User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,479 Times in 757 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
I literally cant believe something so stupid was spawned from something so stupid and irrelevant. I was better off not knowing -- I gave fans more credit that way.
Our friends over at Blackburn Review are all about LOWD. They live and die by it.

BTW - none of the new renderings show our NIT banners??????
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
The real issue is the rending of the arena itself. There's no way it's accurate....

Try to find one red sweater vest in the pic....
This is an accurate statement.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
In my mind, really freaking loud to the point it's borderline lewd = lowd. It's perfect. But I do know the actual origin lies with John R as others have pointed out. Why did he stop posting here all those years ago? Was he banned for driving people here crazy? I don't remember but you've got to hand it to the guy because he is still driving people here crazy. And that in and of itself meets my definition of lowd. I say kudos to John R for his passion and for those who embrace it. If you can't find a little humor in your fandom, what's the point? We are after all, (mostly) grown men who are extremely invested in watching a bunch of kids play with an orange bouncey ball.

Last edited by DallasFlyer; 05-12-2017 at 11:58 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (05-13-2017), Glen Clark (05-14-2017), zmz723 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 04:20 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,192 Times in 539 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
A sign that says "you can't spell LOWD without UD" would be funny, otherwise, not so much.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,522 Times in 2,440 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BlueMiniS View Post
Any idea if they are selling the old seats? Did I miss a mention?
Old seats not for sale.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...yQgAFBOm8SDjL/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BlueMiniS (05-14-2017), CJ2etc (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 10:04 AM
1st Lieutenant

Pikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of light
Writing LOWD is almost, not quite, but almost as absurd as tweeting to a recruit that you "have their six."
Old 05-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
President Spina's blog about the transformation of the arena. Apparently he has embraced "LOWD".

https://www.udayton.edu/blogs/presid...s_our_home.php
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 12:15 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
They need to embrace fixing the parking nightmare. Every time i walk past that line of poor saps waiting to get on that bus in the cold i feel bad.

And they have the gall to charge people $5 to "park" in "Lot O"

Some of these people are season ticket holders. Some of these can only go to a couple games a year. Some people have to budget the money to take their families to the game.

UD basketball means so much to the community they can atleast have the decency to accomodate their fans better.

All it takes is one of the big dogs to start barking...i.e Dr. Levitt,Clay Mathile or others. Some chump whining on UDPride.com wont change anything. Some of our best and supportive fans have to ride that **** bus. Unfortunately they don't donate on top of spending for tickets and "parking" in "Lot O"

This bothered me before, but now that i know they are spending $72 million and not fixing the parking incenses me. I wish someone who had the clout (i.e money) would stand up for the fans that gather their pennies so little Johnny can go watch Kyle Davis

Last edited by BRob2Perryman3; 05-13-2017 at 12:25 PM..
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-13-2017), Dillomernda (05-13-2017), Dogdaddy (05-16-2017), jack72 (05-13-2017), mikeymo85 (05-14-2017), redbengal (05-14-2017), Sticks 'n Stearns (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Colonel

UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
They need to embrace fixing the parking nightmare. Every time i walk past that line of poor saps waiting to get on that bus in the cold i feel bad.

Some of these people are season ticket holders. Some of these can only go to a couple games a year. Some people have to budget the money to take their families to the game.

UD basketball means so much to the community they can atleast have the decency to accomodate their fans better.

All it takes is one of the big dogs to start barking...i.e Dr. Levitt,Clay Mathile or others. Some chump whining on UDPride.com wont change anything. Some of our best and supportive fans have to ride that **** bus. Unfortunately they don't donate on top of spending for tickets and "parking" in "Lot O"

This bothered me before, but now that i know they are spending $72 million and not fixing the parking incenses me. I wish someone who had the clout (i.e money) would stand up for the fans that gather their pennies so little Johnny can go watch Kyle Davis
Not to say improvements can't be made, but I've been to other arenas and pay $10 to $20 to park further away, and no shuttle, so it could be worse.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (05-13-2017), flyerfanatic86 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Not to say improvements can't be made, but I've been to other arenas and pay $10 to $20 to park further away, and no shuttle, so it could be worse.
I was totally ready to argue my point..........vehemently if needed. But you do make a good point.

I just think the Faithful deserve better and i legit feel bad for people who wait out in the freezing temps to get on that bus.

I go out of my way securing a parking pass BEFORE i get my game tickets.

It disgusts me that a few dozen a$$holes had to ruin it for everyone by counterfeiting passes. As of 10? years ago, A,B and C had passes and you paid $5 to park in D. 15 years ago parking in lot D was first come first serve in D for free.

Its a clusterf*ck and there has to be a way to fix it. Parking garages, that would have to be feasible right?

Keep in mind i know less about infastructure,engineering,politics and funding then i know about women.

The Faithful deserve better. Period

Last edited by BRob2Perryman3; 05-13-2017 at 02:40 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (05-14-2017), UDGutter2 (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 01:27 PM
General

Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,387 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
President Spina's blog about the transformation of the arena. Apparently he has embraced "LOWD".

https://www.udayton.edu/blogs/presid...s_our_home.php
So Spina's hip!

It's also a marketing opportunity. "Hey kid, wanna go to Orleans and play in front of 2,500, or come to Dayton and play in front of 14,000 LOWD?"

