Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2018, 06:29 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wallage View Post
The AAC would put several marquee games on the schedule each year. Even in a down year, UConn at the arena would be a really big deal. Wichita st, UC, Memphis, Temple, SMU are all teams we'd love to play in a H/H and can't get scheduled. The AAC makes for a more fun schedule and just feels more big time to me. I'd also assume someone else from the A10 would jump too, further strengthening the AAC and weakening the A10. All good times until it falls apart, which is a fair point because it's entirely possible in the short to medium term. It's just a risk I'd be willing to explore.

The A10 isn't terrible, and there are lots of other worse places to be. Top quarter of the conference are truly peer bball schools imo. But it's got some serious dead weight pulling it down. Going to tiny, crappy gyms doesn't help anything.
It was hard to get excited about Conference games , aside from Rhode Island , VCU and 1 or 2 others. Playing Memphis, UConn, Temple and others regularly is a BIG Deal. Not sure it' s in the cards.

I wouldn't hate it - we keep holding on to the LaSalle's and Fordhams..... when they really do not belong or fit. Adnthere is little upside or potential in recruiting a Big School to the A10 , unless a UConn or another decides no mas where they are.