UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2013-2014 Game Threads

2013-2014 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 12:33 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Richmond Game Thread

Thank you DMO, Vee, Kav & Vondy! No let down boys, let's punch our ticket to the dance!

Time to get payback for the Homer job in the last game in Virginia.

Starting Lineup (based off VCU game):

G Kendall Anthony 5'8" 140 JR Jackson, TN
G ShawnDre' Jones 5'10" 155 FR Houston, TX
F Trey Davis 6'5" 200 SO Richmond, VA
F Deion Taylor 6'7" 200 SO New Orleans, LA
F Terry Allen 6'8" 235 SO Houston, TX

Game is at 7 PM Saturday Night... Let's hope the Arena is rocking... Go Flyers!

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 03-07-2014 at 11:16 AM..
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I tried to find the post about this yesterday, but couldn't dig it up. My memory might be wrong, but IIRC there was a post on here by a board regular 4+ years ago that talked about a young man and his father that he met on the bus to the stadium from the delphi lot. He talked about what a nice young man and father the two were, how obviously they were coming to the game on their own nickle since they were parking out there, but he came away impressed with the kid from Michigan on a personal basis, knowing nothing about his game. Didn't take long to figure out that the kid on the bus was Devin Oliver.

Anyhoo, from a humble introduction to the most important cog on a potential NCAA bid and perhaps the begining of the rise of UD basketball. A kid who watched the class he was recruited with, most, if not all of them significantly more heralded than the he was coming in, playing more minutes and a larger role than he did as a freshman. He saw a program on the "rise" crumble before him, he saw a coaching transition unlike few I've seen (ie a coach moving on to a "higher level school" yet so many of the fans happy to see him leave) and yet the young man just kept working; came in skinny, he's leaving ripped. Couldn't hit a shot outside ot 5 feet and often fumbled away layups, he's now one of the higher percentage 3 point and free throw shooters. A kid who sat back and took it all in from the bench to a kid out there directing everyone else, helping to mold the freshman below him, showing them how to study film, break down film, work on their game, etc.. I have never meet Devin Oliver, may never meet Devin Oliver but from the outside looking in, this kid seems like a kid (heck he's a man now) poised for greatness in something. I'm sure he'll give professional a try, you have to figure there is a role in the D-league, perhaps even a shot at the NBA, definently a spot overseas if he wants it. His game and build remind me a lot of a young Charles Smith of the Knicks in the early to mid 90s. The guy wasn't the greatest NBA talent, but he fit in nicely on those Knick teams w/ Ewing in the post and a collection of great gaurds, he could hit an outside shot, a mid range shot, hit his free throws, attack rebounds, hustled on defense, handle the ball a little, etc... In other words, he could do a bit of everything and compliment everything that was going. But should professional basketball not work out, or his body grows old, I have little doubt that he's going to be impacting lives in his "next career" whichever path he decides to take.

For 3 seasons Devin showed the ability to jack of all trades, master of none. Now in year 4,he's a become a master of all trades. From the outside looking in, he's what college athletics are supposed to be about, humble beginings, hard work and peaking as your senior season unwinds.

As far as the game, I hope this team stepped off the plane wednesday evening realizing that the SLU victory was a great accomplishment, but a loss on senior night will bring them right back to the bubble. They've worked far too hard, and improved far too much from their 1-5 start in conference pla to let it slip away by overlooking the Spiders. They've already lost down there, so there should be some motivation to return the favor aside from potential NCAA bids or A10 seeding. This team has a habit of falling behind and playing catchup. Its remarkable how many times they've done this over the last several weeks or heck going all the way back to the GTech and Cal games. I'd love to see them jump out in front early and roll their way to an "easy" 10+ point win. I'll settle for a 1 point win at the buzzer, it would be nice if Khari Price could sit out the last 10 minutes with a comfortable lead and give him self some extra rest. the back to back (to back to back hopefully) nature of the A10 tournament is not going to be eas on his legs I would imagine. Don't head to Brooklyn with doubts in anyones mind, get this one, get the next and put yourself comfortably in the field.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (03-08-2014), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-07-2014), FlyingArrow (03-08-2014), Glen Clark (03-07-2014), pmcmullen (03-07-2014), Rick303 (03-08-2014), UD Sam (03-09-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Medford, I think you should do Devin's intro for senior recognition! I truly don't understand why he wasn't a candidate for the Lowes Senior CLASS Award. I don't know the selection process, but it was a big miss by someone.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Medford, I think you should do Devin's intro for senior recognition! I truly don't understand why he wasn't a candidate for the Lowes Senior CLASS Award. I don't know the selection process, but it was a big miss by someone.
Swampy wasn't that a kid from a small school in MI, who ended up at somewhere like Oakland?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Swampy wasn't that a kid from a small school in MI, who ended up at somewhere like Oakland?
Medford's story is better.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
You're asking a 63 year old guy to remember something that happened 4 years ago? 40 sure. 4, not so much.

