Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Womens Soccer

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Captain

soccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura about
Xavier 3, Flyers 1

The Baujan field magic seems to be gone. X scored early and often. Other than the result I am glad the rivalry is back and with the doubleheader for volleyball it was even smartly scheduled for fans of both schools.
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2016, 12:59 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Game recap: http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29677

It is what it is. Xavier is not great -- if they finish .500 I will be surprised. I could make a case that 6-7 players on the field for Dayton are struggling every game to play at a level commensurate with the A10. And to assume I mean just frosh and sophs would be making a wrong assumption.

Some of the trapping, in-step passing, and communication is lower level D-I right now from too many players. Combine that with some players that take too many plays off and thats how you get to 0-4.

One time tonight a player made a great wall pass -- and just stood and admired it. Had she "gone" in the give-and-go, she'd have been off to the races on the receive pass.

DiTusa called out for a 3-person wall. I heard her say the number 3 at least 2-3 times. How many did she get? Two. This is ridiculous. When the GK yells the number, you give the GK that number. There is not discussion. There is no debate. There is no blind ballot voting on the subject. What the GK says is as if it were the word of God. It is not a democracy back there. And if you are not listening to your GK, what else are you not listening to. Doesnt matter that DiTusa doesnt play much. If you are wearing mittens, you are the BOSS by default back there.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-03-2016), UDBrian (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 07:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
It sounds like the great seniors not only provided a lot of scoring but set the example on how everything should be done, and that is missed.

Feel bad for coach Tucker. He has done a great job and this isn't how he envisioned his final season going
Old 09-03-2016, 07:45 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
I was there. (Saw the UDPride support vehicle from the terrace...)

It seemed like there was miscommunication at times. Now, I'm no expert on Soccer, but when you are doing a bit of a give-and-go type pass, both players need to be on the same page. Numerous times we weren't. The "giver" didn't run forward (or backwards depending), and the "goer" passed to a spot noone was at.

That first header for the goal by Xavier was amazing. UD should have found a way to get in the way of it, but they out jumped us and we had nothing for it.

Watched the Mighty Ducks on 7.3/LAFF recently, and the part about receiving passes sticks with me. "Light hands". It seems our pass receiving, and heck some of our passes in general are just not in the right spot. It's like we attempt to lead our receiver, but it's 10 feet too far for the receiver's speed and the attempt is done.

Also, it would have been nice if we followed on the SOG that hit the goal post. Everyone, including the X goalie, assumed it was out of bounds and just turned around and gave up. The X goalie, after hearing the upright, turned and dove to catch the ball. Not that any UD players were nearby, though.

The ladies need to get a win under their belt to feel good about themselves. Maybe Sunday can be it.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBrian (09-03-2016)