There's the Dog Pound, The Jungle, The Pit, Cameron Crazies.....this gives the arena & environment a feel. It's not a center piece of recruiting, but it definitely doesn't hurt.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I know the Delphi lot isn't an official option but I have seen a few people park there and walk over. Maybe UD can let Elon Musk test out his new Boring machine and make a tunnel from there to the arena.

You can also simply park on Stewart St which makes for a much easier exit than having to deal with the traffic leaving ABC&D lots
Old 05-13-2017, 02:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,545 Times in 3,692 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute

The part you left out is that there is still many empty spaces left in the arena lot, even on games that are sell outs. Twice this season I arrived late (both games were sell outs) due to my daughter having a game before the Flyers. Once I arrived at the under 16 TO, the other time around the 8 minute TO. On both occasions I did a quick count and C lot had 100 to 150 spots minimum open. The front part of D had a large area open as well, but no idea on the numbers as I was more interested in getting into the game. Fortunately I have a pass for now thanks to a friend, but who knows if I will in the future and based on past experience, absolutely no way I will park in O lot, wait on the bus in zero degree temperatures, etc...... I will spend my beer and chili cheese fries money at my local bar and watch the game on the big screen.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (05-14-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
The part you left out is that there is still many empty spaces left in the arena lot, even on games that are sell outs. Twice this season I arrived late (both games were sell outs) due to my daughter having a game before the Flyers. Once I arrived at the under 16 TO, the other time around the 8 minute TO. On both occasions I did a quick count and C lot had 100 to 150 spots minimum open. The front part of D had a large area open as well, but no idea on the numbers as I was more interested in getting into the game. Fortunately I have a pass for now thanks to a friend, but who knows if I will in the future and based on past experience, absolutely no way I will park in O lot, wait on the bus in zero degree temperatures, etc...... I will spend my beer and chili cheese fries money at my local bar and watch the game on the big screen.
LOL. You had made mention of this before and i had forgotten about it. That makes it worse. But again, another point well made.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,139 Times in 596 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Build a new football stadium so that you can knock down Welcome and use it for parking. Seems like a win/win for both sports.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (05-14-2017), WarriorPride (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 05:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by bcross View Post
Build a new football stadium so that you can knock down Welcome and use it for parking. Seems like a win/win for both sports.
The Dayton Public Schools own Welcome Stadium. They aren't going to tear it down.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
BmoreFlyer (05-22-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 09:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
There is always room for improvement but parking problems are what you get when you are big time. You know who doesn't have a parking problem - Duquesne. I parked literally across the street from the entrance at Palumbo. For free. I think there is an expectation that parking for a Flyer game should be like going to a high school game. As has been pointed out, go to other places - both college and pro and it can cost more for a spot farther away. I would bet that if you look at the top 30 NCAA attendance schools and the UD parking experience would fall somewhere in the middle.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Colonel

And then there is Nutter Center parking. Nobody there, and it is still hard to get out.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud69 (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
I am a season ticket holder in section 207. I have two tickets and no parking pass. I was hoping they would address the parking issue in the renovation. I probably will not renew. Seat license and ticket costs are not worth the shuttle bus. Games are now played at 6 on Fridays and noon on sundays. Never a Saturday night game. All because of TV. I will now keep my $2000+ and watch all the games on TV. Will buy tickets on occasion to get back to the arena. I will miss it and I know there are 100 people who will want my tickets and say stop your whining. Video (TV) killed the Radio (arena) star.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,599 Times in 3,015 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikeymo85 View Post
I am a season ticket holder in section 207. I have two tickets and no parking pass. I was hoping they would address the parking issue in the renovation. I probably will not renew. Seat license and ticket costs are not worth the shuttle bus. Games are now played at 6 on Fridays and noon on sundays. Never a Saturday night game. All because of TV. I will now keep my $2000+ and watch all the games on TV. Will buy tickets on occasion to get back to the arena. I will miss it and I know there are 100 people who will want my tickets and say stop your whining. Video (TV) killed the Radio (arena) star.
I am just curious. How can you be a lower arena season ticket holder and not have a parking pass? Were you not offered one when you purchased your tickets? Again, I am just curious. I sympathize. I have a lot C pass but I have taken the bus a few times when I have purchased extra tickets for family members and we couldn't all fit in one car. I wouldn't want to have to take the shuttle for every game.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:02 PM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
The Dayton Public Schools own Welcome Stadium. They aren't going to tear it down.
Build a new football stadium on the other side of the river, closer to campus.

Sign a 50 year lease with Dayton City Schools, $1 a year to play their two football games per week at the new stadium, as well as the couple of track meets they have every year, contingent upon bull dozing Welcome. Win win for everyone involved, since Dayton Public is so broke. Hell, I will pay the $1.

Or my other idea I have posted before, cut a deal with the city of Dayton (who is also broke and could use the $) for the city park behind C/D lots, pave it over and add an extra back entrance / exit on Cincinnati Street.

I ain't the brightest light bulb in the box, but this sure as heck isn't rocket surgery to figure out a solution.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 05-14-2017 at 01:06 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (05-15-2017), shocka43 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 01:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that charging $5 to park on the other side of the river is too much. If that was an enclosed building with heaters it could be justified. I'm sure they are trying to recover their costs of vehicles and gas but still...

You can walk at the same speed as the shuttle will deliver you. Depending upon the waiting time it might be faster to walk.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Build a new football stadium on the other side of the river, closer to campus.

