User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 5,644 Times in 2,259 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Obi went 0-1 and grabbed 3 boards in 10 minutes in a come from behind W over the Celts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2022, 09:49 AM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Julius Randle sick of Knicks fans booing him & gives them thumbs down. This same act didn't work out too well for the Mets players with the New York fans last season.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Ready Action; 01-07-2022 at 09:51 AM..
Old 01-08-2022, 08:02 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Knicks/Celts rematch is on NBA-TV at 7:30 pm tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2022, 10:37 PM
Staff Writer

Obi had what can best be described as a really sh*tty night. 0-3 in nine minutes with 2 boards and he had a couple of shot attempts swatted. Evan Fournier who torched the Cs the other night was unavailable and it showed as the NYK got trounced.

Boys and girls, I'm afraid our guy's minutes have regressed to last year's level, which is to say he will be utilized as a backup for Jules and nothing more.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:41 PM
Captain

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Obi had what can best be described as a really sh*tty night. 0-3 in nine minutes with 2 boards and he had a couple of shot attempts swatted. Evan Fournier who torched the Cs the other night was unavailable and it showed as the NYK got trounced.

Boys and girls, I'm afraid our guy's minutes have regressed to last year's level, which is to say he will be utilized as a backup for Jules and nothing more.
Obi seemed to be lacking his normal go go go energy tonight. I have not seen him that lack luster with energy - well ever. Think maybe Thibs said to him - you are going to get 9 to 10 minutes max a night here on out? Something seems to have Obi looking down out there. Getting pretty depressing watching the last few games. But seems Thibs is determined come hell or high water not to use Obi.
Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 10:45 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,849 Times in 1,553 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Knicks were pathetic tonight.
Sad to see what is happening to Obi. I agree that he appears discouraged

Obi is a different player when Derrick Rose plays. No one else on the Knicks ever looks for him. And that won’t happen again for a while.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:36 PM
General

Thanked 3,993 Times in 2,089 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
The theory is that Thibs wasn't happy with the pick and is now "punishing" Obi (or rather, punishing the front office) by not playing and stunting the young star. The problem with the theory is that it implies that Thibs is literally sabotaging his own team.

Sounds crazy until you watch a few games.
Not a fan of the NBA of today, other than Golden State, because of the way I’ve seen them run their offense. For that reason, I can’t stomach watching Knicks games for 2 hours, just to hope to catch the 10-12 minutes that Thibs consents to play Obi. Not saying that Obi is the next Kevin Durant. Just saying I can’t see him ever reaching his potential in Thibs’ “system”.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2022, 08:01 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 4,406 Times in 2,011 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute

I think this was his first bad game this year. I’m not sure anyone else on the Knicks can say that. I remember 2 other games that were below par but not terrible. I think Rose being out and the fact he gets stonewalled by Thibs at every turn is taking its toll. I don’t know if Obi should be starting, but he deserves more minutes. The last game he started, he played both the 4 and the 5 and had his best game. As much as he loves NY...his best hope right now is to be traded.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
keats '91 (01-09-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 11:11 PM
General

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
I think this was his first bad game this year. I’m not sure anyone else on the Knicks can say that. I remember 2 other games that were below par but not terrible. I think Rose being out and the fact he gets stonewalled by Thibs at every turn is taking its toll. I don’t know if Obi should be starting, but he deserves more minutes. The last game he started, he played both the 4 and the 5 and had his best game. As much as he loves NY...his best hope right now is to be traded.
Obi could be a really good fit in a place like San Antonio (where Pop has proven that he knows how to use the talent provided to him).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2022, 11:28 PM

Thanked 15,105 Times in 4,377 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Every time Obi runs to the coffin corner and stands, a kitten dies. With no Rose or Kemba, even the hint of a baseline backdoor lob is no bueno.

