Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 12:59 PM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
But what is "what he deserves" based on, other than the fact that you (and I) love Obi Toppin? He has not gotten an opportunity to show what he deserves. His stats shot way up in the last 7-10 games of the season but those were basically meaningless games against late season call ups. I am not saying he deserves $5 million or $40 million (well not $40M because that is what Durant makes and he made Obi look like a broken fence gate the last time they played Brooklyn).

I am just saying that until he gets a new coach or a new team we won't know what he deserves. Everybody wants and deserves to paid what they are worth, but in the interim while there is a pay structure in place, I could make do on $5M per year, especially knowing that I am not putting a bunch of miles on and getting beat up every other night.

It will happen, I mean somebody paid Mike Connolly like $120M over the course of 5 years.

I think you're missing what I'm saying. I'm simply making the point that if someone says "you should be happy making $5M per year" it's possible, at least hypothetically, that they would NOT be happy. I was not attempting to reach the conclusion that he's worth more than $5M per year. Maybe he should be ecstatic to even be getting a paycheck to carry the water bottles, that's not my point. My only point is don't automatically say that if someone is making $5M per year then they should just shut up (which is not what you said) because someone else somewhere is making $50K per year. That's all.
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2022, 02:19 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Knicks sign center Mitchell Robinson to 4 year 60 million dollar deal.
wow
Old 07-01-2022, 03:34 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,009 Times in 498 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I think you're missing what I'm saying. I'm simply making the point that if someone says "you should be happy making $5M per year" it's possible, at least hypothetically, that they would NOT be happy. I was not attempting to reach the conclusion that he's worth more than $5M per year. Maybe he should be ecstatic to even be getting a paycheck to carry the water bottles, that's not my point. My only point is don't automatically say that if someone is making $5M per year then they should just shut up (which is not what you said) because someone else somewhere is making $50K per year. That's all.
I gotcha I was just responding to the statement to the effect that Obi is a cheap underpaid option for the Knicks right now. I was just saying that I didn't think $5M a year for 14 mins a game was cheap or underpaid, while recognizing that his lack of minutes is not due to a lack of ability. I agree that a someone could be making $5M per year and conceptually be grossly underpaid.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-01-2022)
Old 07-14-2022, 09:00 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
The Jazz and the Knicks are in trade discussions for All Star guard Donovan Mitchell. Danny Ainge is said to be looking for primarily #1 draft picks—which the NYK have. Is it too much to ask for them to include Julius Randle in the deal?
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-19-2022), wes (07-14-2022)
Old 07-14-2022, 03:25 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
The Jazz and the Knicks are in trade discussions for All Star guard Donovan Mitchell. Danny Ainge is said to be looking for primarily #1 draft picks—which the NYK have. Is it too much to ask for them to include Julius Randle in the deal?
Posted via Mobile Device
I would like to see a starting lineup of Jalen Brunson, Donovan Mitchell, RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin and Mitchell Robinson.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:21 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,210 Times in 975 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Caught a very short clip of the Knicks Summer League game yesterday. Only one play actually. I don't know any of the players names, so bear with me.

The Knicks had a break. The guard pushed up court with a man on his left who pointed toward the rim. The guard tried to take it himself and was called for a charge.

Here is how I imagine a conversation should go on the bench:

Coach: IF you make the regular season roster and Obi Toppin points at the rim on a break like that, throw the **** ball toward the rim.
Player: ......
Old 07-15-2022, 11:48 AM
General

Thanked 4,338 Times in 2,133 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
While I agree with your "how it should go" conversation... here is the real conversation on the bench:

"if Obi is running the court and throws his hand up in the air, that means find Randle and get him the ball so we can work on our black hole offense" errr.... at least I assume that is how the conversations go on the bench based upon what I've seen.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-15-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 01:57 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Caught a very short clip of the Knicks Summer League game yesterday. Only one play actually. I don't know any of the players names, so bear with me.

The Knicks had a break. The guard pushed up court with a man on his left who pointed toward the rim. The guard tried to take it himself and was called for a charge.

