User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the party . . .

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-federal...234400184.html
Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (04-11-2018)
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
Welcome to the party . . .

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-federal...234400184.html
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (05-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 11:20 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
The old "Kansas did not know and was a victim" spiel.......LMAO.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:30 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,124 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.realclearlife.com/sports/...ters-for-life/:

The panel that NCAA basketball asked to fix its sport after a federal probe revealed rampant bribery and corruption issued its recommendations for reforming the game on Wednesday.

In a 60-page report, the Commission on College Basketball told the NCAA it should consider eliminating the one-and-done rule, banning cheating coaches for life and allowing players to return to school if they don’t get drafted into the NBA.

“The goal should not be to turn college basketball into another professional league,” the commission wrote in its report.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice presented the commission’s findings to the NCAA board of governors and Division I board of directors on Wednesday at NCAA headquarters.

“The members of this commission come from a wide variety of backgrounds, but the one thing that they share in common is that they believe the college basketball enterprise is worth saving,” Rice told The AP Tuesday night. “We believe there’s a lot of work to do in that regard. That the state of the game is not very strong.”

At this point, it’s unclear which, if any, of the commission’s recommendations will be adopted in time for next season.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-25-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Brigadier General

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
http://www.realclearlife.com/sports/...ters-for-life/: . . . "That the state of the game is not very strong.” . . . .
Wow. That does not sound good at all. Prepare for a lot of changes.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:11 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute

The panel that NCAA basketball asked to fix its sport after a federal probe revealed rampant bribery and corruption issued its recommendations for reforming the game on Wednesday.

In a 60-page report, the Commission on College Basketball told the NCAA it should consider eliminating the one-and-done rule, banning cheating coaches for life and allowing players to return to school if they don’t get drafted into the NBA.

“The goal should not be to turn college basketball into another professional league,” the commission wrote in its report.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice presented the commission’s findings to the NCAA board of governors and Division I board of directors on Wednesday at NCAA headquarters.

“The members of this commission come from a wide variety of backgrounds, but the one thing that they share in common is that they believe the college basketball enterprise is worth saving,” Rice told The AP Tuesday night. “We believe there’s a lot of work to do in that regard. That the state of the game is not very strong.”

At this point, it’s unclear which, if any, of the commission’s recommendations will be adopted in time for next season.
Maybe I'm confused, but isn't the 1 and done rule an NBA rule? So NCAA can recommend anything they want but they're recommending someone else change THEIR rules?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-25-2018), IAFlyer (04-27-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 01:16 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. That does not sound good at all. Prepare for a lot of changes.
Or not. Stay tuned.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute

In a 60-page report, the Commission on College Basketball told the NCAA it should consider . . . allowing players to return to school if they don’t get drafted into the NBA.
While I understand the reason for this, it raises some potential problems in my opinion.

It doesn't seem fair to require a school to hold the scholarship for a player (or multiple players) who wants to test the waters in the draft so they can return if not drafted

On the other hand, if you say undrafted players can go anywhere and play immediately, I can see most players who want to transfer declaring for the draft so they won't have to sit a year

Seems like it could get messy
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (04-25-2018), Flyer 86 (05-11-2018), Gazoo (04-25-2018), T-Bone 84 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how the Miller family is taking the fact that almost every article written about this situation either includes a picture of Sean Miller or mentions his name OR BOTH.

The fact that the FBI uncovered this and the NCAA did not (or chose NOT TOO) is telling.

It's like the #metoo activity and finding out that all these years some noted telecasters with BIG names in the main stream media (including FOX) were doing what they were doing and .... and a lot of people around them knew and either did not or could not say something because of the powers to be ....
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 11:50 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Or not. Stay tuned.
It all depends on how deep the tentacles of corruption reach, and how much "money talks". The changes could be sweeping...or, they could just slap another year of probation on Cleveland State (the old joke from the '80s about Tark the Shark @ UNLV).
Old 05-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Brigadier General

How did Rollo and Swampy miss this?

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-chee...213902318.html

The guys in the picture look like they are enjoying the view, probably the ringleaders . . .
Old 05-11-2018, 09:23 AM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-chee...213902318.html

The guys in the picture look like they are enjoying the view, probably the ringleaders . . .
I will never understand why you would want to belong to a group who would treat you like that and think it's OK, or why you would want to treat someone else that way. (Though I get why a scholarship athlete would not want to lose their full ride / what they love to do)

What a bunch of a-holes for treating people like that.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:56 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I think they are on a camping trip together, in the mountains, with a real small tent.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (05-12-2018), SLUFLYER (05-14-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
swampy missed it because there's no link showing Donald Trump was involved.