Sign a 50 year lease with Dayton City Schools, $1 a year to play their two football games per week at the new stadium, as well as the couple of track meets they have every year, contingent upon bull dozing Welcome. Win win for everyone involved, since Dayton Public is so broke. Hell, I will pay the $1.

Or my other idea I have posted before, cut a deal with the city of Dayton (who is also broke and could use the $) for the city park behind C/D lots, pave it over and add an extra back entrance / exit on Cincinnati Street.

I ain't the brightest light bulb in the box, but this sure as heck isn't rocket surgery to figure out a solution.
Trying to buy the park seems like the better of the two ideas to me. I simply see no reason waste valuable land on the other side of the river closer to campus for a football stadium. If you really want a football stadium on campus you build it where Baujan currently is and share it with the soccer teams. It's not like it needs to have some huge capacity that would take up anything more than part of that parking lot near Baujan. I realize that would mean field turf which isn't ideal for the soccer teams though.

Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
You can walk at the same speed as the shuttle will deliver you. Depending upon the waiting time it might be faster to walk.
This is why I simply choose to park on Stewart St, the streets close to them, or at the Job Center like I did for a game this year when the traffic was backed up. It's really not that far to walk for most people, and you get the benefit of not having to deal with the lines of cars leaving A,B,C,&D lots.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (05-15-2017), UDBrian (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

We are after all, (mostly) grown men who are extremely invested in watching a bunch of kids play with an orange bouncey ball.[/QUOTE]

Re-phrase that:

We are after all (mostly) grown (mostly) men . . . . .
Mad Props to GoFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud69 (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Colonel

I know it's been said the seats being eliminated are in a couple of 200 sections, yet everyone I've heard of losing their seats have been in row C or lower of the 300s. Anyone know where the seats are actually being taken out?
Old 05-14-2017, 05:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of the delco lot I took my niece and some friends of hers to see a game and we passed the delco lot. If you haven't noticed there is a pretty big ditch to navigate if you don't come out of the exit on the road. On this day it snowed at least four inches. People are coming through the fence and trying to come down that ditch. Most of them were falling on their butts. I'm not the type of person who really enjoys other people suffering or struggling. But, my niece's friend is laughing and says "I could watch this all day"

The other dangerous thing about the delco lot is that there is no snow removal between the lot and UD arena. When there is significant snow people are walking on the road which is pretty stupid when it is also covered with snow.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:12 PM
General

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,047 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
I know it's been said the seats being eliminated are in a couple of 200 sections, yet everyone I've heard of losing their seats have been in row C or lower of the 300s. Anyone know where the seats are actually being taken out?

Well, mine: 303 C9
Constructing four new passages from the concourse to the concessions (2 on the East side, 2 on the West side) will eliminate seats in sections 303, 305, 310, & 312.
It seems the congestion on the concourse was the single biggest complaint registered by the recent survey participants.

UDGutter2 (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 06:40 PM

Thanked 16,976 Times in 5,076 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
If you really want a football stadium on campus you build it where Baujan currently is and share it with the soccer teams. It's not like it needs to have some huge capacity that would take up anything more than part of that parking lot near Baujan. I realize that would mean field turf which isn't ideal for the soccer teams though.
Not ideal would be an understatement. It would effectively end those programs. I believe something like 23 of the 25 teams in the last Top-25 ranking play on natural grass. Nobody plays on fieldturf for soccer other than programs that view it as a throwaway sport. And UD identified soccer (and vball) as Tier-1 sports funded and run as nationally competitive since the days of Ted Kissell.

Sharing a facility is just not an option. They just installed a brand new natural grass system at Baujan a cpl years ago anyway.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-15-2017), m21eagle45 (05-15-2017), shocka43 (05-16-2017), UACFlyer (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Well, mine: 303 C9
Constructing four new passages from the concourse to the concessions (2 on the East side, 2 on the West side) will eliminate seats in sections 303, 305, 310, & 312.
It seems the congestion on the concourse was the single biggest complaint registered by the recent survey participants.

Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 07:55 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer14 is a jewel in the roughFlyer14 is a jewel in the roughFlyer14 is a jewel in the roughFlyer14 is a jewel in the rough
I don't understand the obsession with football. We aren't D1. There's no point in building a new stadium for something people already have no interest in. I know UD has a very strong football history with Chuck Noll and John Gruden, but its glory days are in the past. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer14 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BmoreFlyer (05-22-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (05-15-2017), C-time (05-15-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 08:04 PM

Thanked 10,494 Times in 4,702 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute

This is why I simply choose to park on Stewart St, the streets close to them.......
My last game without a parking pass was a daytime game and we parked on a virtually empty side street towards Stewart. It was the first residential street that DID NOT have a sign that said " no parking for events". From there we walked faster than the traffic could move.
All good, right?

Came back and there were only 3 cars on the whole street.

My rental car was keyed about 14 inches on the curb side.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:29 PM

Thanked 4,598 Times in 2,845 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
A new FB stadium

Originally Posted by Flyer14 View Post
I don't understand the obsession with football. We aren't D1. There's no point in building a new stadium for something people already have no interest in. I know UD has a very strong football history with Chuck Noll and John Gruden, but its glory days are in the past. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.
UD just announced plans for a $70+ million renovation of the Arena for BB...men's BB being the only revenue-producing sport.

All other UD sports are subsidized,....incl, of course, football. Apparently UD decided long ago to buck the trend and keep playing Ivy-league style non-schollie FB. And, since we have been very good at it, I suppose the intent is to keep going.

