User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-17-2019, 12:34 AM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Last six games

Even after today's tough loss, the Flyers are still in pretty good shape for a top four finish in the A-10. Here's a look at the top half of the A-10, and their games remaining against other teams in the top half of the standings

Davidson (10-2):
vs Dayton
vs St Bonaventure

VCU (10-2):
vs St Louis
@ George Mason

George Mason (9-3):
@ St Bonaventure
vs Duquesne
@ St Louis
vs VCU

Dayton (8-4):
@ Davidson
vs St Louis
@ Duquesne

Duquesne (8-5):
@ George Mason
@ St Bonaventure
@ St Louis
vs Dayton

St Louis (8-5):
@ Dayton
@ VCU
vs George Mason
vs Duquesne
@ St Bonaventure

St Bonaventure (6-5):
vs George Mason
vs Duquesne
@ Davidson
vs St Louis

Davidson and VCU have the easiest remaining schedules, and should be considered a lock for the 1-2 spots in the standings.
George Mason has a tougher remaining schedule , but only 3 conference losses so far.
Duquesne, St Louis, and St Bonaventure all have to play each other, so that means at least three losses for the teams right behind the Flyers. St Louis, in particular, has all their remaining games against the top half of the conference. George Mason, Duquesne, and St louis all have to travel to Olean - the Flyers double-overtime win there back on January 19 is starting to look pretty good.
Dayton has only to win four of their last six games to be in good shape for a top-four finish - not bad for a team predicted to finish anywhere from 4th to 10th in the preseason.
Go Flyers!

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Glen Clark For This Totally Excellent Post:
NYCFLYER (02-17-2019), SeasonTicketFan (02-17-2019)
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
It looks like it is going to come down to the game in Pittsburgh. The crowd will probably be 50/50 if previous years are any indication.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:07 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta love the A10 office endangering at large chances by making Davidson play Fordham twice
Old 02-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
It looks like it is going to come down to the game in Pittsburgh. The crowd will probably be 50/50 if previous years are any indication.
Being local I attend most/all of the Flyers at Duquesne games. The Flyer fans make up more than 50% of the crowd I think (I sit among them in my UD gear- and their good natured folk who seem impressed by our attendance)... and they often pay us the ultimate complement by playing at the Pen's hockey home as opposed to the school gym. Generally only time they don't is when the Pens are playing on their home ice.

BTW I loved when the A-10T was here that one year- great venue and things to do with a cheap Uber ride.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
Being local I attend most/all of the Flyers at Duquesne games. The Flyer fans make up more than 50% of the crowd I think (I sit among them in my UD gear- and their good natured folk who seem impressed by our attendance)... and they often pay us the ultimate complement by playing at the Pen's hockey home as opposed to the school gym. Generally only time they don't is when the Pens are playing on their home ice.

BTW I loved when the A-10T was here that one year- great venue and things to do with a cheap Uber ride.
The game is at AJ Palumbo this year. I regularly attend this game as well. I’d prefer the game at the smaller facility because we can get… Well… LOWD!
And we do .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2019, 05:22 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
The last six games are going to MOST interesting!
Old 02-17-2019, 06:12 PM
General

Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Boom!

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
. . . George Mason, Duquesne, and St louis all have to travel to Olean - the Flyers double-overtime win there back on January 19 is starting to look pretty good . . .

Just like that, the Patriots get clobbered in Olean - 56-79 Bonnies!

Old 02-23-2019, 07:35 PM
General

One week later:

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Davidson (10-2):
vs Dayton
vs St Bonaventure
0-1

VCU (10-2):
vs St Louis
@ George Mason
0-0

George Mason (9-3):
@ St Bonaventure