C. M. Rieman | Publisher | 937.361.4630 | Get the latest here:

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-10-2022), Fudd (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 11:05 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,088 Times in 510 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Every time Obi runs to the coffin corner and stands, a kitten dies. With no Rose or Kemba, even the hint of a baseline backdoor lob is no bueno.
I watched the great movie, "Its a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart last week and I think if Obi would be so fortunate to get traded, instead of a kitten dying when he went to the corner he would be free to run anywhere and the new quote would be, "every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings!"
Old 01-10-2022, 11:11 AM

Thanked 8,698 Times in 4,166 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I get that Obi is not such a special player that an NBA team would change their scheme to fit him, but he does not fit the Knicks scheme, IMO. I agree that every time he is sent to the corner to wait on a pass, a kitten is set on fire. He just needs to be in a different scheme to be successful. The more he moves on offense, the better he is. I think he would be a completely different player on a team that has a motion offense and allows him to continuously move. Does that exist in the NBA? I have not watched enough NBA games to know.

Last edited by Fudd; 01-10-2022 at 11:16 AM..
Old 01-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,096 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Add Quickley to that list. He has good chemistry with Obi as well.

Thibs needs to go.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (01-11-2022), rollo (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 02:38 PM

SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I get that Obi is not such a special player that an NBA team would change their scheme to fit him, but he does not fit the Knicks scheme, IMO. I agree that every time he is sent to the corner to wait on a pass, a kitten is set on fire. He just needs to be in a different scheme to be successful. The more he moves on offense, the better he is. I think he would be a completely different player on a team that has a motion offense and allows him to continuously move. Does that exist in the NBA? I have not watched enough NBA games to know.
Yes, that exists in the NBA. Look at the teams at the top, like Golden State.

Look at the stats for teams that have more assists than the Knicks (which is almost everybody in the league) and you see why Obi does not fit.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:40 PM
Staff Writer

From The Knicks Wall:: Obi Toppin is more than lobs and breakaway dunks:

https://theknickswall.com/obi-toppin...eakaway-dunks/
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
46 Chambers Alumni (01-17-2022), FlyingArrow (01-11-2022), MrFlyerFanatic (01-11-2022), Runnin' Rebel (01-10-2022), UDEE79 (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 09:27 PM
Staff Writer

Obi got 7 2Q minutes and tallied 2 points and a pair of boards. His one hoop on an oop from Quickley:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...11732565790721

On a night where Randle was 1-7 and had scored 2 points thus far, #1 got three minutes in the 4Q.

Three.

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 01-10-2022 at 10:28 PM..
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (01-11-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:56 PM
Captain

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
So obi played less than 3 minutes in the 4th quarter and gets yanked for no reason at all. Obi was clearly miffed. And it was not like Randle was having a good night. He only had 2 pts at that point. With 3 minutes left in the quarter and time to empty the benches Obi was handed a mop and told to go back in. He had some nice revenge on Thibs however - with two highlight dunks that got the garden to their feet. Obi may not ever win over Thibs - but he clearly has won over the Garden.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (01-11-2022), San Diego Flyer (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:59 PM
General

It’s almost like Thibs is daring the Knicks’ brass to fire him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2022, 11:01 PM
Staff Writer

Video of said dunks:

https://twitter.com/KnicksMSGN/statu...30934466994179

https://twitter.com/KnicksMSGN/statu...33014846021634
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (01-11-2022), longtimefan67 (01-11-2022), Radar (01-11-2022), San Diego Flyer (01-10-2022), UDEE79 (01-11-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 11:39 PM
Colonel

Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
So obi played less than 3 minutes in the 4th quarter and gets yanked for no reason at all. Obi was clearly miffed. And it was not like Randle was having a good night. He only had 2 pts at that point. With 3 minutes left in the quarter and time to empty the benches Obi was handed a mop and told to go back in. He had some nice revenge on Thibs however - with two highlight dunks that got the garden to their feet. Obi may not ever win over Thibs - but he clearly has won over the Garden.
One possible positive, that isn't likely isn't a positive to Obi, is that if the relationship gets strained enough, Obi will likely look to leave NY sooner than he otherwise might have.

