UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who improved the most throughout the season...?!
Wehrli 4 8.00%
Pollard 41 82.00%
Scoochie 5 10.00%
Sibert 0 0%
Pierre 0 0%
D Davis 0 0%
K Davis 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,878 Times in 6,982 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden Shocka Most Improved Award

Which Flyer, from Nov 1 to March 22, improved their game the most...last Golden Poll of the Year...vote away!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:22 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for Pollard as most improved during the course of the season, but if given the option on who improved the most from March of last season until November of this season and I'd give it to Scoochie in a NY minute. It seems like forever ago that he had trouble finishing at or around the rim. 1 offseason of hard work, and he developed the strength to become great at finishing around the rim
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-29-2015), ruechalgrin (03-29-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 11:46 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Pollard. Just so Rollo doesn't have another hissy fit.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-29-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,571 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Pollard. The big surprise to most of our opponents was how tough two 6'6" scholarship players and one 6'6" walk-on could be in the paint. Pollard actually became a weak side block threat. That block on Dunn's attempted power-dunk in the Providence game was a momentum changer. It was awesome to behold.

Last edited by Fudd; 03-29-2015 at 11:59 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 12:44 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Pollard. Just so Rollo doesn't have another hissy fit.
Wehrli. So Rollo does have a hissy fit. I'm trying to create a bunch of UDPRIDE accounts to make this happen since the rest of you aren't cooperating..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
Pollard obviously had the biggest improvement stat wise, but I think he had the same capability last year to produce these stats the playing time just wasn't there. He has improved his game immensly, but I think that mostly came with the huge increase in PT. I voted for Scoochie, he was a totally different player this year. Never turned the ball over and his offensive game and scoring ability got even better as the year went on, he peaked in the postseason.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,996 Times in 2,669 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Torn between KP & Scoochie, but in the end I had to go with Kendall. As last year developed, you could see Scoochie coming along to the point that everyone thought he'd be a major contributor this year. Other than the Stanford game, you saw no such progress curve with KP, which is why his blossoming was such a key to this season. If he was only good for 5 pts & 3 rebs a game, there's no way we even get to The Dance. Thus, KP got my vote.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-29-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 02:00 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFlyer23 View Post
Pollard obviously had the biggest improvement stat wise, but I think he had the same capability last year to produce these stats the playing time just wasn't there. He has improved his game immensly, but I think that mostly came with the huge increase in PT. I voted for Scoochie, he was a totally different player this year. Never turned the ball over and his offensive game and scoring ability got even better as the year went on, he peaked in the postseason.
I actually agree with this. Pollard did show last season that he was the best player on the Flyers at finishing in the paint. But with the talent they had, there was no way a Freshman was going to get the playing time. I don't think he could've produced this season's stats even with the playing time, he certainly had to improve to do that. But if he did have the playing time last season, his stats might not have risen so drastically for him to be most improved.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,878 Times in 6,982 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
With Pollard safely in 1st place, the Royal Roundtable will stay intact...however, should things change between now and its closing, heads will roll.