At present we play in a facility that seats about 11,000....and which is only about 1/3 filled for a typical game, e.g., ~ 3500 fannies in seats. If we had a stadium seating 4000-4500, the atmosphere with those 3500 in attendance would be mighty different.

Fairfield U has a nationally ranked lacrosse team...that is one of their "Tier 1" sports. The attached link shows a video of FU's new lacrosse stadium. It seats 3500 and is beautiful...more impressive than the video. As one watches the video it's clear that the FU stadium could easily be adjusted upwards to the 4000-4500 range with no significant design change or cost.

The FU stadium, Rafferty Stadium, was built at a cost of $16 million on ground owned by the university. Construction costs in CT are higher than in OH by quite a bit. I think we could build the same thing for under $15 million. In view of the $70 million Arena upgrade, $15 million doesn't sound bad at all....the Chapel renovation was over $12 million.

Whatever, have a look at FU's stadium...it shows what a ~ 4000 seat college facility could look like. It's quite nice.

http://www.fairfieldstags.com/ViewAr...CLID=209369274

Last edited by UACFlyer; 05-14-2017 at 10:01 PM..
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (05-15-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,139 Times in 596 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
The discussion has to do building a new stadium so that we could rid of Welcome and use it for parking.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:52 AM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I am just curious. How can you be a lower arena season ticket holder and not have a parking pass? Were you not offered one when you purchased your tickets? Again, I am just curious. I sympathize. I have a lot C pass but I have taken the bus a few times when I have purchased extra tickets for family members and we couldn't all fit in one car. I wouldn't want to have to take the shuttle for every game.
Could be 4 tickets were purchased at the same time and one parking pass issued and then the tickets were split. Can't split a parking pass.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:12 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
Could be 4 tickets were purchased at the same time and one parking pass issued and then the tickets were split. Can't split a parking pass.
exactly.who ever buys my two seats from my partner, will not have a parking pass. What if my partner gives them back to the university and they sell the pair to a new person? you can bet your a** that they would get a parking pass.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute

I am one of these "saps", thank you for thinking of us.

The answer, at least for me and my family is, we leave nearly every game early. I am not standing in line for 20-30 minutes for the bus. The majority of home games last year were weeknight games, and I have to work the next day. I think there was a run of 3 or 4 straight Tuesday/Wednesday night home games, which I assume the conference does because we draw regardless of when we play at home, while we are a strong road draw only when we are at these garbage gyms on weekends.

I also have a bad back, so most of the time walking the way back is pretty uncomfortable. It also is far from ideal when it is raining or very cold, which it is fairly often. In fact, this past season I think there were only 1 or 2 games where it was uncomfortably cold waiting on the bus which was a new record for my third year of season-ticket holding.

I hate missing the ends of reasonably close games, but any that have come down to the buzzer I haven't missed. Yet.

One time our bus driver decided to exit out an alternate exit, so we had to wait behind all the car traffic to clear out instead of going out the Lot C exit like normal. We were stuck in the lot for 30 minutes on the bus after waiting in line on the bus for 15 minutes. That was solid.

I learned during year 1, I have to get to the Lot over an hour prior to tip-off, or I may miss tip-off unless I want to walk over. This year it did seem like they had more buses running, but it is what it is. It hasn't turned me off from buying season tickets yet, but as someone else mentioned if they are spending $72 million on this, would it really kill them to spend another million or so to buy some more land in the back of the lots and fix this for good. I guess they are not spending money for us, the 400-level season ticket holder. This is all about the premium experience for fans who can spend a lot of money. How can they part the wealthy fans from even more of their hard earned money? Because they probably know the nickel and diming of Joe Pinchpenny can only take them so far.

I've complained a fair bit and they are clearly not interested in "fixing" this, so at some point I either vote with my wallet or I ride the bus.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-15-2017), mikeymo85 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Lieutenant General

Neil on WHIO now until 9 am http://www.whio.com/whio-radio/listen-live/
Old 05-15-2017, 08:57 AM

Thanked 6,101 Times in 4,151 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
If a season ticket holder, who owns a seat license, gives up their seat(s), can you sell the seat license, or is that license just lost if you give up your seat(s)?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
If a season ticket holder, who owns a seat license, gives up their seat(s), can you sell the seat license, or is that license just lost if you give up your seat(s)?
It is not a license, it is a yearly required "donation" which is 80% deductible.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:20 AM

Thanked 10,096 Times in 5,841 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
UD just announced plans for a $70+ million renovation of the Arena for BB...men's BB being the only revenue-producing sport.

All other UD sports are subsidized,....incl, of course, football. Apparently UD decided long ago to buck the trend and keep playing Ivy-league style non-schollie FB. And, since we have been very good at it, I suppose the intent is to keep going.

At present we play in a facility that seats about 11,000....and which is only about 1/3 filled for a typical game, e.g., ~ 3500 fannies in seats. If we had a stadium seating 4000-4500, the atmosphere with those 3500 in attendance would be mighty different.

Fairfield U has a nationally ranked lacrosse team...that is one of their "Tier 1" sports. The attached link shows a video of FU's new lacrosse stadium. It seats 3500 and is beautiful...more impressive than the video. As one watches the video it's clear that the FU stadium could easily be adjusted upwards to the 4000-4500 range with no significant design change or cost.

