Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Womens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Colonel

Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
Ohio High School Girls Basketball Championships at UD

Ok so it's not related to the UD women's basketball program but this announcement should increase interest in girls and then women's basketball...

UD Arena will host to the Ohio state girls basketball tournament semifinals and championship games March 11-13, 2021, and on dates to be announced in 2022 and 2023, the Ohio High School Athletic Association announced Tuesday.

There are four divisions in Ohio girls basketball. A total of 12 games in each of those three seasons will be played at UD Arena.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-15-2020), Flyer Dave (05-12-2020), fuz_forward (05-12-2020), Glen Clark (05-16-2020), jaburr91 (05-12-2020), jack72 (05-12-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-12-2020), tirebiter (05-12-2020), ud69 (05-12-2020)
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Colonel

Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
No one was more excited to hear the news of the Ohio high school girls basketball state tournament moving to UD Arena than Dayton Flyers women’s basketball coach Shauna Green.

“It’s absolutely huge,” Green said. “Huge for girls basketball and for Dayton women’s basketball. Our administration has worked so hard to make UD Arena one of the best basketball arenas in the country. I think it’s going to be an awesome opportunity showcase that. To have some of the top high school players in the state playing on your home floor three years in a row is really really big.”
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Brad S. (05-12-2020), Cardsflyer (05-15-2020), fuz_forward (05-12-2020), tirebiter (05-12-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 7,275 Times in 4,139 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Now if we could do something about that awful league we are in, some decent recruits would come here.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-15-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 09:34 AM
General

Thanked 6,345 Times in 2,650 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I know this is great for UD and the Flyers Womens team, but something about going to old St. Johns Arena I always thought was special for the state finals. Maybe I watched Hoosiers one time too many. I know 17 year old kids do not care about the old building and will love the new environment, everything from the locker rooms to the arena itself. Great Job UD
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-15-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 11:11 AM
Colonel

So it was brought up about that "awful league" the women are in and does it hinder recruiting which is an interesting point? The league was way down last year- there are some programs that seemingly are making strides but those typically don't happen within a year. I can't see that the lack of quality competition in the conference "helps" recruiting and neither does the lack of consistent television coverage (ok ESPN Plus exists). Any other thoughts? For example, not only better competition in the Big 10 but lots of tv games on their network. At this point UD's quality of education, coaching staff and great facilities have to be the key recruiting tools along with program success for more than a decade.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 7,275 Times in 4,139 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
"I can't see that the lack of quality competition in the conference "helps" recruiting and neither does the lack of consistent television coverage (ok ESPN Plus exists)."

Not sure what you are saying.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:08 PM
Colonel

I'm saying in some cases I believe what conference a team is in can help its recruiting - I don't think that's the case for the A-10.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:59 PM
(Formerly O'Side Flyer)

Brad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Barney Sentner View Post
I'm saying in some cases I believe what conference a team is in can help its recruiting - I don't think that's the case for the A-10.
There's such little parity in talent in WBB that outside of a very few P5 programs, and maybe UCONN, I don't think it really matters.