UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,916 Times in 6,997 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
REEEEEEE-Jected

My favorite play(s) last night had nothing to do with the dunks and high arcing 3's. It has to do with the determination and tenacity that our defense shows when trailing anyone who thinks they have a break away lay-up.

London and Marcus had some absolutely incredible rejections from behind - even though Marcus' was called goaltending, it was still unbelievable. And the block that Wright had in the 2nd half where he pinned and stole the lay-up out of the air and turned it into a Flyer fast break was awesome.

Trailing the play, you could see in Wright's eyes as soon as he got inside the 3-point line that he was going to reject that shot. And you could tell the shooter had no idea Wright was in perfect position despite being 5 steps behind.

There's no such thing as a gimme lay-up with these guys on the court.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. Also, not sure who the official scorekeeper is, but CW had alot more than 3 blocks.I counted 5-6 in the 1st half. Anyone else see this?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:23 AM
1st Lieutenant

bosoxrule is an unknown quantity at this point
I was about to post the same thing Steve. I thought for a second he might end up getting a triple double with the way he was playing. I thought he had 3 blocks on one Mercer possesion. They should go back and watch that tape and get the number right. We saw flashes of this kind of D last year when Marcus or London swatted potential layups against the backboard, but the team has stepped it up to another level this year.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
I agree. A buddy called me at halftime and I told him that Chris "Flight" had at least 5 blocks. When Bucky was giving the official stats after the game he remarked that 3 blocks was wrong. As a team I think the Flyers had about 10.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Rollo:

The best part of that awesome CW block was that as the play developed in the back court and Mercer headed towards their hoop Bucky calmly said "watch this block." The Buckster knew what was coming, as did most of us. Unfortunately for the Bears, they were the only ones in the buillding who didn't--but they found out.
General

Thanked 5,463 Times in 2,388 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I sat next to a guy who has not followed the Flyers. At 3 different times during a fast break, Mercer cross 1/2 court with an apparent breakaway layup. I leaned over to the guy next to me each time and said "no chance he scores, this is getting swatted". He kept saying, "how did you know that would happen???"
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,198 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Our "D' is tenacious! The kids have really bought into the system of playing all out D. It certainly seems they ENJOY playing D. Hats off to BG for getting them to play this way.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I sat next to a guy who has not followed the Flyers. At 3 different times during a fast break, Mercer cross 1/2 court with an apparent breakaway layup. I leaned over to the guy next to me each time and said "no chance he scores, this is getting swatted". He kept saying, "how did you know that would happen???"
Too funny!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,619 Times in 5,098 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Oh bejezus! Those fast break blocks were awesome. They absolutely electrified the crowd. Both Wright and London Warren made up about 30 feet from the time of the steal until they swatted those shots out of the air. Their straight line speed and insane hops make them a terror in the open floor.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,916 Times in 6,997 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
On the Chris Wright block, he was coming right at me. As soon as he crossed midcourt he got his steps and timing down and once inside the 3-point line his eyes grew as he bit down on his lower lip . There was no doubt what he had in mind.....!!!!!