The FU stadium, Rafferty Stadium, was built at a cost of $16 million on ground owned by the university. Construction costs in CT are higher than in OH by quite a bit. I think we could build the same thing for under $15 million. In view of the $70 million Arena upgrade, $15 million doesn't sound bad at all....the Chapel renovation was over $12 million.

Whatever, have a look at FU's stadium...it shows what a ~ 4000 seat college facility could look like. It's quite nice.

http://www.fairfieldstags.com/ViewAr...CLID=209369274
People keep forgetting that Welcome is not owned by UD. Would high schools want only 4,000 seats? Probably not, as it eliminates bigger game crowds and all playoff games. Where would it be built? The soccer field is not an option, as it would ruin soccer.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BmoreFlyer (05-22-2017), C-time (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
People keep forgetting that Welcome is not owned by UD. Would high schools want only 4,000 seats? Probably not, as it eliminates bigger game crowds and all playoff games. Where would it be built? The soccer field is not an option, as it would ruin soccer.
The only HS games played at Welcome that need more than 4,000 seats are playoff games. There is no way any DPS HS games even come close to that.

That said I don't see any reason to build a stadium to replace Welcome just for parking. Football already loses UD 800k a year and their is no reason to spend more money. (And whoever argues that without football UD would lose money by not having the 100 football players tuition that's a bunch of crap. UD would have no problem finding 100 normal students to take their place) If UD wants to buy something they need to try to buy that park.

What UD really needs to do is an audit of how many actual parking places they have versus how many passes are issued. It is obvious based on the number of unused spaces even at sold out games that those numbers don't match. Also the fact that Red Scare often offers free D-lot passes to encourage student attendance tells me that they do have extras.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
My last game without a parking pass was a daytime game and we parked on a virtually empty side street towards Stewart. It was the first residential street that DID NOT have a sign that said " no parking for events". From there we walked faster than the traffic could move.
All good, right?

Came back and there were only 3 cars on the whole street.

My rental car was keyed about 14 inches on the curb side.
That sucks. I almost always find a spot on Stewart St and have never had an issue in years of parking there.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
Speaking of the delco lot I took my niece and some friends of hers to see a game and we passed the delco lot. If you haven't noticed there is a pretty big ditch to navigate if you don't come out of the exit on the road. On this day it snowed at least four inches. People are coming through the fence and trying to come down that ditch. Most of them were falling on their butts. I'm not the type of person who really enjoys other people suffering or struggling. But, my niece's friend is laughing and says "I could watch this all day"

The other dangerous thing about the delco lot is that there is no snow removal between the lot and UD arena. When there is significant snow people are walking on the road which is pretty stupid when it is also covered with snow.
I have also seen people fall down that ditch. If UD could reach an agreement with the Delco lot owners it couldn't cost much to build a walkway over the ditch. And when it snows a single worker with a snowblower and a small salt spreader could take care of the sidewalk from there to the arena.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:26 AM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
People also forget that there is a neighborhood that uses that park. Is it fair to eliminate a community park so that we can be less inconvenienced 16 times a year?

How about owning/leasing the Delphi lot plus having a shuttle only entrance on Hopeland street and shuttle only path to the stadium once inside the parking lot. The shuttle competing with traffic is really the only current hardship with using the shuttle.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Lieutenant General

I was told sometime during this year that UD has approached the city to purchase the park and that the city will not sell citing the objections of the residents of the neighborhood.
I also heard last week (3rd hand) that UD is preparing an area, to be used for construction staging, that will be paved for additional parking upon the completion of the renovation.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FrankStreetFlyer (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by FrankStreetFlyer View Post
People also forget that there is a neighborhood that uses that park. Is it fair to eliminate a community park so that we can be less inconvenienced 16 times a year?

How about owning/leasing the Delphi lot plus having a shuttle only entrance on Hopeland street and shuttle only path to the stadium once inside the parking lot. The shuttle competing with traffic is really the only current hardship with using the shuttle.
You are correct about the park, but I think people are just offering up any ideas they can think of. Maybe UD could buy half the park and then build improved playgrounds, etc on the other half so the residents still have the same but new/improved facilities.

As for the Delphi lot I think the idea for a shuttle taking that route seems like a great idea for people who can't walk that far. I would still prefer to walk than wait for shuttles if UD would simply make a pathway over/through the ditch and clear the sidewalks to the arena.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 01:05 PM
Major General

priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you ever used the shuttle?
Old 05-15-2017, 01:12 PM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Yes, I have used the shuttle.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:17 PM
Major General

Yes, I have used the shuttle.
How many times?

I would highly disagree with this characterization... "The shuttle competing with traffic is really the only current hardship with using the shuttle."
Old 05-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

The shuttle only entrance and path would be an improvement.
Mad Props to mikeymo85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
Our friends over at Blackburn Review are all about LOWD. They live and die by it.

BTW - none of the new renderings show our NIT banners??????
I prefer they not hang NIT banners. I wonder if Rupp and Dean Dome hang NIT banners
Old 05-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Brigadier General

Someone stated that Football loses more the 800K a year. That's ridiculous. There is no Title IX crap to go through to simply dump football. That is 800K that could go back into the men's basketball program.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Lieutenant General

I prefer they not hang NIT banners. I wonder if Rupp and Dean Dome hang NIT banners
Kentucky only hangs Final 4 banners.

As for the renderings not showing banners people need to remember that they don't show every exact detail and it's not exactly like any of the banners UD displays currently are in a prominent location anyway besides the most recent ones that are at the bottom of the scoreboard that is being replaced.

