Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SC_Flyer View Post
I was hoping that someone was compiling all the nice pictures of Morgan in this thread and instead I stop in here and find the same crap that I am finding in every other thread. I might need to lower my expectations...
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
Why couldn't/shouldn't we have had both?
Great coaches create legacies
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
And UD shouldn't be an injury and criminal behavior away from having one PG, 6 scholarship players and nobody over 6'6 tall. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you were on his case when that hypothetical turned into reality.
That involves a series of events - having1-2 players on the roster is a recruiting error and i stated that is my opinion. It is also my opinion that AG is in danger of not having a more talented roster for his first game than AM did and aftet 6 seasons I would not expect that even in a rebuilding year
Old 04-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
The only reason I can think of that there's almost a polar opposite feeling toward AM is that some of us expected this to happen sometime soon and others felt that UD was so great of a place to coach that nobody in their right mind would take another coaching job elsewhere. Somehow that sentiment wasn't there when OP and BG left, my guess is because it was AM himself that made UD a much better job than it was before(not saying it wasn't a special job then, just that it's better now).

Totally agree...I do not understand why there was not all this bitterness towards BG and OP.

They both left too. I see no difference with what those 2 did vs. what AM did.

AM is being unfairly singled out.

Originally Posted by Smitty10
What I really don't like about this talk about leaving the cupboard bare is that it sets up for apologists for AG if things don't work out. The biased of him being an alumni is most likely going rare it's head a lot in the future. If AG goes 5 years without any string of success, there's going to be group on here that says "it's AM's fault for leaving when he did and AG is doing the best he can with the situation he was left with".
Totally agree...the excuses for AG are already cued up, and he has not even coached a game yet.

The cupboard is not bare.

Last edited by ud2; 04-12-2017 at 11:31 PM..
Old 04-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
[QUOTE=ud2;503700]Totally agree...I do not understand why there was not all this bitterness towards BG and OP.

They both left too. I see no difference with what those 2 did vs. what AM did.

AM is being unfairly singled out.

You are 100% right...we should have reamed them out too!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
BG didn't leave willingly. The Gregory's loved UD and I guarantee he didn't want to leave. That's one difference.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-13-2017), Figgie123 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 AM
1st Lieutenant

UDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to all
People actually wanted Archie to still be the coach here, he was coming off the best 4 year period in program history. That's the main difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDFLIES For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (04-13-2017), Figgie123 (04-13-2017), FLYER5 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:04 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFLIES View Post
People actually wanted Archie to still be the coach here, he was coming off the best 4 year period in program history. That's the main difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
We want you, Indiana wants you(that could be a song) and you chose Indiana so you're public enemy #1 here. We don't want you, Georgia Tech wants you, and you leave for Georgia Tech, we love you forever. Yep, makes sense, love the ones you don't want and hate on the ones you do.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
SC Flyer - 3 questions....
I came back for the link to the pictures...not to be baited. I have complete control over my bait. One could call me a master baiter.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SC_Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (04-13-2017), cj (04-13-2017), UDTradition (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 04:00 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
the servant waits ...
Old 04-13-2017, 04:05 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SC_Flyer View Post
I came back for the link to the pictures...not to be baited. I have complete control over my bait. One could call me a master baiter.
There is no shortage of master baiters around here.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Major

Wink

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
There is no shortage of master baiters around here.
SC is too smart and obviously too clever for me!
Old 04-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Major

momszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud of
Pic Link

SC Flyer,

If you haven't already seen, it's the last post on page 1.