Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Administrator

UDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb Pierre practices for Dayton after semester ban

Pierre practices for Dayton after semester ban

Rest of the story...
Mad Props to UDPride SportsBot For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (12-22-2015)
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
From the above link:

Dayton standout Dyshawn Pierre, who was suspended by the school for the first semester, returned to practice Sunday and could make his season debut on Dec. 30 against Arkansas.

At one point, Dayton coach Archie Miller, who hadn't seen Pierre on the court since early September, was contemplating redshirting his leading returning scorer from a year ago. Miller told ESPN that while he is unlikely to play Pierre on Tuesday night at home against Miami-Ohio, the 6-6 senior will likely make his season debut after Christmas against the Razorbacks.

"He looks great," Miller said. "I was surprised with how good he looked, to be honest. But he still hasn't played in months. He's missed 48 practices and 10 games. So we'll evaluate him on a day-to-day basis -- and he'll have to evaluate himself."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (12-22-2015), Flyer 86 (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 09:07 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
I know Archie told Goodman and ESPN he is unlikely to play but, I will be stunned if he isn't out there for at least a little... Too much build up ha
Old 12-22-2015, 09:09 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll bet he gets on the court tonight. If we can have a decent lead there's no reason to keep him off, and if we don't, there's no reason not to put him out there and see.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 09:11 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Who is going to start the "WE WANT DP" chant?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
big jordan (12-22-2015), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (12-22-2015), redbengal (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 09:36 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Good plan by Arch

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I'll bet he gets on the court tonight. If we can have a decent lead there's no reason to keep him off, and if we don't, there's no reason not to put him out there and see.
Cannot replicate the stress on knees, hamstrings, quads, achilles, et al in home workout vs D1. He needs the UD practices to test that stuff. Last thing we would want is a 3 minute standing ovation, and 10 minutes on the floor with a bunch of Miami hacks, and then God-forbid, 2 months off with freak injury.

That scenario plays itself out every year when college draftees start camp and go hard and injure one of the above in the first few practices----going at a pace they have not seen before.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:06 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
"Dayton standout Dyshawn Pierre, suspended by the school for the first semester, returned to practice Sunday and could make his season debut on Dec. 30 against Arkansas.

At one point, Dayton coach Archie Miller, who hadn't seen Pierre on the court since early September, was contemplating redshirting his leading returning scorer from a year ago. Miller told ESPN that while he is unlikely to play Pierre on Tuesday night at home against Miami-Ohio, the 6-6 senior will likely make his season debut after Christmas against the Razorbacks."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-dayton-flyers
Old 12-22-2015, 10:39 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Cannot replicate the stress on knees, hamstrings, quads, achilles, et al in home workout vs D1. He needs the UD practices to test that stuff. Last thing we would want is a 3 minute standing ovation, and 10 minutes on the floor with a bunch of Miami hacks, and then God-forbid, 2 months off with freak injury.

That scenario plays itself out every year when college draftees start camp and go hard and injure one of the above in the first few practices----going at a pace they have not seen before.
while I agree with the premise, I think he will get a little time on the court. This is just a way for AM to keep the crowd from complaining if he doesn't get on the court. And also keeping the crowd somewhat in check and focused instead of as ClaytonFF said, "we want DP" chants.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:04 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Archie MillerLite is just really niceArchie MillerLite is just really niceArchie MillerLite is just really niceArchie MillerLite is just really nice
Just like I said, 0-10 minutes vs Miami. He may get in to get the ovation - or if game dictates it, blow out - etc. Look for 10+ min vs Ark all leading up to getting to near full steam by the UMass game.

For our sake, let's hope he gets in tonight to get the ovation.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
If Pierre was coming off injury, I'd be really careful about getting him back in there.

But I don't see the injury risk as being greater against Miami than it would be against Arkansas on Dec. 30. Does a couple more practices after Christmas make a difference?

Arkansas may be fairly mediocre, but they are very physical. Miami, on the other hand, is also mediocre but not overly physical. So you can make the case I think, Arkansas is a greater risk for injury. And I also think you could make the case that easing Pierre into game action against Miami, might mitigate the risk for injury against Arkansas.

But the bottom line is you can only do so much to protect yourself against injury. Honestly, I think team chemistry and adjusting rotations are bigger priorities. But you work through those as Dyshawn gets into better game shape, easing him into bigger minutes.

To me, Miami is at least as decent as a starting point as Arkansas. Of course, I'm not a trainer, so if there is some sound medical science/theory that says a couple more days of practice will make Dyshawn more injury-proof, then okay. But super unscientifically, the best way to be avoid being injured is probably to not worry about getting injured.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:34 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Dyshawn releases a statement:

I am thrilled to be back with my team and coaching staff. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me through this most trying time. My family and I are very disappointed but our hope is that the University of Dayton will handle these types of cases with greater care as a result of my fight. We are exploring all of our options and we still have faith that this injustice will be corrected. I plan on focusing on what I can control and move forward with another successful season of Dayton Basketball. I do not plan to address this situation again until after the situation. Thank you for your understanding.

https://twitter.com/FlyerNews/status/679366251433578496
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (12-22-2015), Bob G (12-22-2015), Bonziflyer (12-23-2015), longtimefan67 (12-22-2015), Radar (12-22-2015), San Diego Flyer (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 02:06 PM
General of the Air Force

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...rest-of-season
Old 12-22-2015, 02:59 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Dyshawn got to practice Sunday and Monday, and likely a brief practice today since he won't play. Probably more of an offense and defense session today. I believe he will get 6 more practices before Arkansas.

Valid points aside, I'm on Arch's side on this one. Play him after some conditioning against UA.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 08:04 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
The way we played the first half against Miami, (31-29 down) at the half.

Perhaps he plays him 5 to 8 minutes. Wow, scooch not doing much. cooke a woeful 1 for 6 , and missing awfully at the free throw line.

OYYYY>
Old 12-22-2015, 11:15 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
We played so horribly in the first half I was hoping he would suit up at halftime. He could have played better than that with no practice time at all.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:54 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed him on the bench last night. He looked thin to me...not at all bulked up. I hope that doesn't hurt him at the 4-spot.