bosoxrule is an unknown quantity at this point
ESPN Atlantic 10 Preview

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebo...und/atlantic10

Enjoy.
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
I'll bite. I thought it was a well-written, informed piece. Fairly good summary of each team's strengths and what is coming back.

I'm thinking this CSTV thing might not be so bad in the long term, but in the short term, it really has not been good at all. Yes, I realize it is now CBS College Sports. The CSTV part pretty much sucked. Although I did get to watch us lose to LaSalle last year. That was fun.

Seems like the A-10 ought to be decent again. Here's hoping our Flyers are the team that rises above the rest.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Major

allflyernamesaregone
Unhappy

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
I'll bite. I thought it was a well-written, informed piece. Fairly good summary of each team's strengths and what is coming back.

I'm thinking this CSTV thing might not be so bad in the long term, but in the short term, it really has not been good at all. Yes, I realize it is now CBS College Sports. The CSTV part pretty much sucked. Although I did get to watch us lose to LaSalle last year. That was fun.

Seems like the A-10 ought to be decent again. Here's hoping our Flyers are the team that rises above the rest.
Ugh. That game was the low point of the season. We had that game locked up in regulation and overtime and blew it. Roberts got fouled towards the end of overtime when we were up 2 for a 1 and 1 and I remember the LaSalle commentator saying something like "Well, we're gonna be down two because Roberts never misses free throws," and of course BRob misses the first, the LaSalle guy comes down and nailes what seemed like a 35 ft three. :-(
Old 08-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Although I did get to watch us lose to LaSalle last year. That was fun.
Was the LaSalle game on CSTV???
Old 08-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Academy Doolie

PhillyFlyer95 is on a distinguished road
Didn't Agree With Andy Katz

I thought the article was basically fair, pointed out the conferences strengths and areas of improvement. It talked about the recruiting strengths of the conference, which was entirely about Us and X. Then Andy Katz added his two cents about the conference needs to do a better job of marketing X, St. Joe, Temple and UMass??? Temple, St. Joe and UMass??? Are you kidding me??? The best environment for college hoops in the entire conference resides at UD Area, and he talks about marketing Temple, St. Joe and UMass, after the article mentions, by name, recruiting successes of Chris Wright, Paul Williams and Josh Benson.

Maybe the fact that we haven't won a game in the NCAA's since 1990 is the problem, I don't know. One of the greatest strengths, one of the greatest sources of optimism for the future success of the conference resides in Dayton, OH. I hope the folks in the corporate offices in Philly know this. Temple and St. Joe have long been surpassed by that Big East school on the Main Line (Nova rules Philly). Time market your best assets A10, and they aren't in the east, are they, X, UD, St. Louis.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Was the LaSalle game on CSTV???
Well, I know I watched it online... come to think of it, it may have been on channelsurfing.net. Either way, it was freaking painful. Let's not talk about it.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

The Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura about
Couldn't agree more Philly.

His synopsis was spot on for the most part. I mean UMass has a decent year and they play Rhody (I think) late in the season and their arena is maybe half full. Sometimes the basketball minds in Philly and New York have this idea that they hold the key to all that is basketball.

He claims that the A10 tourney should be held in Atlantic City...I would say rotate it between Dayton and Cinci...those are the only two places (maybe St. L) that can sell out games on a consistent basis.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 PM

AdamtheFlyer can only hope to improve
Well, I know I watched it online... come to think of it, it may have been on channelsurfing.net. Either way, it was freaking painful. Let's not talk about it.
I'M NOT LISTENING!! LA LA LA LA LA LA...