Here is how I imagine a conversation should go on the bench:

Coach: IF you make the regular season roster and Obi Toppin points at the rim on a break like that, throw the **** ball toward the rim.
Player: ......
Player: BUT THIBS WANTS ME TO PASS THE BALL TO RANDLE!
Mad Props to AZFlyer85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 03:44 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Jazz Reportedly Asking Knicks For Three Players, Six First-Rounders In Mitchell Talks

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/07/...ell-talks.html

Obi, IQ and Quentin Grimes plus six 1st Round draft picks for Donovan Mitchell?

How about "NO!?"

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 07-15-2022 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-15-2022, 04:26 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Jazz Reportedly Asking Knicks For Three Players, Six First-Rounders In Mitchell Talks

How about "NO!?"
How about - F@ck No!!!!!
Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 08:32 AM

Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,763 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
This might be part of the Obi dilemma in New York.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...a2cab341145587
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-18-2022), Medford (07-18-2022), San Diego Flyer (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 09:43 AM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute

How about "NO!?"
If it got Obi out of NY and into a spot where he can start, then I'm all for it. Either he or Randle has to go.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 01:26 PM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
If it got Obi out of NY and into a spot where he can start, then I'm all for it. Either he or Randle has to go.
Obi would thrive in an offense centered around Brunson and Mitchell. Randle only works in an offense that goes through Randle, and we've seen how that goes. The problem is the Knicks think they should get a big return if they traded Randle, and no one is giving up assets for him.
Mad Props to TheDuke2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 11:09 PM

Thanked 17,143 Times in 5,114 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Lots of smoke w/the Jazz trade tonight...lets wait and see. The amount the Knicks want to give up for Donovan Mitchell is just preposterous. One guy doesnt lead you to the NBA Title. Were that the case Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing would have a handful of rings on their hand. The Knicks are hopeless. Its like the Herschel Walker trade if they make it happen. They already have one overpaid prima donna on the team in Randle. Knicks fans will come unglued.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 07-22-2022, 07:37 AM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
This might be part of the Obi dilemma in New York.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...a2cab341145587

Simple question: if you were an NBA exec, would you want Randle on your team for $26M per year?

Easy answer. No. He's expensive at half the price. 20/10 doesn't matter, he doesn't make the players around him better.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-22-2022), Fudd (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 08:23 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Lots of smoke w/the Jazz trade tonight...lets wait and see. The amount the Knicks want to give up for Donovan Mitchell is just preposterous. One guy doesnt lead you to the NBA Title. Were that the case Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing would have a handful of rings on their hand. The Knicks are hopeless. Its like the Herschel Walker trade if they make it happen. They already have one overpaid prima donna on the team in Randle. Knicks fans will come unglued.
I'm hoping Obi is included in any trade and the Knicks hang onto Randle. That organization is just ran like a dumpster fire, maybe Obi can show out on a rebuilding team like the Jazz are about to be.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TheDuke2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (07-22-2022), TXFlyerFan (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 10:09 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,595 Times in 5,091 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Simple question: if you were an NBA exec, would you want Randle on your team for $26M per year?

Easy answer. No. He's expensive at half the price. 20/10 doesn't matter, he doesn't make the players around him better.
Well said.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,587 Times in 3,712 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
The perfect trade

Thibs and Randle to any team on the west coast (late start time, reduces chances I watch) for a beer vendor, custodian, and 3rd round draft pick!
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 05:26 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,751 Times in 793 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
The perfect trade

Thibs and Randle to any team on the west coast (late start time, reduces chances I watch) for a beer vendor, custodian, and 3rd round draft pick!
Asking an awful lot there for those 2 aren’t ye?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-22-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 12:22 PM
Staff Writer

From The Knicks Wall: What is a Obi Toppin’s fate if no trades happen?

https://theknickswall.com/whats-obi-...no-trade-come/
Posted via Mobile Device
fuz_forward (07-29-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-30-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 03:09 PM

Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,763 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
My inside info from the Jazz. The Knicks initiated the request for Mitchell and the Jazz made huge demands. The Knicks want Mitchell, but at what price? Obi along with so many draft choices gave the Knicks heartburn.

The deal was reported a done deal a week ago and has not happened. They obviously did not complete it (yet?). So the tweet last week was very premature.