I think worse than the 10-12 minutes he gets now would be to get 15-20 a night but play for a horrible organization and coach.

I am betting Obi thought his dream was to play for the Knicks as long as they'd have him. I am betting that has changed. I'd love him to be a solid contributor for a really good 'team'.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:44 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,357 Times in 679 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
It’s almost like Thibs is daring the Knicks’ brass to fire him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Almost?
Old 01-11-2022, 11:48 AM

Thanked 1,588 Times in 805 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
From The Knicks Wall:: Obi Toppin is more than lobs and breakaway dunks:

https://theknickswall.com/obi-toppin...eakaway-dunks/
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice article on Obi. Why the small potatoes cheap shot at UD? He came to UD and the coaching staff built him into the player he became. Why not credit the program and just say the coaches did a fine job and he'll be a good pro eventually. Not to mention, UD has faired very well against the P5 conferences. One of the best players, if not the best, came out of Davidson. Perhaps just acknowledge that more teams than Duke, Kansas etc play the game and play it very well.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (01-11-2022), Justin (01-11-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (01-11-2022), longtimefan (01-11-2022), The Fly (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
Nice article on Obi. Why the small potatoes cheap shot at UD? He came to UD and the coaching staff built him into the player he became. Why not credit the program and just say the coaches did a fine job and he'll be a good pro eventually. Not to mention, UD has faired very well against the P5 conferences. One of the best players, if not the best, came out of Davidson. Perhaps just acknowledge that more teams than Duke, Kansas etc play the game and play it very well.
I guess he could have said “mid major” instead of “small” to describe the size our potato.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to 312to937 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (01-11-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 12:25 PM

Thanked 14,751 Times in 6,553 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Trade deadline is February 10th.
Julius Randall has a trade restriction that expires Feb 3rd. Will that 'thumbs down' reaction to the crowd booing him last week force a move...probably not.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:44 PM
Staff Writer

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Julius Randall has a trade restriction that expires Feb 3rd. Will that 'thumbs down' reaction to the crowd booing him last week force a move...probably not.
Yeah, I wouldn't bet on that. The NYK weakness is at PG with Jalen Rose injured, IQ more interested in launching threes and Kemba Walker being a defensive liability.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:15 PM
Staff Writer

Trade rumor from Heavy.com (where UD grad Steve Bulpett will soon be covering the NBA) involving Obi coming to the Detroit Pistons in a package for Jerami Grant:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-kn...rade-proposal/
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-12-2022), Flyer 86 (01-13-2022), rollo (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 09:30 PM
Staff Writer

Obi gets 5 minutes and is a member of Club Trillion--zeroes all the way across the box score.

The game is on ESPN is you want to tune in for more of the same at the start of the 4Q.

Obi got to watch RJ Barrett throw one down: https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...53905946939394

Then missed a dunk of his own. Then he sat down after 4 minutes...in a NYK blowout. He came back in with a minute and change remaining and finally did something of consequence:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...60061264179201

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 01-12-2022 at 10:56 PM..
Old 01-12-2022, 11:43 PM
General

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Almost?
Well, I don’t watch any of the games, so I didn’t want to make too conclusive of an observation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2022, 08:11 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Just under 30 days to the Feb 10th trade deadline. I watched a little of the Knicks v Mavs game last night. Obi did not appear to be his normal high-energy self. He seems deflated. Works is rear end off and was playing very well a couple weeks ago. Really contributing from the bench. It doesn’t appear to matter and maybe a trade is exactly what would be best for him. He will hate leaving NY, but his skill sets and style of play just does not appear to be something Thibs wants to use and work into the offense. A lot of standing in the corner last night. Trades are part of the business. Hopefully a better opportunity will come out of this sooner rather than later.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:50 AM
Colonel

Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Just under 30 days to the Feb 10th trade deadline. I watched a little of the Knicks v Mavs game last night. Obi did not appear to be his normal high-energy self. He seems deflated. Works is rear end off and was playing very well a couple weeks ago. Really contributing from the bench. It doesn’t appear to matter and maybe a trade is exactly what would be best for him. He will hate leaving NY, but his skill sets and style of play just does not appear to be something Thibs wants to use and work into the offense. A lot of standing in the corner last night. Trades are part of the business. Hopefully a better opportunity will come out of this sooner rather than later.
In the first half, I saw him fight to be wide open for a pass or oop and not even a look. He then proceeded to go into the corner and stood there with his hands on his hips, looking deflated or disgusted. He did the same in the second half but it was a bit after he missed his dunk.

I agree, he looks spent trying to earn his time.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-13-2022), SeasonTicketFan (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 10:40 AM

Thanked 10,190 Times in 4,559 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Obi gets 5 minutes and is a member of Club Trillion--zeroes all the way across the box score.

I can't help but believe that Obi knows something, and it is more fact than rumor.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:47 AM
General

Thanked 3,655 Times in 1,791 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Swampy, to be part of club trillion, you can't have played more than 1 min. So your box score looks like a 1 followed by all zeros.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:09 AM

Thanked 1,118 Times in 694 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Trade deadline approaching in under 30 days. Obi name will be attached, realistically or not, to many, many trade possibilities.

If knicks do not move Randle (or to lesser degree Robinson), it's very likely in Obi's interest to get moved out of the Knicks org.

Playing time has gotten worse since Randle returned . If Obi had gotten drafted last year by Cleveland, Chicago, Golden St or couple of others he , IMHO, would be doing better, playing more. Cleveland really would have been a Home run!
Old 01-13-2022, 11:35 AM

I watched game last night. Knicks played well. Barrett is on a role.
Knicks were also lucky as Mavs clanked a ton of open 3-point shots.

I feel really bad for Obi. He plays two positions, end of the bench and decoy in the corner.

I don't see Knicks trading Randle. He is Thibs' guy. Knicks do need another Rose type player at guard. I am skeptical of Cleveland as a destination. Their front line is very tall and suddenly very good. They needed a guard and just picked up Rondo.

NBA is not as fun to watch as college and the Knicks are especially difficult to watch.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:59 AM
Captain

chicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud of
The reality with the Knicks is when healthy at the 4 & 5 spots there aren't minutes for Obi, which is painful for us Flyer Faithful. They have Randle, Gibson, Robinson, Noel, and Sims all playing the same position(s). Plus the Knicks are a shoot first - pass second offense which doesn't bode well for Obi. I am looking forward to seeing where he ends up post-trade deadline and just hope it's on a team that can use his skill set.
Mad Props to chicago92 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 12:56 PM
1st Lieutenant

KC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the rough
Knicks just traded for Cam Reddish. This will not help in PT for Obi.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:41 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,816 Times in 803 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KC Flyer View Post
Knicks just traded for Cam Reddish. This will not help in PT for Obi.
This is a really bad sign for Obi; i see him relegated to third string- i was hoping the Knicks might trade him
Old 01-13-2022, 02:09 PM
Staff Writer

I don’t think this will change things much. Both Reddish and Knox have been busts. Kevin Knox was stapled to the NYK bench. Reddish is more of a 3 and Obi a 4/5 so they shouldn’t complete for minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2022, 03:54 PM

Thanked 1,118 Times in 694 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
All depends on more trades to come. I highly doubt the Knicks and Hawks are done!
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 04:23 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to behold
I don’t think this will change things much. Both Reddish and Knox have been busts. Kevin Knox was stapled to the NYK bench. Reddish is more of a 3 and Obi a 4/5 so they shouldn’t complete for minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device
The Knicks also picked up Solomon Hill, who plays inside. Just do Obi and his fans a favor and trade him.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:25 PM
Captain

Maybe Obi was told he will be traded. And Obi does not want to go - so he turned off the motor the last few games in hopes it will kill any trade. Just speculating.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:40 PM
Staff Writer

Solomon Hill averaged .6 PPG in 13 games for the Hawks and shot 15%. He’s not playing over Obi.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../hillso01.html

Especially since Hill is injured and out for the season.

