Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
Finish healthy

I am all for the Chigago Chalenge but is anyone else concerned about playing 4 games in 7 days? I know that we need the exposure and that the Marquette game is our biggest non-conf game of the year but this seems like a gruelling stretch. With Chirs Wright being hurt last year and guys coming out of pre season a little banged up I am not sure if the benefits outweight the consequences.
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by number21 View Post
I am all for the Chigago Chalenge but is anyone else concerned about playing 4 games in 7 days? I know that we need the exposure and that the Marquette game is our biggest non-conf game of the year but this seems like a gruelling stretch. With Chirs Wright being hurt last year and guys coming out of pre season a little banged up I am not sure if the benefits outweight the consequences.
I believe this is why they practice all summer isn't it? They will be fine. I am more concerned about the Auburn game then the Marquette game. Marquette has no Inside game. Auburn can stretch your Defense.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Colonel

daytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant future
you just lost a lot of credibility by saying you are more worried about auburn than marquette...
Old 10-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 679 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daytonflyers View Post
you just lost a lot of credibility by saying you are more worried about auburn than marquette...
Agreed...
Old 10-29-2008, 02:49 PM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
There is always concern playing 4 games in 7 days, I do hear ya there.

That is why I feel the first 8 games of the season you may see 11 people or even 12 in the rotation ... soley because of this reason. I just wanted to say that before we have people going INSANE that he is playing way to many players.

I believe once we get past that 8 game mark you will see a cut down to 10 players and maybe even 9 when we hit the month of February.

Also ... worrying about Auburn more than Marquette? Are you freaking kidding me? I am not saying by any means we will blow out Auburn and it is possible they could beat us ... but in no way shape or form are they nearly as good as Marquette.

If we are for real ... beating Auburn has to be a lock ... if not ... it could be an interesting season for the hype this board has on it so far.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Captain

SCFlyer will become famous soon enoughSCFlyer will become famous soon enough
Yeah - at first I thought he was saying, "I'm more worried about Auburn because a loss to Marquette doesn't kill us, whereas a loss to Auburn pretty much shows we're not any good." That sort of thing.

But if you're saying that we should actually be more concerned that we will have a tougher time with Auburn than Marquette, that's absurd.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SCFlyer View Post
Yeah - at first I thought he was saying, "I'm more worried about Auburn because a loss to Marquette doesn't kill us, whereas a loss to Auburn pretty much shows we're not any good." That sort of thing.

But if you're saying that we should actually be more concerned that we will have a tougher time with Auburn than Marquette, that's absurd.
Auburn had injuries like us Last Season. They have a vary good squad, sorry to tell you. They have all played with each other for a while so they have good experience. I'm saying I'm more worried about Auburn because they don't get the credit they deserve and if they beat us it doesn't make us look good at all.