Now you see more rumors about Mitchell and other teams. The Jazz are listening to any offer for every player on the team.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:24 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...-than-reality/

Sounds like Grimes is the sticking point. If/when the Knicks and Jazz come to an agreement on a deal for Mitchell, sounds like Obi is most likely to be included in said deal.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 06:30 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,612 Times in 2,463 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I want to see Obi and Julius play together. I hope this is streamed tonight.

Tweet:
Tonight around 7:45 pm
Everyone pop out to @HostosCollege tonight for @procitynyc, as @obitoppin1,@J30_RANDLE
@IQ_GodSon
& the newest member of the
@nyknicks,
@jalenbrunson1, will be in the building! Early arrival is advised & vaccination cards are required!

Saw another tweet that said it might possibly be covered at the link below (If logistics could be worked out)
https://www.youtube.com/knicksfantv
Old 08-08-2022, 06:32 PM
Staff Writer

So it looks like Obi, Julius Randle, IQ and newly acquired Jalen Brunson will be playing in the ProCity playoffs tonight in NYC at 7:45pm.

Supposedly this dude is gonna stream it on YouTube:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CPTheFanc...30754557779970

Lifelong beat me to it by 2 minutes. Well done!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 08-08-2022 at 06:34 PM..
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 08:01 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,612 Times in 2,463 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
This link seems to be the best I've found. Now says it starts at 8:10pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgpPo7XYe0o
Old 08-08-2022, 08:26 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,501 Times in 819 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
This link seems to be the best I've found. Now says it starts at 8:10pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgpPo7XYe0o
Well, I can tell they're playing basketball. That's about as much as I can see.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (08-08-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 08:27 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post

Your eye sight must be a little better than mine!
Old 08-08-2022, 08:29 PM
Staff Writer

Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Dang, that's like trying to watch scrambled Cinemax back in the day.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-09-2022), podcast411 (08-08-2022), ud2 (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 09:41 PM
Staff Writer

Brunson to Obi for a triple:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...17267488342020
Flyer 86 (08-09-2022), fuz_forward (08-09-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Staff Writer

Obi windmill:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...CzhceI95orAAAA
fuz_forward (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 04:09 PM
Staff Writer

Julius Randle, Jalen Brunson and Obi Toppin hooping together in NYC

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...36038730928128
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 04:32 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...tm6xa14aihasai

Obi wound up with the most points out of him (25), Randle (18) and Brunson (24).

Link above has a video with 2 minutes of highlights. Including a Nice pass from Obi to a cutting Randle - sure hope Thibs was watching. And there was a between the legs dunk as well.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-09-2022), fuz_forward (08-10-2022), Glen Clark (08-10-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-09-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 03:58 PM
General

For better or worse, Obi is not going to Utah...

The cavs just traded for Donovan Mitchell.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:10 PM
Staff Writer

I’m sure Obi’s family is relieved. Not sure how his situation is going to improve, barring a Randle trade. We shall see.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-02-2022, 09:42 AM
Major

I’m sure Obi’s family is relieved. Not sure how his situation is going to improve, barring a Randle trade. We shall see.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rumor is Randle is gone - not happy being 3rd option behind RJ and Brunson. Likely will be gone before the pre-season starts. But it is NY so take rumors for what they are worth.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:32 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,751 Times in 793 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
Rumor is Randle is gone - not happy being 3rd option behind RJ and Brunson. Likely will be gone before the pre-season starts. But it is NY so take rumors for what they are worth.
That’s what’s so mystifying about Obi’s lack of playing time. Obi can produce stats but is also willing to do whatever to help the team win. He’s not gonna force it when his matchup isn’t good or his game is off that day. He’ll find other ways to contribute and facilitate others. Why wouldn’t you want a guy like that in the center of your game plan?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-02-2022, 10:55 AM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Link above has a video with 2 minutes of highlights. Including a Nice pass from Obi to a cutting Randle - sure hope Thibs was watching. [/QUOTE]

If Thibs was watching, it's unlikely it would have any consequence based on tons of previous Obi showings previously. I don't think Thibs has the first or the last word on Knick moves.
His personnel moves are becoming legendary and reek of ineptitude.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:02 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
I live in NJ. NY Knick basketball scene has been very quiet over last month or more. Most of publicity in NY area has been on the Nets and Durant.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:45 PM
Staff Writer

Obi and the NYK on TNT right now, as in Tuesday night.