I recall the story; not sure who it was.

I'll be there tomorrow to see the 4 seniors off with a victory.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:16 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
It somewhere in the archives, but about the farthest I can go back on a Devin Oliver search was the early stories of when we has a recruit, but his name was known (apparently offered by BG for a while before he appeared on anyone's radar). I'm fairly positive it was a kid from Michigan, so until proven otherwise, I'm stickin' to my story, why let the truth get in the way
Old 03-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
I remember a quote that DO's HS coach said that this kid will be a NBA player. Had all the
tools and unique skill sets for a big kid. Now, I'm guessing that the career that DO has had hasn't played out quite the way both DO and his coach had imagined, none the less, we're seeing many of those skills wrapped into this senior year. Who knows maybe had things come easier to DO that he might not be both the person and hard hat/ lunch pale player he's become. We'll never know that but I know DO has learned to never say never/ never say die and those very same attributes and attitude will allow him to maybe even have a better pro career than had the other road been taken.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
I tried to find the post about this yesterday, but couldn't dig it up. My memory might be wrong, but IIRC there was a post on here by a board regular 4+ years ago that talked about a young man and his father that he met on the bus to the stadium from the delphi lot. He talked about what a nice young man and father the two were, how obviously they were coming to the game on their own nickle since they were parking out there, but he came away impressed with the kid from Michigan on a personal basis, knowing nothing about his game. Didn't take long to figure out that the kid on the bus was Devin Oliver.
I like Medford's story also. It is how legends and folk lore are initiated. It was Flyer Al's post. Dwaun now plays for Wagner after starting at Mich St and dropping out before the season started. He was never offered by UD before MSU offered and he committed. Sad story with hopefully a good ending.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1280521

"It's Funny Who You Might Meet On A Shuttle Bus
My nephew and I were riding over to the Arena from the Delphi lot Saturday when I heard the guy sitting next to me say that he was from Michigan. I asked him what brought him to town and he said he was here on a recruiting trip from Suttons Bay Michigan. He pointed to the back of his left hand and said Suttons Bay was up at the tip of his ring finger. If you are unsure what he meant, look at the back of your left hand and then look at a picture of the state of Michigan and it will make sense. Of course, I became curious and I asked who the player was. He pointed to a young man seated to his left. He mentioned the player's name but on the noisy bus I didnt hear him clearly but he did tell me that he was a shooting guard from the class of 2011. I looked at the player and said welcome to Dayton where we are a basketball crazy town and he thanked me and smiled. The guy sitting next to me, I assume he was a coach, said they had driven 7 and a half hours to come see UD play. I asked him if he knew who Juwan Staten was and he said he didnt and I told him about Juwan's pedigree and said that his player could look forward to a lot of assists from the starting guard on the Oak Hill Academy team and his eyes lit up some when I said Oak Hill. By this time we were at the Arena and I wished them both a good time at the game. Needless to say, when I got home I looked up his information. He was Dwaun Anderson."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-07-2014), Medford (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:51 AM
General

thanks Jack. forget the first part of my post then, the rest still stands.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
If Archies smart he gave a pair of tickets behind the bench to Luke Kennard.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously, who would stay up til 11:35 to watch Wheel of Fortune?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:14 PM
General

Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Richmond has come to play. Hopefully we've got our big boy pants on...
Old 03-08-2014, 07:14 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
3-3... 15:11 left in the half
Old 03-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
We need the close calls this game. They have driven 2x to the hoop and gotten the calls (which were fouls on Kavs and Sibert); and Pierre no call and Robinson dunk clearly fouled and no call.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Anyone know how to get a bigger picture without the black at the top and bottom?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 PM

ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
black will be at top and bottom.

