User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Toughest A10 Tourney Match-Up?

I know I'm jaded, having witnessed the St. Joe's game up-close and personal (as is the only vantage point in that mousetrap).....but, that aside, I have to say that before the brackets were set I thought that St. Joe's would be the toughest team for the Flyers to play.

Even taking into account the fact that in the most recent game with the Hawks we played as poorly as any Flyer team has in quite a while...AND...St. Joe's was lights-out, couldn't miss, unconscious.....a synchronous $hit$how if ever there was one.

I know it will be a better game (yes, guilty of looking past GM), but I sure wish it wasn't St. Joe's standing between the Flyers and an invite to the Ball.
Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-10-2014)
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2014, 01:07 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
good points UD Baby.

i think it's good for us, if we are to be ready for the ready to rumble NCAA tourney.

Can't hold back or not play 35-40 minutes of Defense and Offense this week! All Engines Forward.

I like how we have scrapped and won many 50-50 balls the past 2 weeks. Great to see that GREGORY inspired energy with Archie Milller offense thriving.

Bring it on in Brooklyn!! Death to the Hawk!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
UDBaby - I sure don't disagree. Going into Sunday, I was okay with a 6 seed because it meant staying away from Joes in the quarters whether Joes won or lost. That said, it is what it is. Now let's just win the whole thing. I'd love to see a VCU - UD final in Brooklyn. VCU fans travel well and in NY, I could see Flyer fans coming from all over to attend.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
It is what it is. The odds say that it is difficult to beat a team three times in one season, especially a team that is as good or nearly as good as you (maybe better in my opinion). Yesterday against LaSalle, St. Joe's couldn't hit the side of a barn. Their best wins away from home all season (which is where the game will be played, of course) are a last second heave at Dayton, at LaSalle, and at Vermont. Pardon me while I yawn.

Saddle up and win, boys...
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-10-2014), Flyer 86 (03-10-2014), Flyer69ers (03-10-2014), SC_Flyer (03-10-2014), UDBaby (03-10-2014), westchesterflyer (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
My preference

is to play teams that have beaten UD in conference play. I find motivation to be an important factor in who wins. It is very easy to overlook an opponent whom you have won against and fail to bring the intensity required to play good defense and rebound. So I will be crossing my fingers against either Duquesne or George Mason and I say bring on the Hawks. Go Flyers!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
First, beat Mason/Fordham.

Should a rematch with SJU happen, I don't see it as being much different (in approach) to the rematch at SLU. Senior night, clinching A10 at home in SLU's grasp, we crapped on ourselves in the first matchup, blah blah blah...then went out and won the game BECAUSE WE HAD TO. SJU will be similarly motivated, but I gotta think they think they own us based on the previous two games. The Flyers need to prove 'em wrong.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
VCU would get my vote for toughest matchup. Especially on a night when Khari's knees are aching badly and Scooch decides to play like a Freshman and not a Sophomore.

UD has been given a gift in a potential QF matchup with St. Joe's. Talk about controlling your own destiny! The Hawks are the target in so many ways for the Flyers. They are kneck-and-kneck in record, RPI, and even in the updated Lunardi Bracketology (right next to each other in Last Four In). If they were in different halves of the draw and Dayton were to have lost to GW in the Quarters while St. Joe's got to the Semi's or Finals before losing, then we'd always wonder if us getting left out of the Dance (if it played out that way) was at the expense of St. Joe's getting in. Even if we BOTH lost our QF games (if we were in different quarters of the draw) it would really hurt if St. Joe's got their name called on Sunday and Dayton didn't. You can bet we'd all be wishing we'd had one last shot at them then!

Carpe Diem (after they Carpe Diem on Thursday first, of course)!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-10-2014), FlyerGuyer (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
It's March. Play your game and play every one of them like it's your last. It's the only way to get to the next one! Go Flyers!
Mad Props to AC91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,111 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
First, beat Mason/Fordham.
Agreed.

Should a rematch with SJU happen, I don't see it as being much different (in approach) to the rematch at SLU.
I think the whole idea of playing SJU again and the nervousness that might come with, should be an issue for the fans only. This team is really focused right now and when they take the court from here on out, they need to focus on their game and ignore the name on their opponent's jersey.

Besides, that game in St. Joseph's now looks like an enigma. Many of us fans were totally on the wrong side of analyzing that game. I doubt the Flyers really care about who they are playing right now, their confidence is at a season high right now.
Mad Props to JimBo For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
We simply have to come out and play the A-10 Tourney the way we played in Maui. We can't take anyone lightly, we need to have a chip on our shoulders and take it to whoever it is on the court. IMHO, any team in this Tourney is capable of beating any other team if one of them is unprepared for a dog fight. Given what's transpired in the other leagues with "bubble teams" (especially the Big Ten, Big XII and Pac 12) and the past BCS bias in the Selection Committee, I won't feel comfortable unless we take two in NY. This should be an exciting, highly competitive few days at Barclay's, and I hope the crowds are bigger and better than what will be staged at the Garden a few miles away.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
Agreed.

I think the whole idea of playing SJU again and the nervousness that might come with, should be an issue for the fans only. This team is really focused right now and when they take the court from here on out, they need to focus on their game and ignore the name on their opponent's jersey.

Besides, that game in St. Joseph's now looks like an enigma. Many of us fans were totally on the wrong side of analyzing that game. I doubt the Flyers really care about who they are playing right now, their confidence is at a season high right now.
Can't disagree, but St. Joe's presents some very real match-up problems for the Flyers. As others have mentioned, this is a play-in game for sure...Not to say the loser is definitely out, but the winner is absolutely in.
Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDFLIES (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
UD capable of beating anyone in conference and losing to anyone in conference. Lets win Thursday before we start worrying about SJU. You have to play someone eventually.
Mad Props to number21 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Fordham favored per Kenpom (W, 79-74, 67%)