The Ringer can’t figure out who fleeced who in this deal:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/1...awks-trade-nba

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 01-13-2022 at 06:30 PM..
Old 01-14-2022, 11:44 AM
Captain

AZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to beholdAZFlyer85 is a splendid one to behold
Solomon Hill averaged .6 PPG in 13 games for the Hawks and shot 15%. He’s not playing over Obi.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../hillso01.html

Especially since Hill is injured and out for the season.

The Ringer can’t figure out who fleeced who in this deal:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/1...awks-trade-nba

Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the additional info - nonetheless, Obi and his fans are still being cheated.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:23 PM

Thanked 1,588 Times in 805 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
The best don't shy away from competing, and Obi will just continue to grind. Can't be worried about whatever trades are happening. Parts of his game need work, but when his skill set is utilized as is, he's demonstrated he can be a solid contributor. Perhaps with some polish more than just contributing. Just don't think the style played by the Knicks fits him.

All of that said, the NBA bores me. Used to love those old blood feud rivalries. Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls etc. Had to be tough back in the day.

Last edited by Canonball; 01-14-2022 at 12:30 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (01-14-2022), Sticks 'n Stearns (01-16-2022)
Old 01-15-2022, 11:30 PM
Staff Writer

Sorry I'm late posting anything about tonight's game but I didn't watch a second of it. Obi played 9 minutes and had zero shot attempts and, needless to say, zero highlights.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:40 PM

Sad to see a coach and team ruin a player with potential.

Obi has to beg for a trade at this point.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:57 PM
General

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Sad to see a coach and team ruin a player with potential.

Obi has to beg for a trade at this point.
Yes, Obi is in a death spiral with the current iteration of the Knicks. I realize NYC is his hometown, but as long as Thibs is the coach, his development will go exactly nowhere. He needs a fresh start, somewhere else.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-16-2022, 04:34 PM

Thanked 10,190 Times in 4,559 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
It just seems like every Obi dunk just grates on Thibs. Just digs a deeper divide because each dunk brings down the MSG roof. And then there were none. Sad.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:58 AM
Brigadier General

longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Knicks vs Hornets on MLK day @1pm-NBA TV
Old 01-17-2022, 12:54 PM
General

Thanked 3,655 Times in 1,791 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Knicks vs Hornets on MLK day @1pm-NBA TV

Isn't that the same time UD plays WSU today?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (01-17-2022), CT Flyer (01-18-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 01:13 PM

Thanked 4,782 Times in 2,519 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Isn't that the same time UD plays WSU today?
I like it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2022, 02:46 PM
Colonel

Obi energized - has 5 quick pts and I believe 3 RBs in first 2 minutes
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2022, 02:50 PM
General

Thanked 7,321 Times in 3,117 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Obi energized - has 5 quick pts and I believe 3 RBs in first 2 minutes
Posted via Mobile Device
7 point in three minutes now. Thibs must be sick,they are letting Obi touch the ball
Old 01-17-2022, 02:50 PM
Staff Writer

Obi making things happen right away. Good D and then drained a three:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...48067708850181

Missed his next trey but followed it up with this drive:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...48557809074178

Obi oop from IQ: https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...49378135146497

He did miss a pair of FTs before Thibs did the inevitable. In 5 minutes #1 had 7 points and 2 boards.

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 01-17-2022 at 02:53 PM..
fuz_forward (01-18-2022), Gazoo (01-17-2022), San Diego Flyer (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 02:53 PM
General

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
A very productive 4 minutes and 41 seconds and sent to the bench.