Vee looked like he was fouled going to the hoop as well.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:22 PM
General

DMO has frustrated me during his career, but I love his hustle.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Major General

kiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Richmond has come to play. Hopefully we've got our big boy pants on...
Mooney's teams always play hard
Old 03-08-2014, 07:23 PM
General of the Air Force

7-5 UD under 12 left in the half

Love our intensity so far, especially on D. We have come to play.
Major General

kiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these parts
Shooting for both sides is atrocious.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:26 PM
General

Big time flop
Old 03-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Major General

Can Kavanaugh ever stay out of foul trouble and play an entire first half?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kiefaber455 View Post
The OVER isn't looking good
Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM
General

Anthony with his second foul. Let's take advantage.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:32 PM

This is like watching the St Louis team a few years back... boring.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:32 PM
General of the Air Force

11-10 UD with 7:30 left in the half... Keep working boys
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Major General

Is Richmond's defense that good, or is UD just not hitting open shots?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 PM

We have missed or had blocked about six point blank shots.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Major General

We have missed or had blocked about six point blank shots.
Seems to be a recurring theme with this team
Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
off to a good start baby
Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 PM

Scott could foul during a timeout
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Major General

Nice run by the two seniors--need to keep it up
Old 03-08-2014, 07:40 PM
General of the Air Force

19-10 UD with 5 min left in the half
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Was waiting to see if Scott would contribute something tonight. He did. In record time. With no time off the clock after his entrance he commits a foul. Amazing. Flyers looking hungry so far though.
Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-08-2014)

Sanford beating the zone by penetration.
ruechalgrin (03-08-2014)
Major General

Scott could foul during a timeout
I'm hoping that at some point in his career, the light bulb goes on and he can start playing defense--I have my doubts, however
Old 03-08-2014, 07:41 PM
General

Seniors--DMO, Vee--stepping up
Old 03-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Major General

13-0 run over the last 2:32

and no sooner, they give 5 right back
Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 PM
General

Let's run them out of the gym.

I HATE Richmond.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-08-2014), ruechalgrin (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Major General

The 3 freshmen in together
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Scott with the block! And rebound. Wahoo!!

Love Pollard and Davis. They only have one speed... turbo to the basket.
General of the Air Force

26-15 UD with 3:12 left in the half
Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Major General

Would love to see Anthony pick up his 3rd foul
Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Major General

Pierre seems to be non-existent in this game
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Major General

Love Khari Price
Old 03-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Colonel

Devon!!!! I like the new you!!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:51 PM
General

Excellent!!!!!

Keep the pedal to the metal. Make this a statement win to the committee.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Major General

Well, they started 3-12 and are now 12-15 at the half--way to pick it up
General of the Air Force

Very good half... UD up 34-19
Captain

Larymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to allLarymike is a name known to all
That last out of bounds play by UD was U G U L Y!
Mad Props to Larymike For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:54 PM

Awesome half for the Flyers!!!

All Richmond has is out of control drives to the bucket trying to pick up fouls and 3 point shooting.
Colonel

Excellent intensity in the first half. Some great choices on offense. Going to the paint like Richmond did to us last time. Calls mostly going our way in this one. Working extremely hard on D. Keep it up, fellas!

Originally Posted by Larymike View Post
That last out of bounds play by UD was U G U L Y!
I love how we played, but we run the worst plays under 10 seconds in the 1H or game ...
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Larymike (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Nothing to complain about that half. Great effort by all on both ends.

Someone needs to take Anthony out if the refs won't. He did that dribble into the defender last game a zillion times and again today.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Playing with a great deal of passion. Keep it up!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
The crowd sounds great and really into it.

I love the pace the Flyers have been playing with. When they play at this kind of pace, they are very difficult to beat.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Brigadier General

looks like we are huge SLU fans tomorrow. i want nothing to do with VCU next Friday, rather see GW
Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post
The crowd sounds great and really into it.