Someone stated that Football loses more the 800K a year. That's ridiculous. There is no Title IX crap to go through to simply dump football. That is 800K that could go back into the men's basketball program.
That was me. This would be my choice too, but it still doesn't get rid of Welcome Stadium since DPS owns it so it doesn't solve the parking problem.

Edit: Here is a twitter thread where a guy has the UD athletic budget from a .gov site (not sure what year) showing the 800k loss. Thread also includes a football player whining about UD renovating the arena and doing nothing for the football team.

https://twitter.com/UDRYAN/status/863095728486404097

Last edited by C-time; 05-15-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Old 05-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
I also heard (rumor?) that a few parking spaces will be added after the remodel is done ... when the mound area near beer distributor (west side of arena) is stopped being used by Danis as staging/storage.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,277 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Football is one of the sports that has been identified as one that the university will strive to compete on a national level. Football is here to stay, get over it. It draws more fans than any other sport save men's basketball. Having a football program that costs 1M + or - with a net loss of 800K or so is a bargain. the non-scholarship program is ideal for the school, possibility(however slim) to play for a FCS National championship is there. Football program is about 5% of the athletic budget, hardly a budget buster. If you don't like the program, fine, but it's here to stay.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (05-16-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-16-2017), m21eagle45 (05-15-2017), NEOFlyer (05-16-2017), rollo (05-16-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 04:49 PM

UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Not quite

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Football is one of the sports that has been identified as one that the university will strive to compete on a national level. Football is here to stay, get over it. It draws more fans than any other sport save men's basketball. Having a football program that costs 1M + or - with a net loss of 800K or so is a bargain. the non-scholarship program is ideal for the school, possibility(however slim) to play for a FCS National championship is there. Football program is about 5% of the athletic budget, hardly a budget buster. If you don't like the program, fine, but it's here to stay.
FB may be here to stay; but it is not a sport that Kissell identified as having been selected to compete on a national level. Far from it. Kissell's five are men's/women's BB, men's/women's soccer and VB.

UD has been very good at the level chosen for FB, however.
C-time (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Lieutenant General

I think Neil has a little different view of FB. Not that UD will ever change their division or offer scholarships, but he definitley mentions it when speaking of the sports that are important to UD.
Neil has publicly stated that FB is a sport of emphasis and the expectation is that they compete for PFL Championships (thus getting an autobid for playoffs). Earlier this year he spoke of all the sports programs and listed FB immediately after the sports UAC mentioned.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (05-16-2017), rollo (05-16-2017), UD62 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Lieutenant General

I have stated many times before on here that I don't see the point of UD having football, but I also know (as you stated) that it's here to stay whether I like it or not.

And since it's here to stay I hope they simply keep playing at Welcome Stadium and UD finds other options to improve parking where the Marriot lot isn't needed anymore. Any of those options are most likely going to be less expensive than building a UD football stadium and wasting valuable land on the campus side of the river.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
FB may be here to stay; but it is not a sport that Kissell identified as having been selected to compete on a national level. Far from it. Kissell's five are men's/women's BB, men's/women's soccer and VB.

Kissell hasn't been AD in a decade. A lot has changed over that time. Pioneer League now has an AQ for the playoffs. Our OOC schedule is no longer filled with DIII schools. We compete with and beat many teams that are fully funded. Wabler and now Sullivan both seem to be more invested in football than Kissell.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,277 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute

But it is a sport that the current administration has listed as a sport that has been selected to compete on a national scale. You are correct on Kissell. but that was then.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:01 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
What UD really needs to do is an audit of how many actual parking places they have versus how many passes are issued. It is obvious based on the number of unused spaces even at sold out games that those numbers don't match.
This. Seems so simple yet they don't do it.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:43 PM

Semantics

But it is a sport that the current administration has listed as a sport that has been selected to compete on a national scale. You are correct on Kissell. but that was then.
Although Kissell is gone I'll bet Neil would confirm the meaning of Ted's strategy for UD athletics. When Ted identified M/W BB and soccer and VB as our "Tier 1" sports, so to speak, he meant that those sports would be funded and emphasized so as to be able to compete for national championships. That means expectations for those five include regular participation in the NCAAs against the top Div 1 programs in the country.

In football programs identified like that incl tOSU, ND, et al., not Drake, San Diego etc.

That does not mean that baseball, softball, football, etc., are unimportant. Indeed, we have excellent facilities for essentially all sports. But, the Tier 1 sports are fully supported as regards scholarships, for example, whereas the others mentioned are not.

Ted was the first AD in UD history to map out and implement a strategy for athletics. While he is gone, his successors have followed his blue print.

As regards football, I heard Ted say that the only models that have a "chance" to make any sense financially are the top tier Div 1 (now FBS) level and the non scholarship level (FCS non schollie, Div III). Other models are guaranteed money losers, big time,....a well known fact is that many of the FBS programs lose bundles as well.

To be able to consistently field a FB team that is close competitively to the legacy Ivies for as little as ~$1 million is no small trick. And average attendance of about 3500
in a suitably-sized facility would be a very nice atmospheric, indeed. That same crowd in an 11,000 seat facility is of an atmosphere similar to Temple playing before 20,000 in 70,000 seat Lincoln Financial Field, for example.

