Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 03:52 AM
Colonel

ClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant future
New Uniforms (On Sale Yet?)

I'm sure the new uniforms have been discussed already, but I have to say, I think they look really nice. I especially like the shorts. Does anyone know if they're selling them yet, and if so, where can they be found? I looked online and couldn't find anything, anyone seen anything on campus or at the Arena?
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClevelandFlyer05 View Post
I'm sure the new uniforms have been discussed already, but I have to say, I think they look really nice. I especially like the shorts. Does anyone know if they're selling them yet, and if so, where can they be found? I looked online and couldn't find anything, anyone seen anything on campus or at the Arena?
Replica Jerseys and Shorts will be available online, at the arena and the store on Brown St. around the 21st of November. They will be the home white jerseys.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Colonel

Levelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud of
I wish they would sell the away jerseys - white just doesn't appeal to me. Now RED and i'd buy it in a heart beat....
Mad Props to Levelbest For This Totally Excellent Post:
John R (11-15-2008)
Old 11-15-2008, 11:49 AM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Count be out.

Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
Replica Jerseys and Shorts will be available online, at the arena and the store on Brown St. around the 21st of November. They will be the home white jerseys.
No Red.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Colonel

ClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant future
Thanks! As long as they're priced reasonably I'm going to try to get a pair of those shorts!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Just off the Jet

STL Flyers is on a distinguished road
Will they finally be the real deal replica shorts from Nike? I am tired of not being able to purchase Dayton Basketball shorts that aren't shimmery knock offs.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by STL Flyers View Post
Will they finally be the real deal replica shorts from Nike? I am tired of not being able to purchase Dayton Basketball shorts that aren't shimmery knock offs.
I agree, I would like to see actual replica shorts.

Last edited by Browns; 11-16-2008 at 02:34 AM..
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Major

allflyernamesaregone
They weren't the actual Nike shorts, but I know Korporate Kasuals had closer to the real thing away shorts last year.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Colonel

Great point. I won't buy them if they're not the Nike version. The University (as a whole) has some terrible clothing deals. Why can't we get some basic Champion t-shirts like other schools? It's like they've signed a lifetime deal with the devil with the terrible "Gear for Sports" company.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Colonel

Flyer1407 is infamous around these parts
Great point. I won't buy them if they're not the Nike version. The University (as a whole) has some terrible clothing deals. Why can't we get some basic Champion t-shirts like other schools? It's like they've signed a lifetime deal with the devil with the terrible "Gear for Sports" company.
What are you referring to? You can buy Ashworth pullovers and sweaters, Tommy Hilfiger turtlenecks, Nike pullovers and golf shirts, Under Armour t-shirts and shorts, Nike sweatshirts. The only thing Nike you can't buy is the jersey and shorts. Dayton has a better apparel selection than a lot of schools.
Mad Props to Flyer1407 For This Totally Excellent Post:
John R (11-16-2008)
Old 11-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
Straight from the source

Always good to hear things from those who know what they are talking about. What can a girl do to get someone to sell "UD" lapel/hat pins. I emailed the student enterprise people, but no response yet. I think they would sell fantasticly. If you ever get any, let me know!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Flyer1407 View Post
What are you referring to? You can buy Ashworth pullovers and sweaters, Tommy Hilfiger turtlenecks, Nike pullovers and golf shirts, Under Armour t-shirts and shorts, Nike sweatshirts. The only thing Nike you can't buy is the jersey and shorts. Dayton has a better apparel selection than a lot of schools.
I'm talking about basic t-shirts and sweatshirts, not necessarily the apparel that you're talking about. Seems every time I look they always only have them in the "Gear"brand. I'd like to see more Nike and Champion tees and sweats. Admittedly I'm kind of picky about that kind of thing, though.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Just off the Jet

STL Flyers is on a distinguished road
I'm talking about basic t-shirts and sweatshirts, not necessarily the apparel that you're talking about. Seems every time I look they always only have them in the "Gear"brand. I'd like to see more Nike and Champion tees and sweats. Admittedly I'm kind of picky about that kind of thing, though.
I understand there are a few name brand items available. A Tommy Hilfiger turtleneck isn't exactly something that would make me say good athletic gear availability. It only makes sense with the Nike contract that we get the replica shorts made available. I will check out the version Korporate Kasuals has, as long as they are better than the ones the bookstore carries I may jump in.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of apparel, why doesn't the university sell Red Scare T shirts for $10. Kids would buy a lot of those.

We asked whether the warmups would be available and found out that they were a special order item not available to the public
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
2nd Lieutenant

UncreativeCommuter is infamous around these partsUncreativeCommuter is infamous around these partsUncreativeCommuter is infamous around these parts
Please. Don't. Buying those ugly uniforms will only make the university think having them is a good idea. They're a monstrosity. The shorts are fine, but the no-trimmed top (except for the random shoulder stripe that doesn't go anywhere) is awful.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by UncreativeCommuter View Post
Please. Don't. Buying those ugly uniforms will only make the university think having them is a good idea. They're a monstrosity. The shorts are fine, but the no-trimmed top (except for the random shoulder stripe that doesn't go anywhere) is awful.
Too plain for ya? I actually like them, though I wish the tops had more going on with them. However I really like the checkered design. The white throwbacks they wore last year had that type of a design and those were pretty cool, too.

Just let me buy a pair of those shorts and then they can do whatever they want with the unis next year and beyond!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Colonel

I guess the jerseys/shorts aren't online yet. Anyone seen them on sale in the stores?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:51 AM
1st Lieutenant

mlekan will become famous soon enoughmlekan will become famous soon enough
Nike won't deal with UD and/or Korporate Kasuals for merchandising. The Flyers are not exactly UNC when it comes to moving product - so despite my pleas, and repeated requests by Korporate Kasuals, Nike simply will not produce much product. They put out few basic items for the coaches gear, and KK buys extra from that to sell, but until the Flyers get to Gonzaga or Xavier levels of success, we are stuck with non-name-brand.

Regarding the new team unis (this has been published in a few places) they are Nike's "System of Dress" line, which about a quarter of Division I schools are now wearing (see Syracuse, OSU, et al). Don't expect to see these replicas any time soon.

The replica unis from the past have been decent, if not Nike. If you really want the road red shorts, just keep pressing the guy at KK - he did get them the past couple years.