UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2011-2012 Game Threads

2011-2012 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,053 Times in 471 Posts
UD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond repute
Walsh Exhibition Game

Interview with Archie and Josh Benson on the Walsh exhibition game (from the University of Dayton Men's Basketball page).

Dayton Basketball - Walsh Preview
www.youtube.com
It is encouraging that the team has bought into Archie's system and are putting in extra time to be the best they can be. We do have a good group of guys who I believe will be team players.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD Sam For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (10-29-2011), Bonziflyer (10-28-2011), San Diego Flyer (10-28-2011), THirt (10-28-2011)
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
1. We have a lot of guys who can shoot the three this year, but I am really interested in seeing if we are able to get our wings some lanes to drive to the hoop on any kind of consistent basis.
2. I am interested to see who plays most effectively at the 4 and 5 positions. Defense and rebounding production from those spots makes me nervous.
3. I can't wait to see Kevin Dillard in action. Expectations are high after all the chatter.
4. I am interested in seeing what our on the ball pressure looks like. We've had some great defenders the past few years and I am hoping this team can get into some passing lanes and get some steals because it does nit look like we will be strong defending and blocking shots in the post.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gilchrist's Autograph 2 View Post
1. We have a lot of guys who can shoot the three this year, but I am really interested in seeing if we are able to get our wings some lanes to drive to the hoop on any kind of consistent basis.
2. I am interested to see who plays most effectively at the 4 and 5 positions. Defense and rebounding production from those spots makes me nervous.
3. I can't wait to see Kevin Dillard in action. Expectations are high after all the chatter.
4. I am interested in seeing what our on the ball pressure looks like. We've had some great defenders the past few years and I am hoping this team can get into some passing lanes and get some steals because it does nit look like we will be strong defending and blocking shots in the post.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hope your typo of "does nit look like we will be strong..." is not a bad omen of things to come this year...

Or maybe a good omen for post season play. MSG was a lot of fun a couple of years ago, and for this team it might be a good accomplishment.

I, for one, can't wait to see how we do as an underdog this year. Sneak up on them and bite em in the ashcan!

Another mis-typing recently caught my eye. Somebody talked about a team that "towed the line".

Maybe that's what we should do with the freethrow line - not "toe the line" but tow it closer to the basket.

And by the way, Walsh does not look like a pushover to me. A lot of all-state high school guys, admittedly small school all-state, but solid players anyway. And a recent NAIA championship and top ten team.

Good challenge for an exhibition.

Go Flyers! Time to crank it up!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Academy Doolie

UDMARK will become famous soon enoughUDMARK will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gilchrist's Autograph 2 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I have always enjoyed how hard BG teams have played defense. Given Archie's comments that the rotation will include only 7 or 8 players, it may be difficult to play "in your face defense" which may create foul trouble. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Brigadier General

FlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerFanatic08 has a spectacular aura about
this game going to be streamed online?
Old 10-29-2011, 12:32 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
If you look at the schedule on daytonflyers.com it says that the game will be streamed
Old 10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Walsh (Exhibition) Game Thread

The unofficial start of the Archie Miller Era!

Let's go Boys! Go UD!
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glassman (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Major

SHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to behold
The video feed is up but for some reason my picture is all scrambled. Is it like this for anyone else?
Old 10-29-2011, 03:59 PM
1st Lieutenant

udflyerfan is a jewel in the roughudflyerfan is a jewel in the roughudflyerfan is a jewel in the rough
Live Feed

How do you access??
Old 10-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Captain

Glassman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Video feed is up and running... It does not have audio yet though.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold
How about some running commentary and scores from those able to see the game? Many thanks!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Captain

Dayton 9, Walsh 2 - 17:37 remaining in first half
Old 10-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Captain

Dayton 15, Walsh 4 - 16:17 remaining in first half
Old 10-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I hope I can see this whole thing.....I have already lost power twice for short periods of time as a result of the snow here in New Jersey. 8" and counting!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:12 PM
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Woiw, 18-12 UD. In the first four minutes we have already seen some things we feared and some things we hoped for. Kavs with two fouls in the first two minutes, out of the game. Fabs shooting well as everyone else. Dillard looks great. Benson gave up an offensive board for points. Benson scored twice on nice passes, one was a great hook shot.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Captain

Dayton 21, Walsh 12 - 14:22 TO
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
What...is it snowing 3's?
Old 10-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
What...is it snowing 3's?
You would think it was. So far they seem to be hitting from behind the arc.