I'm not at all lobbying for a new FB stadium...merely stating the obvious. (Sure would fit nicely on the Fairgrounds property though, wouldn't it?)
skip69 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Lieutenant General

I'm not at all lobbying for a new FB stadium...merely stating the obvious. (Sure would fit nicely on the Fairgrounds property though, wouldn't it?)
Come on UAC. You and I both know UD and MVH are not going to waste the fairgrounds land on a football stadium.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:29 PM
General

Thanked 3,896 Times in 2,140 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Stadium isn't that bad
Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Back to stadium upgrades, does anyone know if the east AND west wings will be glass enclosed? I've only seen renderings showing one side with glass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to FlyerinChicago For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 07:19 AM
Major General

What UD really needs to do is an audit of how many actual parking places they have versus how many passes are issued. It is obvious based on the number of unused spaces even at sold out games that those numbers don't match. Also the fact that Red Scare often offers free D-lot passes to encourage student attendance tells me that they do have extras.
Seemed like they might be going down that path with the "tearoffs" at the bottom of the parking passes. But I don't think anything is happening with those tearoffs, and I don't think that's very practical to do any kind of audit. Think the tearoffs were just to make it harder to counterfeit the passes... but even so, I doubt the parking staff are doing any kind of vetting of passes.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:31 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Seemed like they might be going down that path with the "tearoffs" at the bottom of the parking passes. But I don't think anything is happening with those tearoffs, and I don't think that's very practical to do any kind of audit. Think the tearoffs were just to make it harder to counterfeit the passes... but even so, I doubt the parking staff are doing any kind of vetting of passes.
They caught a counterfeiter this season through the use of the tear offs. So they certainly are looking at them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post

Tear offs are useless, on more than one occasion in C lot they would just wave a bunch of cars through when traffic back ups were the worse.

It is much simpler to drive through the two (that I know of) empty areas in the lot just before halftime and count empty spots, the old fashioned way.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
They caught a counterfeiter this season through the use of the tear offs. So they certainly are looking at them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats awesome. I hope if they are a season tix holder they revoke their tix. Drop the hammer on those people. They are responsible for this parking mess.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Thats awesome. I hope if they are a season tix holder they revoke their tix. Drop the hammer on those people. They are responsible for this parking mess.
https://twitter.com/aktschuor/status/834193886193020928

https://twitter.com/aktschuor/status/834194376331034625
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by THirt; 05-16-2017 at 07:50 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-16-2017), mikeymo85 (05-16-2017), runnerup (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Major General

Thanks for the info guys. Don't want to make this the "complain about parking in Lot O" thread, but I didn't know they were doing anything like that.

Seems labor intensive and not very efficient, but at least they are trying to do something.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:51 AM

Thanked 15,823 Times in 6,961 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
'B' lot is the absolute WRONG place to be making fake parking passes. The rich and famous amongst us won't tolerate the common folk infiltrating their borders.
C-time (05-16-2017), mikeymo85 (05-16-2017), shocka43 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

if they are counting the parking stubs and there are "many" spots open even during sell outs,
WTF?
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:51 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope they do an audit of the cash for the parking too.

That should not be hard to do, just multiply the cost times the number of cars. Right?

A friend, who was a UD grad, of a friend, told me that he was pocketing some of that money when he was working as a parking attendant. That is a real, real scummy thing to do IMO.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
If you look closely at the thread it's not like UD really caught Richard(Dick) Cummings. The name, barcode, & account # were all faked as Adam Tschuor admitted in the thread, and he also said they only scan them after the fact. So do they tell the parking attendants to look for Dick Cummings on every pass so they can catch the culprit? That won't happen and even if they do Dick Cummings can just start changing the name and account # on the pass for every game.

I'm pretty sure Ben Dover, Mike Litoris, Dick Champion, Joe King, and their cousins will show at some games too.

The only way to actually catch the people making the fake passes is to scan every single pass upon entry just like they scan your ticket to go into the game. That would be an absolute nightmare.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

even with the fake passes there are "many" empty spaces.
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 10:54 AM

Or just equip, anybody who is handling cash, with a handheld parking receipt printer. That would make audits much, much easier by leaving a paper trail.

I do not think that would slow things down, people already have to stop and pay to begin with.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't need a B lot pass with all the elites. Make their passes holograms. Just SELL me a D lot pass.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 AM

Or just equip, anybody who is handling cash, with a handheld parking receipt printer. That would make audits much, much easier by leaving a paper trail.

I do not think that would slow things down, people already have to stop and pay to begin with.
At what lot(s) do people stop and pay?
Old 05-16-2017, 11:51 AM
1st Lieutenant

UD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikeymo85 View Post
I don't need a B lot pass with all the elites. Make their passes holograms. Just SELL me a D lot pass.
All of the talk of the "Elite's" is very tiring. I have taught my kids to never envy anyone. If some one has more than them, I want my kids to understand that generally they or someone before them worked hard for it. I teach them not to begrudge anyone for what they have, or look down upon anyone for what they do not have. Life is full of decisions.

For better or worse, the reality is that those "elite's" pay not all, but a lot of the "freight" through donations, ticket costs, and seat licenses. Without "them" - there would have not been a top 10 salary offer to Archie.

If you do not like your station in life, do something about it, but don't begrudge anyone...it is not very manly in my opinion.