#1 scores 8 points on 4-9 shooting (0-4 from three) grabbed 6 boards and had 3 assists in 22 minutes.

Highlights:

https://twitter.com/nyknicks/status/1577439358906503169

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...DSud3toOQrAAAA

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...CjodvAmuQrAAAA

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 10-04-2022 at 08:59 PM..
fuz_forward (10-05-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-04-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 11:27 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,009 Times in 498 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
It was sort of a tough watch. Obi was out there at least trying to run some offense, everyone else was just trying to take their man one on one. Preseason, oh well.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:38 PM
Staff Writer

Obi hit a three: https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...Cj-djhjOgrAAAA

And a leaner: https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...CjpajIjOgrAAAA

And a bank finger roll: https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...Cj3Z7UjegrAAAA

Plus blocked a shot: https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...Ci7YCQi-grAAAA

On his way to 10 1st half points

And added the infamous Eastbay between the legs whammer jammer in the 2nd half:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...CjzfP9lOgrAAAA

Which drew this reaction from MSG:

https://twitter.com/dan_ny_b/status/...DS2e_blOgrAAAA

Then #1 broke out for two jams in a row. Here are both of them:

https://twitter.com/KnicksMSGN/statu...60015933267969

He later buried a trey:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...Cj6efdlugrAAAA

and stole the ball and windmilled it home:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...Ci3bCVl-grAAAA

He finishes with 24 points and as the NYK leading scorer

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 10-07-2022 at 09:54 PM..
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-08-2022), Chris R (10-08-2022), CT Flyer (10-10-2022), fuz_forward (10-10-2022), Glen Clark (10-07-2022), Runnin' Rebel (10-07-2022), The Fly (10-08-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 11:21 PM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Start him!

Old 10-07-2022, 11:56 PM
(Formerly O'Side Flyer)

Brad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Start him!
From your lips to Thibs' ears!
Old 10-08-2022, 12:07 AM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Brad S. View Post
From your lips to Thibs' ears!
who happens to be deaf.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2022, 10:39 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,478 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Every time Obi beats the opponents down the court for a jam, his teammates don’t have to make the trip to the offensive end. He’s gotta be the most popular guy on the team for that fact alone. Take this play off…Obi’s got it.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (10-08-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 11:41 AM
Major

FYI - the URL for the large image is:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fegv6kAX...jpg&name=large

Last edited by podcast411; 10-08-2022 at 11:44 AM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (10-09-2022), fuz_forward (10-10-2022), Glen Clark (10-08-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-08-2022), shocka43 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Major

After the game last night there was one really telling comment from Obi in the post game interview - he said to RJ that he sees this from him every day. SO WHY THE F IS THIBS NOT PLAYING HIM MORE. Obi looked great last night - Now it is up to the Front office to figure things out - because Thibs just does not seem willing to play Obi and Randal together. One of them has to go. And by One I mean - Randle, Obi or Thibs
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (10-08-2022), FlyingArrow (10-08-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-08-2022), San Diego Flyer (10-08-2022), The Fly (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 03:41 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,595 Times in 5,091 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post

FYI - the URL for the large image is:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fegv6kAX...jpg&name=large
Is that Obi dunking on Luka Garza?

Nope, but here is such a photo:

Last edited by Fudd; 10-08-2022 at 03:44 PM..
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 07:41 PM

Thanked 17,143 Times in 5,114 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Every time Thibs says something about defense and that Obi needs to earn court time by playing good D, I roll my eyes. All the stat gurus have run the stats frontward and backward and when Obi is on the court both he and the Knicks have a better defensive efficiency than when he's not on the court. They are also much much better in offensive efficiency. Thibs doesn't have the metrics (of any kind) to back up his claims and never has -- no matter how many airballs Obi shoots.

And even if Obi was a defensive liability (and he's not over 40min), he makes up for it in spades on offense by literally handing Thibs free baskets in transition almost no one else in the NBA can produce.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-08-2022), podcast411 (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Staff Writer

Those shots that Obi tipped didn’t block themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2022, 02:30 PM
Staff Writer

Closing this thread. Please use the “Third year’s the Charm” Obi Toppin thread from now on.

Thanks!
frisco flyer (10-09-2022), Glen Clark (10-09-2022), podcast411 (10-09-2022)
Closed Thread