User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,569 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Observations from the Butler Win

I only saw the first 3/4 of the game, so my observations are incomplete, but we looked good. We looked more talented than Butler, IMO. I think that Crutcher was the best guard on the floor. We are quite athletic and we turned on some defense for spurts tonight.

I'm very impressed with how far we have come since last year. We did not play as a team at all last year. It was not good basketball. This year, we are playing some quality ball.

Cunningham covers the fact that we do not have a dominant center type. He is powerful enough to give bigger guys problems. It will hurt to lose such a fine player next season, but we do get plenty of beef at that time.

I read a bit of the game thread on the Butler board and was mildly entertained.

Last edited by Fudd; 11-21-2018 at 11:44 PM..
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2018, 11:50 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I only saw the first 3/4 of the game, so my observations are incomplete, but we looked good. We looked more talented than Butler, IMO. I think that Crutcher was the best guard on the floor. We are quite athletic and we turned on some defense for spurts tonight.

I'm very impressed with how far we have come since last year. We did not play as a team at all last year. It was not good basketball. This year, we are playing some quality ball.

Cunningham covers the fact that we do not have a dominant center type. He is powerful enough to give bigger guys problems. It will hurt to lose such a fine player next season, but we do get plenty of beef at that time.

I read a bit of the game thread on the Butler board and was mildly entertained.
Fudd: I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see a lot of talent on Butler. I thought they had a good point guard and center, and after that, very little. Crutcher looked very good, as did Cunningham. Mikesell struggled on defense; Matos had some more good passes off the drive. In general, I thought it was sort of a lopsided game, with Dayton obviously having more talent. We owned the boards. The Flyers are evolving into a very good team.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:53 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Coach Grant was very pleased with the defensive effort, which is the first time in two years that I heard him happy about the team's defensive effort.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-22-2018), Jeff (11-22-2018), Whacker (11-22-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 11:57 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
I tuned in with five left in the first half. Honestly, I was amazed.

It had that feeling of the Gonzaga game in Maui five years ago. That feeling that the worm had turned, that this wasn’t going to be like the previous season(s). Are we headed to the Elite 8 again? I won’t go that far, and that team five years ago followed up that magical Maui run by absolutely laying an egg in the early conference slate. But it felt like the team jelled tonight, and that bodes well for the rest of the season & beyond.

Our fans are awesome. We are <clap, clap> UD!!!

Bring on the Cavs
Old 11-22-2018, 12:42 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
This is a top 4 A10 team, playing at this level. Certainly a conference title contender.

Best defensive game since Archie.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 12:54 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
I think tomorrow will be a dog fight. Virginia is in no way infallible. Perfect time too, right between first dinner and second dinner.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (11-22-2018), BeckysTXA (11-22-2018), Figgie123 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 12:56 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
It's early, but Matos is that special player exceeding expectations. He has stopper potential on D. He moves his feet well while having an eye for the flow of the game. His "eye" carries over to O, which is why he makes some great passes. He needs to gain some scoring confidence, but he will be quite the contributor come January!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
axehandle (11-22-2018), Flyers98 (11-22-2018), OSU Flyer (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 01:22 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Matos did a great job on the defensive end on this game. Baldwin is a first team Big East caliber player and he was shut down.

If he and Cohill come along on the offensive end this team could be a tough out in A10 play. They don't have to be the go to guys but if they become threats on the offensive end then an off night for Josh or Jalen can be absorbed

Even though there's only 8 guys everyone brings something to the table. Cohill, Matos and whoever the 3rd guy on the bench is (Mikesell/Obi) with their versatility make up for the lack of numbers. AG doesn't have to be scared giving minutes to those guys off of the bench.

Real advantage having two guys in Matos and Cohill who can play some defense off the bench.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:47 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
That team did have talent. That point guard is going to be a stud. The shooting guard is open when he gets off the bus. They just didn't have a lot of talent in their bigs.

Is anyone else amazed at how aggressive Mikesell is offensively? He's taking contact and scoring. When he sees a smaller guy guarding him he's going straight to the rack. Defensively he got a couple of junk calls that took him out of the second half.

And Scoochie...I mean Crutcher, he didn't even have his best game tonight but he dominated the flow.

