand. Whether it is discussing if the deli is still in the ghetto or talking about whether we will win 18 or 24 games - business usually stops for a couple of minutes.

You hit the nail on the head!
Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,287 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sea Bass View Post
I would never root for any team coached by Crews, that's just the way it is and some things will never change.
I'll be rooting for Crews and SLU to beat UMASS. That is probably the only realistic chance we will have to move up to a 5 seed. five seed would put us against 12/13 and then the four seed. Of course upsets occur, as we have just experienced, but all things being equal SLU has the best chance to help us.
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 09:53 PM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by westchesterflyer View Post

That was indeed the Oliver family: Kelvin, Amy, and Maya . . .
The camera cut to Devin's sister Maya several times.

NovaFlyer (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
As a Villanova and UD grad I have mixed feelings when they play, but never when they are playing others. In PR I switched sides at the half and met some great new Villanova friends. I wanted to root for each and really was not in favor of either, becuse I win no matter who wins. Teams that play the game fair are so easy to cheer.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:48 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
SLUFlyer - Not quite the same circumstances but, my wife and I are UD grads. My older daughter graduated from OSU. My younger one is a freshman there. The older one especially has become a big OSU (and college in general) hoops fan. Growing up in NJ and going to school at UD, I would have considered myself more of an OSU hater. I have lived in Cleveland for 34 years. I have softened up on the Buckeyes and now they are my 2nd team. My daughter and I talk about basketball. We text back and forth during OSU games. I traveled to Madison (she lives in WI) to watch the Buckeyes beat WISC. She texted me first thing this morning, congratulating the Flyers on the big win. It is a bond we share.

That said. If the Flyers ever meet OSU, there is no doubt in my mind that I would be as into the game and a Flyer victory as I would any other game. Not a doubt in my mind.
So...

I had a guy that reports to me (he is and OSU grad) and knows my kids go/went to OSU and I follow the Buckeyes, asked me who I would be rooting for. I looked at him and said not .0000000000001% of me would be rooting for OSU. No conflict whatsoever. I rather this not be the first round match-up but now that it is -- game on.

Crazy thing is my wife (UD grad) grew up in Syracuse and all her family are big SU fans. So Syracuse would be my 3rd team. She had a cousin ask her who she would be rooting for? When she told me I just said WTF (actual words).

WE ARE UD!! GO FLYERS!!
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
axehandle (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
So...

I had a guy that reports to me (he is and OSU grad) and knows my kids go/went to OSU and I follow the Buckeyes, asked me who I would be rooting for. I looked at him and said not .0000000000001% of me would be rooting for OSU. No conflict whatsoever. I rather this not be the first round match-up but now that it is -- game on.
Same for me. I am a Buckeye fan, but not for this game. Not even a little. I want to wipe the floor with them.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
axehandle (03-17-2014), CE80 (03-17-2014)