Dillard fouled shooting a three...
Old 10-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Captain

Dayton 28, Walsh 15 - 11:54 remaining Official TO

Luke already at 11 points
Old 10-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by udflyerfan View Post
How do you access??
Try this link to get to the video feed.

http://www.fansonly.com/schools/dayt.../?media=272423
Old 10-29-2011, 04:26 PM
General of the Air Force

We actually posted up Paul Williams. How many times have we screamed for our team to take advantage of mismatches at the guard position?
Old 10-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Captain

Dayton 36, Walsh 19 - 8:56 remaining in first half
Old 10-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Captain

Dayton 38, Walsh 22 - 7:58 Official TO

Benson with the flush
Old 10-29-2011, 04:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Walsh's 6'9" center has twelve points, not a great omen.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
Josh Parker got the start over Paul Williams at the 2-guard.

The offense looks very good. Grant it, the guys are shooting lights out, which you can't expect all the time, but the guys are playing with more freedom on that side of the ball than I've seen in years. The guys look like they're having a blast, which is nice to see.

We have a very very good pg in Kevin Dillard. One we haven't seen in a UD uniform in a looooooooong time.

Our lack of depth in the post is very very scary. I have a feeling Kav and Benson will have foul issues this year, which will really hurt us.

41-22 UD with just over 7 mins left in the 1st half.

This team will be able to put up some points this year because of Archie's offense.
Mad Props to anthonycharles For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 04:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Benson with 16 points. The last one was a great oop from CJ on the break!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Funny watching what looks like Sean Miller in front of Flyer bench.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
So much for Dayton not being "high-flying" anymore. JB with three monster slams. That no-look oop from CJ was filthy.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Colonel

anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
UD up 45-28.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Captain

Dayton 53, Walsh 37 - at the half
Old 10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Walsh center with 19. Zero post defense.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Colonel

53-37 at the half. Our shooting struggled a little bit in the final 7 minutes, but Paul hit a 3 against the zone coming out of a timeout (nice call by Archie) and Dillard hit a three at the buzzer from WAY out.

Our defense and rebounding don't look real impressive. Love the offense, but our guys are getting beat off the dribble way too much.

Kav needs to stop fouling. He is really big for us this year. We can't have him sitting on the bench most of the game. Already he has 3 fouls.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Like night and day from last year on offense, but sort of the same way on defense.

Luke playing well, Matt struggling again. Dillard is a huge upgrade from what his name.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:03 PM

UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Outrebounded 17 to 11. Inside players have 8 fouls.

7 of 13 on treys.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Colonel

UD up 66-42. A little sloppy in the past couple of minutes, but still hitting the 3 ball. We can't rebound.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:14 PM

Much better movement in the offense but still looks like a lot depends if treys go down.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 05:15 PM

Rebounding and post defense looks poor. If this is the norm will live and die on the three.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 05:18 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
Outrebounded 17 to 11. Inside players have 8 fouls.

7 of 13 on treys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the new Flyers!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Colonel

Lead down to 15. Archie calls a to and doesn't look very happy. Looks like our guys are getting a little winded.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:31 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Our bigs cannot afford to overplay the pass to the post on defense. We are going to have to stay between our man and the hoop.

Benson's hands still are not strong.

Kav gets a put-back. That's his strength.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anthonycharles
Looks like our guys are getting a little winded.
Maybe Archie is practicing them too hard
Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:45 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
It's like every guy has forgot how to play man defense or blockout.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Colonel

86-75 with about 2 minutes left. Turnovers have picked up (I blame it on our guys being tired). Our defense is pretty poor.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 PM

I see a 12 to 15 win team if this is typical. If they don't hit treys they could get blown out by almost anyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 05:56 PM

It's way too early to tell. But today we looked like one of our buy-in opponents.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Colonel

The freedom of the offense is nice, but some of it is a little too free. Too many 3's being chucked up at inopportune times. It starts and ends with defense and rebounding. If we don't do either, we aren't going to win many games.