I love the pace the Flyers have been playing with. When they play at this kind of pace, they are very difficult to beat.
Amen. We have never seen them hurry to get the ball out of bounds after a basket and down the court to beat the defense setting up... wonderful
Old 03-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,452 Times in 781 Posts
DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
A nice first half, so far so good for senior night.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Major General

Anthony getting a free pass to the basket?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:15 PM

I love DO, but up 16 with 20 seconds on the shot clock, don't need the 27 foot 3 ...
Old 03-08-2014, 08:16 PM

i was just thinking what an awesome game Oliver is playing, then he throws up that awful 3 airball.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:16 PM
General of the Air Force

UD up 16 with 15:30 left
Old 03-08-2014, 08:17 PM

16 in this game is like 25 in most games
Colonel

anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
looks like we are huge SLU fans tomorrow. i want nothing to do with VCU next Friday, rather see GW
Nobody scares me in the conference with the way this team has been playing, except St. Joe's. They scare the crap out of me and I'd rather not see them again this season.

Dayton has a lot of ball handlers on the team, I think they match up well against VCU. And yes, I remember what they did to us on our home court.
Major General

Anyone else playing for this team besides Oliver over the last couple of minutes?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:18 PM

DO missed his defensive assignment and easy layup result, take him out for a breather.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Major General

They need a run now like they had in the first half and put this game out of reach
Old 03-08-2014, 08:21 PM

12:41 left, take a TO
Old 03-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Major General

Pierre with 1 point and 1 rebound--glad others are picking up his slack
Old 03-08-2014, 08:22 PM

We are up 14 with 12:12, but need to slow down and get a good possession.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Colonel

Sluggish
Old 03-08-2014, 08:23 PM
General of the Air Force

43-29 UD with 11:55 left
Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 PM

This is the time to put them away. 42-29, shooting 2 foul shoots with 11:56 to go. Don't let Richmond hang around.

Go Flyers!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
We are up 14 with 12:12, but need to slow down and get a good possession.
If they could run like they ran in Maui, this game could be over by the next TO
Old 03-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Awesome box-out, rebound, push, and pass by Pollard
Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Major General

Can't let this team hang around
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 PM

Can't let this team hang around
They hit 2 threes in a row and back in the game. Let's take them out, don't let them hang around.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Major General

UD hasn't had a FG in over 4 minutes--need to take it strong to the hoop--the longer Richmond hangs around, the more confidence they're going to get
Mad Props to kiefaber455 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 08:31 PM

How about taking Kav off of Allen. He is eating him up.
ruechalgrin (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 PM

Let's run a solid play here. Up 11 with 9:27.

I run an iso for DO, but tell him to drive the bucket.
General of the Air Force

45-34 UD with 9:30 left

How about taking Kav off of Allen. He is eating him up.
Totally agree, let's see Robinson.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Major General

UD in the bonus with over 8 minutes left--NEED TO HIT THEIR FT'S
Old 03-08-2014, 08:35 PM

DO playing great on offense, great dish to Sibert; great drive.

But he is not in the game defensively.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
Let's run a solid play here. Up 11 with 9:27.

I run an iso for DO, but tell him to drive the bucket.
And so he takes a 3....and misses it
Old 03-08-2014, 08:38 PM
General of the Air Force

50-39 UD with 7:07 left... 16 and 8 for DMO

7:07 left, UD up 50-39. We need to sit Kavs and get some D like Robinson.

We get up to 59 points and we win this game. They are very unlikely to get 20 points in 7 minutes (after 39 points in 33 minutes). We need 3-4 great offensive possessions.

Kav and Price switch leaving Price on Allen while Kav runs around trying to find someone to guard. Silly, silly stuff.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Colonel

We're now playing Richmond's game. We have to get back to playing our game. Control the pace.
Mad Props to anthonycharles For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-08-2014)

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
50-39 UD with 7:07 left... 16 and 8 for DMO
Want to see him driving to the hoop, not launching 3s from 25 feet, but playing great on offense.
Major General

Kav and Price switch leaving Price on Allen while Kav runs around trying to find someone to guard. Silly, silly stuff.
30th game of the year, this should not happen
Old 03-08-2014, 08:40 PM
General

Ok, we need to pull our craniums out.

UD up 8.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Major General

They need to want this game more than Richmond
Old 03-08-2014, 08:41 PM

up 8 with 6:20 to go, did not put them away.

Let's put Robinson, DO, Vee, Sibert, and Karhi in.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Major General

Wouldn't it be nice if UD could get a player with the offensive skills of Kendall Allen--or better yet have someone that could guard him
Old 03-08-2014, 08:43 PM

D up, cannot let them cut it to 5-6.