Screw you Thibs. Quickly remembering why I do not watch this pro **** they call basketball.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (01-17-2022), Radar (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 03:08 PM
Brigadier General

My almost 94 year old mom says “Why is Obi out? He hardly played”….i say - “the coach is a moron and doesn’t like him”. She just shakes her head. You can’t make this **** up…
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (01-18-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 03:45 PM
General

Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,197 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
“We want Obi” is the chant in the Garden near the end of the 3rd quarter and the Knicks down 20.

F*ck Thibs. We’ll see who leaves NY first:Thibs or Obi. Co-existence is not a viable option.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:49 PM
General

If I hear one more person say Obi's defense is why he does not play I am going to puke. Have you watched Randles lack of effort on D? His who gives a crap attitude with no hustle?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-17-2022), CT Flyer (01-18-2022), Gazoo (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 03:50 PM
Colonel

Furio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud ofFurio has much to be proud of
Too productive in 5 minutes.Thibs got him the heck out there.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:02 PM
Staff Writer

Obi scores again as Thibs leaves him in to clean up in garbage time:

https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...CzwZ3foZUpAAAA

Another oop from IQ: https://twitter.com/TheKnicksWall/st...Cynezlo5UpAAAA

11 markers in 16 minutes and a +12--all of the starters were in negative double figures.

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 01-17-2022 at 04:14 PM..
Old 01-17-2022, 04:17 PM
General

Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,197 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Once again, Obi leads the team with +12. Starters all in a double digit hole.
No matter, he’ll just get his 7-9 minutes next game.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:19 PM

It took 30 seconds for Obi to learn the half-court offense. Go to the corner and stand there.

I've never seen a player's offensive skills utilized so poorly. If Thibs was coaching the Tampa Bay Bucs, he would make Brady hand off the ball every time.

Frazier commented on the bad half-court offense against the zone. Ball circles around the perimeter. Obi could make a big difference on an inside outside zone offense.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (01-18-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
If I hear one more person say Obi's defense is why he does not play I am going to puke. Have you watched Randles lack of effort on D? His who gives a crap attitude with no hustle?
Same with shooting the 3. The Knicks are terrible from 3....all of them. They need to spend the next two weeks only practicing 3 pt shots. I don’t know how many air balls I saw today.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (01-17-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 12:03 PM
Staff Writer

Obi and the NYK on NBA-TV again tonight.

Meanwhile, here is Obi's career in a nutshell: https://twitter.com/APachecoNBA/stat...44338432618496
CvilleFlyer (01-18-2022), SeasonTicketFan (01-18-2022), UDEE79 (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 12:32 PM

Meanwhile, here is Obi's career in a nutshell: https://twitter.com/APachecoNBA/stat...44338432618496
The Knicks are a shoot first, pass when in desperation team.

Duquesne talked about that concept in his post-game on Saturday. It is not a winning formula. You can get away with it once in a while, but not consistently.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:36 PM
Colonel

Watched the 4th quarter as I figured he’d play most/all of it and knew this was the lowlight in the tweet without opening it. I was a huge ball hog when I was young. My motto was always ‘I have to have the ball to be effective’. Even with that I’d still be the assist leader if I played for the Knicks. The game is unwatchable the way they play it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-18-2022, 10:10 PM
Staff Writer

Obi's highlight from his 7 1H minutes:

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1483610468488921088
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM
General

So Obi did nothing in his 5 first half minutes tonight, but his nothing is better than whatever it is Randle is doing.

Through 3 quarters Thibs favorite son has played 31 minutes, 1 for 10 from the field, 2 for 4 from the line for a total of 4 points. His plus minus is -26 as the Knicks trail 81-57.

Great job coach, just keep doing what does not work game after game. Dumb Ass.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (Today), podcast411 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Staff Writer

NYK trailed at one time by 23. Obi and the Bench Mob proceeded cut it to 10. Obi shot the ball once in 19 minutes--a semi-desperation three that missed but was +15.