Last edited by UD_Earl; 05-16-2017 at 12:10 PM..
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD_Earl For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-16-2017), Figgie123 (05-16-2017), jack72 (05-16-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-16-2017), rollo (05-16-2017), Townie (05-16-2017), UD62 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
At what lot(s) do people stop and pay?
First Four games now IINM...The regular season games IINM used to feature at least some cash parking a while ago...I assume that was when the friend of a friend, that I was referring to, was doing the stealing of the parking money.

https://daytonhoopla.com/tickets/parking/

During the NCAA Tournament First Four, all parking lots are either pass only ($10.00 each night, or $15.00 for a two-night pass) or cash only ($10.00) on the day of the game. To secure a parking pass in these lots, you must do so on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the University of Dayton ProSoure Ticket Office for a list of all available locations around UD Arena – by calling (937) 229-4433 or via email to FlyerTickets@udayton.edu.

Last edited by ud2; 05-16-2017 at 12:48 PM..
Old 05-16-2017, 12:50 PM

First Four games now...The regular season games IINM used to feature at least some cash parking a while ago...I assume that was when the friend of a friend, that I was referring to, was doing the stealing of the parking money.
Ok. I didn't think there was any cash parking for regular season games. The First Four is a completely different scenario. I think the complaints are about regular season games.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:53 PM
General

Thanked 5,386 Times in 2,348 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
They just installed a brand new natural grass system at Baujan a cpl years ago anyway.
What, exactly, is a natural grass "system"? Seed + water + dirt + sun?

Tear offs are useless, on more than one occasion in C lot they would just wave a bunch of cars through when traffic back ups were the worse.
The IRS audits far less than 5% of tax returns, yet everyone is scared to death of being audited.

Still think it's useless unless you tear off every last ticket stub? I think not.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

i think they take cash at the shuttle lot.
CE80 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 01:27 PM

Thanked 9,769 Times in 4,050 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
If you look closely at the thread it's not like UD really caught Richard(Dick) Cummings. The name, barcode, & account # were all faked as Adam Tschuor admitted in the thread, and he also said they only scan them after the fact. So do they tell the parking attendants to look for Dick Cummings on every pass so they can catch the culprit? That won't happen and even if they do Dick Cummings can just start changing the name and account # on the pass for every game.

I'm pretty sure Ben Dover, Mike Litoris, Dick Champion, Joe King, and their cousins will show at some games too.

The only way to actually catch the people making the fake passes is to scan every single pass upon entry just like they scan your ticket to go into the game. That would be an absolute nightmare.
Peter Fitzwell and his buddy Phil McCrevise were using fake passes all season.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (05-16-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 01:34 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Don't forget about Mike Hunt.
CE80 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 01:58 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Don't forget about Mike Hunt.
Sorry for deviating from the topic but do men ever grow up? Is it all men (very much including me) or only some? Seriously, I'll turn 59 this year and when I get together with my UD friends these types of names and such are said all the time, Every year at our fantasy football draft it is just as bad. Will it stop when I turn 60? 70? 80?
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MikeF (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by UD_Earl View Post
All of the talk of the "Elite's" is very tiring. I have taught my kids to never envy anyone. If some one has more than them, I want my kids to understand that generally they or someone before them worked hard for it. I teach them not to begrudge anyone for what they have, or look down upon anyone for what they do not have. Life is full of decisions.

For better or worse, the reality is that those "elite's" pay not all, but a lot of the "freight" through donations, ticket costs, and seat licenses. Without "them" - there would have not been a top 10 salary offer to Archie.

If you do not like your station in life, do something about it, but don't begrudge anyone...it is not very manly in my opinion.
you are barking up the wrong tree with me. I never said the elites didn't deserve their B lot spaces. our seats come with a B lot pass, I just don't get to use it. all I'm saying is if there are "many" spaces available in D lot, I will buy one.
I do not get my panties twisted easily, but there was no reason to question my manliness.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,290 Times in 1,310 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
There's a guy that lives near me in New England, by the name of Richard Hurtz from Holden, Mass., that went to a few games this year and used a fake pass
Old 05-16-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Sorry for deviating from the topic but do men ever grow up?
You mean we shouldn't think this is funny?

Last edited by rollo; 05-16-2017 at 02:42 PM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:22 PM

Do you find these even remotely funny?

Me, neither.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:45 PM
General of the Air Force

Seriously guys, grow up and get back on topic.

By the way, I just farted!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
My friend Lou Sassol thinks these are funny
Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 05-16-2017, 02:59 PM
General of the Air Force

I think Dandy Dan just smiled.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Just pull into the lot and whisper you are The Great Ray Harper. I guarantee you'll get to park anywhere you darn please.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (05-16-2017), mikeymo85 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 03:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ready Action View Post
Just pull into the lot and whisper you are The Great Ray Harper. I guarantee you'll get to park anywhere you darn please.
That won't work. Everybody knows Ray takes a helicopter to games and lands at Welcome Stadium.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Colonel

That won't work. Everybody knows Ray takes a helicopter to games and lands at Welcome Stadium.
And then takes the secret underground tunnel built just for him.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:41 PM
Colonel

And then takes the secret underground tunnel built just for him.
Just gave myself an idea, a secret undreground/river tunnel from O lot to the Arena.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:01 PM

Just gave myself an idea, a secret underground/river tunnel from O lot to the Arena.
El Chapo has some guys who could build that for you.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 05:08 PM
Brigadier General

DAMMIT. I had my Ray Harper joke in the chamber and had visions of everyone heartily chuckling at my joke and i was beaten to the punch.............
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-16-2017), Ready Action (05-18-2017)