I missed it because it lacked really good pictures.
BRob2Perryman3 (05-12-2018), SLUFLYER (05-14-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I will never understand why you would want to belong to a group who would treat you like that and think it's OK, or why you would want to treat someone else that way. (Though I get why a scholarship athlete would not want to lose their full ride / what they love to do)

What a bunch of a-holes for treating people like that.
While I agree that public humiliation like this is uncalled for, hazing has and will go on. It went on when I was in school from high school all the way through college. It happens in certain professions but may not be referred to as hazing, but some other PC term. Whether it was in a social atmosphere or in sports. Yes, there are different levels. But a little icy hot to the boys is a little different than some of the things that go on.

You can have some pretty fun team building with innocent hazing, it is finding that line and not crossing it...that is the problem.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:44 PM
General

Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
While I agree that public humiliation like this is uncalled for, hazing has and will go on. It went on when I was in school from high school all the way through college. It happens in certain professions but may not be referred to as hazing, but some other PC term. Whether it was in a social atmosphere or in sports. Yes, there are different levels. But a little icy hot to the boys is a little different than some of the things that go on.

You can have some pretty fun team building with innocent hazing, it is finding that line and not crossing it...that is the problem.
I know a guy who pledged a black fraternity. Apparently (I would not know) the hazing there can be pretty brutal. The last thing they did was something like walk across hot coals (?), and on the other side, the guy's Big held out his arms and said "you made it, you're in!" The guy (who was HUGE) smiled, walked up to him, and punched him in the nose as hard as he could. Knocked out out stone cold.

He said, "I've never quit anything in my life, so you weren't going to break me. But I'll be da**ed if I want to be friends with a bunch of a**holes who treat people like you." And he left.

Now, some Ben Gay on the jewels. . . heck I'd do that to my best friend tomorrow if the opportunity arose.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-25-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
I pledged a fraternity. They made me eat Taco Bell Fire Sauce while the rest of the guys drank pepsi around me until I finished.

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I know a guy who pledged a black fraternity. Apparently (I would not know) the hazing there can be pretty brutal. The last thing they did was something like walk across hot coals (?), and on the other side, the guy's Big held out his arms and said "you made it, you're in!" The guy (who was HUGE) smiled, walked up to him, and punched him in the nose as hard as he could. Knocked out out stone cold.

He said, "I've never quit anything in my life, so you weren't going to break me. But I'll be da**ed if I want to be friends with a bunch of a**holes who treat people like you." And he left.

Now, some Ben Gay on the jewels. . . heck I'd do that to my best friend tomorrow if the opportunity arose.
Mad Props to Justin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I pledged a fraternity. They made me eat Taco Bell Fire Sauce while the rest of the guys drank pepsi around me until I finished.
As much as I love Taco Bell the Fire and even Diablo sauces are not very hot...
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (05-12-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (05-11-2018), OSU Flyer (05-11-2018), rollo (05-11-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
The thread police are boiling over these last two posts.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-14-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 02:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...ptg?ocid=ientp

The FBI declined to comment on the investigation. The extent to which a potentially corrupt FBI agent may undercut the government’s case will be born out in the months to come. But the irony is unmistakable: might a case predicated on the seduction of easy money, of trust betrayed, and of misappropriated funds, be undone by a rogue federal operative who, himself, could not resist the same lure he was tasked with exposing?
Old 05-23-2018, 03:00 PM

Thanked 10,129 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
NCAA basketball certainly needs to be fixed, but a bigger issue is the FBI having so many problems. Basketball is only a sport, but the FBI is a base of our democracy.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 05:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Even if it don't go to court over violations the info leaked or presented to the public will not go unnoticed in the court of public opinion.

Coaches or programs exposed through the investigation will or at least should be punished even if a technicality keeps it out of court. That is why Sean attorneys told him to deny all of it as the proof is on the FBI to prove it. Wouldn't be surprised it was that team that bribed the investigating FBI agent or team.

Either way those voice recordings will make it into the court of public opinion. Sean and the University could be in hotter water than what was discovered originally if and when all dots are connected.

Right now FBI has to throughly make sure all "T" are crossed. Even if it means exposing the rougue agent (s). The servival of the FBI is utmost important.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,325 Times in 444 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ge-basketball/
Old 07-11-2018, 11:34 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
And all the head coaches will continue to say, "Gee, I had no idea that this was going on."
Old 07-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Thumbs down

Football coaches, maybe, with the size of the team and the massive number of recruits. But being close to the UD program, seeing how much time a coach invests in each player and recruit. They have to know what is going on or they aren't fit to coach. (BTW, I know you were kidding)

Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
And all the head coaches will continue to say, "Gee, I had no idea that this was going on."
Mad Props to Justin For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (07-11-2018)