Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Just off the Jet

flyEr1 is a jewel in the roughflyEr1 is a jewel in the roughflyEr1 is a jewel in the roughflyEr1 is a jewel in the rough
Duquesne 2018

And just like that we are onto the 3rd game of the year. Another opponent we know a lot about, the Duquesne Dukes. Duquesne is always a tough team for the Flyers, especially on the road. They are currently sitting at 2-1 with wins over Lock Haven, and Valparaiso. They lost big week 1 to a tough UMass team.

With that being said, they only beat Valpo by 2 last Saturday. Valpo is a much improved team from years past but this shows Duquesne is very beatable. That gives me a good idea of where this Duquesne team sits. I will be doing some more digging on the scouting report but I just wanted to start the thread to get the juices going.

This is always a huge week for the Flyers, so I am excited for Saturday!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyEr1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-13-2018), jaburr91 (09-13-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-13-2018), PittsburghFlyer (09-14-2018)
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I am excited too and living in Columbus, is not a far drive to go to the game. I love the closeness to the sideline that the Duquesne visitor seating area gives. I can't believe that Saturday we will be at 25% of our regular season schedule already. It is going way too fast!

Go Flyers and end the OOC Slate 2-1!
Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
PittsburghFlyer (09-14-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,277 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't get to watch the game. It appears the offense will really have to put up some points this year as the defense is a bit less that stout. Davidson put up 91 in their last win, will be an interesting match up, their offense vs our defense. Hard to really get a feel for how we will do in conference because of the wide swing in levels of competition in the OOC for all the conference teams. SDU getting hammered but playing an Ivy.

Last edited by UD62; 09-15-2018 at 10:34 PM..
Old 09-16-2018, 08:01 AM
1st Lieutenant

NYFLYERFAN is on a distinguished road
Biggest takeaway from yesterday’s game was we played a tough talented Duquesne team and were in a position to win at the end. Defense did give up many big plays, can’t have a WR go for 235 yards, he is a stud but there are several stud WR in PFL that’ll be watching film and looking to take advantage. J Christian from Marist, Pace Temple of Butler to name 2. Was impressed with Flyers resilience and never quit attitude. After having ball first and goal from 1 ft line young QB mishandles snap, don’t know why he wasn’t under center, Dukes recover and drive 94 yards for TD. Even NEC announcers said that is nail in coffin. Yet Flyers hung tough and responded, and put themselves in position to win game. Sure they have some things to clean up on both sides of ball but I think this group will get it done. One week at a time. Go Flyers
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NYFLYERFAN For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (09-17-2018), jaburr91 (09-16-2018)