Obi is special.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 07:09 AM
1st Lieutenant

Muckem333 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post

And Scoochie...I mean Crutcher, he didn't even have his best game tonight but he dominated the flow.
This...

I seriously almost yelled “nice shot; Scoochie!” Or “nice drive Scooch!” on more than one occasion.
In my defense, that was the scoochiest PG play we’ve seen since Scoochie’s last game
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Press reaction

I am very encouraged by how we reacted to the Butler press at the end. After botching two, we adjusted really well and it saved our bacon. Impressed with how AG has the boys playing so far.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:00 AM
2nd Lieutenant

UD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura about
When it is all done, Crutcher will easily surpass "the Scooch", no disrespect. As a soph he is already ahead in IMO
Old 11-22-2018, 08:21 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
https://butlerhoops.com/forum/index....atlantis.2376/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD_Earl (11-22-2018), wes (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:33 AM
Commander in Chief

Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Highlights from the Butler game are on the UD website in the videos section:

https://daytonflyers.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

Mikesell had some very nifty offensive moves.

Last edited by Fudd; 11-22-2018 at 08:37 AM..
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
That team did have talent. That point guard is going to be a stud. The shooting guard is open when he gets off the bus. They just didn't have a lot of talent in their bigs.

Is anyone else amazed at how aggressive Mikesell is offensively? He's taking contact and scoring. When he sees a smaller guy guarding him he's going straight to the rack. Defensively he got a couple of junk calls that took him out of the second half.

Obi is special.
Did u not watch the game tonight ? Obi did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TONIGHT, NOTHING
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I know it was mentioned in the game thread but the incessant dolphin talk was ridiculous last night. And it's too bad because I like Jimmy ****s and he was way more knowledgeable about Dayton than 90% of the color guys we get on our games.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (11-22-2018), Fudd (11-22-2018), Radar (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
The clever master plan- keep your powder dry for this afternoon for the big boys. Just brilliant.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-22-2018), Glen Clark (11-22-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 09:03 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
I loved the comment about “physical play”, and Dayton handling it better than Butler. You mean, in a league that includes east coast programs like Georgetown and St. John’s, Butler isn’t used to physical play?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2018, 09:15 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Both teams played GREAT free throw defense!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
RamodWaleskowski (11-23-2018), San Diego Flyer (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 09:19 AM

Thanked 17,096 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Obi had as many points and more rebounds than Matos in half the shots, and played 25% fewer minutes -- and it's pretty unanimous Matos played well. Obi also altered at least two Butler floaters to force misses.

Your definition of absolutely nothing is inappropriate hyperbole cross bred with selective perception.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (11-22-2018), Bob G (11-22-2018), Flyer14 (11-22-2018), Gazoo (11-22-2018), m21eagle45 (11-22-2018), pmcmullen (11-22-2018), SeasonTicketFan (11-22-2018), springborofan (11-22-2018), The Fly (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 09:26 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I know it was mentioned in the game thread but the incessant dolphin talk was ridiculous last night. And it's too bad because I like Jimmy ****s and he was way more knowledgeable about Dayton than 90% of the color guys we get on our games.
I guess the auto-correct does not think it is politically correct to call Jimmy by his last name.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:02 AM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Tall freshman are prone to foul trouble. Big Steve spent a lot of his year in foul trouble as did many UD freshman centers.
Obi had some nice plays in the second half.

Amazing that we have a troll that can find a lead lining in every important victory.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-22-2018), Jay O'Leary (11-23-2018), Jeff (11-22-2018), m21eagle45 (11-22-2018), UD62 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Great effort, and good win against butler; but Flyers have not played their best game by any means. Left a lot on the table with missed opportunities at the rim, and the free throws, and the fact that foul trouble for Obi and Mikesell hampered parts of the UD game. If Mikesell didn't get in his foul trouble, I think UD runs away and hides from Butler in true blowout. And Davis is better than he played, much better.

Flyers have a shot at Virginia...Go Flyers Beat Cavs!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:23 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess the auto-correct does not think it is politically correct to call Jimmy by his last name.
Why is it that I keep having flashbacks to the Seinfeld “Jimmy” episode, where the dude always spoke about himself in 3rd person? “Jimmy likes to work out.” “Jimmy eats a good breakfast every day.”
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (11-22-2018), CE80 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 10:32 AM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Wink All over again

And if you watched any of the second game last night, it was the same obnoxious DOLPHIN SPEAK ALL OVER AGAIN. Incredible! But he was very Dayton knowing...Knight, Roberts, Velvet, etc.

