UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: What is Kyle's stat line???
7-7 FTs, 2-4 on 3s, 6-9 on 2s = 25 pts 2 22.22%
7-7 FTs, 2-3 on 3's, 6-8 on 2s = 25 pts 3 33.33%
7-7 FTs, 2-2 on 3's, 6-6 on 2s = 25 pts 0 0%
7-7 FTs, 2-2 on 3s, 6-7 on 2s = 25 pts 3 33.33%
7-7 FTs, 2-3 on 3s, 6-9 on 2s = 25 pts 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
YMtC - FG stats

Kyle Davis is thriving as the best 6th man in all of NCAA basketball. In UD's 23rd game of the '15-'16 season, he's averaging 12.4 ppg and shooting 58% from 3's! Since A10 play has started, he's lead the team in scoring 5 consecutive games and the way he's playing tonite against St. Bonnie at a sold-out UD Arena, it might be six!

In the first half, he nailed a 3 from the corner, drove for a dunk that he missed but got fouled and made both free throws. He has 3 offensive rebound put-backs and 1 breakaway dunk...his only blemish was a 60 foot desperation shot that rattled in and out just before the half. UGH!

The 2nd half was just as crazy for Kyle as he hit another 3 from the top of the key and two 14-footers. Add to that 2 made free throws for another attempted dunk that he was fouled attempting and another 3 FTs after being fouled attempting a corner 3 and it's obvious who's going to be the Bud Light Player of the Game....but it's not over yet.

With the Flyers up 85-74 and 1:22 to play, Kyle drives the lane one more time with the goal of dunking over 6'10" St. Bonny center Jordan Tyson, who has fouled Kyle in 2 previous attempts. This time, Tyson is ready and times his block attempt perfectly, placing his hand on the ball as Kyle attempts the dunk. All 3 officials race into the lane, all signaling 'jump ball' and after looking at the arrow, awards the ball to UD.

Archie Miller, proud of Kyle's efforts and fearful for his safety, subs super-senior Bobby Wehrli in for Kyle, who leaves with 25 pts...and to another standing ovation.

As a Royal statistician, what is Kyle Davis' stat line in FT-M/FT-A, 3-pt FG-M/FG-A and 2-pt FG-M/FG-A?

Last edited by rollo; 07-20-2015 at 07:48 AM..
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2015, 10:29 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Did I include to much math for you guys?

or is Monday morning the wrong time to ask anyone (but me) to think?
Old 07-20-2015, 11:26 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Let's review in brief...

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
In the first half,
  • he nailed a 3 from the corner
  • drove for a dunk that he missed but got fouled and made both free throws.
  • He has 3 offensive rebound put-backs
  • and 1 breakaway dunk...
  • his only blemish was a 60 foot desperation shot that rattled in and out just before the half. UGH!

The 2nd half was just as crazy for Kyle as he hit
  • another 3 from the top of the key
  • and two 14-footers.
  • Add to that 2 made free throws for another attempted dunk that he was fouled attempting
  • and another 3 FTs after being fouled attempting a corner 3

With the Flyers up 85-74 and 1:22 to play, Kyle drives the lane one more time with the goal of dunking over 6'10" St. Bonny center Jordan Tyson, who has fouled Kyle in 2 previous attempts. This time, Tyson is ready and times his block attempt perfectly, placing his hand on the ball as Kyle attempts the dunk. All 3 officials race into the lane, all signaling 'jump ball' and after looking at the arrow, awards the ball to UD.

As a Royal statistician, what is Kyle Davis' stat line in FT-M/FT-A, 3-pt FG-M/FG-A and 2-pt FG-M/FG-A?
So, the questions the respondents need to answer are, does the heave-ho at the end of the first half count as a miss? Does the jump ball count as a miss? Do any of the missed-shots that caused FT's count as a miss?

But, it's pretty simple, and I know I got it right.

Figgie

PS. I think I did.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 01:50 PM

When a Poll about 'Flyer Pet Names' gets more and comments and hits than something basketball related, it's time to call it a season.

2016 YMtC's will start again in May...
Old 07-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Did I include to much math for you guys?

or is Monday morning the wrong time to ask anyone (but me) to think?
Yes you did, it hurts my little brain. But, keep them coming.
Mad Props to IndianaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
I..don't...know.

Hey, that's a true answer. We can use that for all of these! (Calvin & Hobbes)
Old 07-21-2015, 08:43 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
When a Poll about 'Flyer Pet Names' gets more and comments and hits than something basketball related, it's time to call it a season.

2016 YMtC's will start again in May...
I think I know the answer I just don't feel like doing all the counting.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-22-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 08:48 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
I picked B
Old 07-22-2015, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
So, the questions the respondents need to answer are, does the heave-ho at the end of the first half count as a miss?
No. Desperation shots do not count as FG-A unless the shot is good. So the 60-footer doesn't count

Does the jump ball count as a miss?
The last drive/dunk attempted by Davis was called a jump ball...and even though the ball never left his hand, it counts as a FG-A since the shot motion had begun and the intent was clear.

Weird fact: Because the jump-ball went to UD, Davis even gets credit for an offensive rebound! Not kidding.

Do any of the missed-shots that caused FT's count as a miss?
Shots missed while being fouled in the process don't count as FG-A unless the shot is good. Since he missed both dunks and the 3, none of them count as FG-A.

But, it's pretty simple, and I know I got it right.
Did you pick D...7/7 FTs, 2/2 3s and 6/7 2-pt FGs?

PS. I think I did.
I think not.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:55 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Did you pick D...7/7 FTs, 2/2 3s and 6/7 2-pt FGs?

I think not.
No, I picked E, 7-7 FTs, 2-3 on 3s, 6-9 on 2s = 25 pts. Because I misread "6-9 on 2s: as "6-9 FGs" as most boxscores (aka stats) list shot attempts that way. (Which I should have realized wasn't "8-9 FGs"...)

So, I should have chosen 2-3 3s, and 6-6 2s, but that wasn't an option.

But, I also chose the desperation as an attempt since you stated "rattled in and out". You've stated before that desperations that miss don't count. Since this one hit the rim (where else would it rattle?) I figured it should be an attempt.

I didn't choose the jump ball as an attempt, because I figured it had to have been a block then. But, conversely, what's the alternative on keeping the ball on the alternating arrow? Like you stated, an offensive rebound. Well, you can't have a rebound without an attempt.

With my incorrectness out of the way, what's the statistics call if Davis never went up for a shot, and the defender just grabbed the ball in the lane? No harm, no foul, inbound the ball close by?
Old 07-23-2015, 01:39 PM

what's the statistics call if Davis never went up for a shot, and the defender just grabbed the ball in the lane? No harm, no foul, inbound the ball close by?
If it's a quick grab and no whistles, it would be a turnover.

If they were tied up and a jump ball was called, then - as you said - 'no harm'...and no turnover.