That's what I get for not being in the Bahamas.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 11:04 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Your are correct that we didn't see the Obi who played against the 3 bottom feeders to start the season. But with UD ahead late in the game, and Mikesell & Landers having fouled out, and only 1 scholarship player left on the bench, Obi showed up with 4 important points. His drive and layup from the wing was priceless.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-22-2018), Flyer 86 (11-22-2018), Jeff (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 11:29 AM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
It’s almost like ESPN had some sort of deal with Atlantis to spend time pushing the resort
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
priceg75 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 11:33 AM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
With all due respect, you are a moron with a stuck caps lock. I said Obi is special. I did not say he had a great game.

He is special because a couple of the plays he made were really superior for a guy of his size. Splitting a double team with the dribble and pulling up from 14 feet? Holy crap. Foul prone and missing an uncontested dunk?? Yeah freshman still.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-22-2018), m21eagle45 (11-22-2018), San Diego Flyer (11-22-2018), TA111 (11-22-2018), UD62 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Why is it that I keep having flashbacks to the Seinfeld “Jimmy” episode, where the dude always spoke about himself in 3rd person? “Jimmy likes to work out.” “Jimmy eats a good breakfast every day.”
Posted via Mobile Device
George likes his chicken spicy!
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 11:51 AM
1st Lieutenant

sabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to all
The comment that Obi did nothing must be from a person who knows little about basketball. Dayton won against a very good team in Butler. Notice the word team. On defense your only as good as your weakest player. On defense, no one was weak last night.

Matos didn't have a great scoring night but without his defense, we probably lose. Both Cunningham and Mikesell were given isolation opportunities because of Butler's matchups.They are both experienced, quality players. In other games, Obi might have these opportunities. Obi played within his role on this team.

We must give credit to the coach for developing and recruiting a competitive squad in only his second year.

Last edited by sabo2; 11-22-2018 at 01:14 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sabo2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-22-2018), San Diego Flyer (11-22-2018), TA111 (11-22-2018), ud69 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Captain

Hobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of light
I think the fact that Davis and Toppin were non existent offensively is a good sign for tonight. If Obi and Jordan have their average games, and everyone else repeats last night, we may make it interesting.
Mad Props to Hobopotamus1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 01:39 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Disagree. He gave a short boost in the middle of the 2nd half. Get a boost from a couple of bench guys a half and it’s a good deal.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:44 PM
General

Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
@&#$*... I fell for this.

Someone’s lonely, and needs attention.

Yeesh.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Maddog or UDScott? Who’s more negative? My vote is for UDScott. Go Flyers!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
Maddog or UDScott? Who’s more negative? My vote is for UDScott. Go Flyers!
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok I’ll take back the absolutely nothing, he was a non factor, let’s not celebrate 4 rebounds for a 6’10 guy and 1 14 foot jump shot, come on, I’m not negative I’m just honest, I like Obi but he beat up on little guys, last night he played against real guys and showed he was a freshman, he will mature and be really good down the road but this whole conversation started when a guy said he was special last night
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
"UDScott, how do you feel about your team's execution?"

"I'm in favor of it."
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 05:51 PM
General

Ok I’ll take back the absolutely nothing, he was a non factor, let’s not celebrate 4 rebounds for a 6’10 guy and 1 14 foot jump shot, come on, I’m not negative I’m just honest, I like Obi but he beat up on little guys, last night he played against real guys and showed he was a freshman, he will mature and be really good down the road but this whole conversation started when a guy said he was special last night
Posted via Mobile Device
No, NOT LAST NIGHT. I said he's special. End of sentence.

And he played big boys today and played well, so you can KMMFA.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (11-22-2018), TA111 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
and once again, you are wrong
Old 11-22-2018, 06:33 PM
Commander in Chief

Obi is on the cusp of being very special, IMO. Getting a few games against top competition like he is getting right now is going to season him. He is so new to the division 1 college basketball scene that he is not calibrated to what his game should look like at this level. He will also gain a lot of confidence in his first half season as well. A well-adjusted Obi could be quite a player by the end of the season, IMO.

Actually, our whole team should walk away from this with a lot of confidence and knowledge that they can play outstanding defense against any opponent.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
With all due respect, you are a moron with a stuck caps lock. I said Obi is special. I did not say he had a great game.

He is special because a couple of the plays he made were really superior for a guy of his size. Splitting a double team with the dribble and pulling up from 14 feet? Holy crap. Foul prone and missing an uncontested dunk?? Yeah freshman still.
Gazoo, his ceiling potential is ridiculous. I don't make bold statements much, but my gosh.. as he continues to put game experience and learn, can you imagine what he may develop into..

When you say special, I knew exactly what you were saying, we are seeing a potential star of the Atlantic 10.. but for now, let him make mistakes, they happen for a freshman with under 10 games experience... but even when he makes mistakes during a game, we can easily see just as many situations where he shines, you are on point..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (11-22-2018), Gazoo (11-22-2018), SeasonTicketFan (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:34 PM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Cunningham 15 pts, 5 rebounds, 0 assists and 5 turnovers.
Obi 13 pts, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and 0 turnovers.

Love them both, but tonight the nod to Obi.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (11-22-2018), steverino015 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:49 PM
General

Obi seemed much more confident and more aggressive. Gotta like the future.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:55 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Cunningham 15 pts, 5 rebounds, 0 assists and 5 turnovers.
Obi 13 pts, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and 0 turnovers.

Love them both, but tonight the nod to Obi.
Wrong thread, but yeah...Obi!
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 10:04 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Butler is blowing out Middle Tennessee
Old 11-22-2018, 10:35 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
We are rooting for Butler the rest of the season
Old 11-23-2018, 12:28 AM
Brigadier General

Let's see: Hummm, who do I want to win, Butler or Xavier?

Something tells me rooting for Butler will not be too difficult. GO DOGS!
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 10:58 AM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad that UD decided to schedule so many effin' buy games this year, we may end up being better than I expected, and I sure hope that we do not narrowly miss out on a NIT or NCAAT bid due to the ooc schedule.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:20 AM
General

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Too bad that UD decided to schedule so many effin' buy games this year, we may end up being better than I expected, and I sure hope that we do not narrowly miss out on a NIT or NCAAT bid due to the ooc schedule.

When we've got Butler (4-1), Oklahoma (4-1), #4 UVA, #15 Mississippi State, Tulsa (4-1), Georgia Southern (5-0), and #8 Auburn on our OOC schedule. . . you think it's the buy games that might keep us out of the tournament, eh?

Someone who won't change their mind, and won't change the subject. . .

Last edited by Gazoo; 11-23-2018 at 11:23 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-23-2018), longtimefan (11-23-2018), San Diego Flyer (11-23-2018), Sid Louick (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 11:21 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
When we've got Butler, Oklahoma, UVA, Mississippi State, Tulsa, Georgia Southern, and Auburn on our OOC schedule. . . you think it's the buy games that might keep us out of the tournament, eh?

A10 is still 18th in conference rpi as of today...down 11 spots from the historical norm.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:28 AM
General

A10 is still 18th in conference rpi as of today...down 11 spots from the historical norm.

So you think it's going to be the OOC schedule, not the losses to the teams actually on our schedule, that keeps us out? We don't control our own destiny because of our weak OOC schedule, that's what you're saying?

If only we had scheduled better, we could single-handedly bring up the A10 from #19 to #6, thus ensuring our conference would have 5 bids. Curse you, UD administration.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 11:28 AM
General

Gotta beat Oklahoma & Mississippi State and avoid bad losses
Old 11-23-2018, 11:35 AM

When we've got Butler (4-1), Oklahoma (4-1), #4 UVA, #15 Mississippi State, Tulsa (4-1), Georgia Southern (5-0), and #8 Auburn on our OOC schedule. . . you think it's the buy games that might keep us out of the tournament, eh?

And kenpom.com has our ncsos adjusted efficiency margin as #207...I just joined kenpom, so I am not really up to speed...how can our ncsos em be all the way down at #207?

Last edited by ud2; 11-23-2018 at 11:37 AM..