Dillard is a very very good offensive player. But, he leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive side of the floor. The rollercoaster ride has begun.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:58 PM

Hence the caveat of if today is typical. They have a looooooonnnnnggg way to go to make the a10 tourney.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 06:05 PM

I am not disappointed. This team looks equal to last year. Dillard will be a plus and just as weak as that other kid on D. The same exact weak center play as last year, but Alex will be a better player long term than Searcy was. Josh Benson may be equal to Chris. Overall about the same.

Paul Williams and Chris Johnson did very little today, but it was not a real game, so we give them a pass. What was up with Paul's free throws and that terrible shot near the end of the game?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM

The concerning part is what looked really bad aren't things that take cohesion and learning a system. Keep the ball in front of you, don't reach and foul, box out and rebound. The offensive sloppiness can be cured. But the other things indicate stopping other teams will be real tough.

Saw nothing from nonseniors other than Dillard and benson.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 06:10 PM

Offensive highlight = no weave.
Defensive highlight = our centers not hedging out 25 feet.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (10-29-2011), shocka43 (10-29-2011), UD Sam (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 06:28 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Any comments on alex, oliver and Hill?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM

They may as well have the way they got destroyed on the boards by a much smaller and not particularly good rebounding team. Right now it looks like 2013-2014 to be competitive. Sean is right. Next two years will be real tough. Next year (can't believe I am thinking that far ahead) could be real tough. Not the coaching, it's the jimmies and joes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 PM
General of the Air Force

I think this game probably showed our current strengths and weaknesses really well.

This board and archie expected that rebounding will be a problem with this team and it is a huge problem right now. We can say that they need to get tougher but if you aren't born with that mindset it might not be easy to develop it.

We have hoped that Kavs and Josh would be much improved. This offense obviously fits Josh's athleticism, he should have a good year. I don't know about Kavs, he was worn out on defense and if he gets into early foul trouble we are in trouble.

We have hoped that Dillard would save us at point guard and it appears that is the case.

I think defense will improve. The help defense was non existent.

I think the team was really tired but they need to get used to those minutes, that is how the season will go.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:35 PM

See above. Saw nothing from nonseniors othe than Dillard or Benson to show they can play at this level. Oliver can pass but liittle else. Alex is lost on offense and got killed on defense and boards. Hill showed nothing. He looks too slow and short to play at this level. Almost unfair to say based on his limited time but he might be better suited in D2.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2011, 06:45 PM

I agree with this showing what moat expected. Much better designed offense. And rebounding and post defense, well defense in general, will be a problem. Also confirmed depth is an issue. Only about 6 guys max are contributors on a top level A10 team. And only Dillard and cj are top level A10.

The surprising thing to me was just how bad defense and rebounding was and that despite better design and movement the offense is totally dependent on the break and knocking down treys. Despite the better design on O right now this is last year. Sometimes the more things change the more they stay the sa
e. Combine with worse defense and rebounding and if thus typical it will be a bleak year
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by UDDoug; 10-29-2011 at 06:47 PM..
Old 10-29-2011, 07:09 PM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I'll hold off judgement too much, in the end its just 1 exhibition games. Keep in mind how many ranked teams lose to similar teams every exhibition season. Seems like there's 2-3 ranked teams that go down early. Coaches work on different things, a team like Walsh is generally going to play with more purpose, and in this case more familarity with their system than UD.

I listened to the game, didn't get to see. It sounded like there was a lot of crisp passing, action into the post, etc.... Defense and foul trouble for Kav were problems. Both can be fixed, if Archie is up to it. Its way too early, and way to meaningless to take anything more from this game. Get some things on tap vs an opponent that doesn't know what's coming to show the players what they did well and what they need to work on.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (10-30-2011), UD Sam (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Captain

BGFlyerFan25 is infamous around these partsBGFlyerFan25 is infamous around these parts
Medford i'll agree one thing with you....teams lose to teams they shouldnt in exhibition games...howeever those are usually Div2 teams. This was a NAIA team. Kind of like Cedarville/Urbana/ect....IMO this team shouldnt have been able to even compete with Dayton. When a NAIA big man goes for 30 on our inside guys thats not a good sign. If he can do that imagine what the A10 5 spots and Big East/ACC/SEC teams are going to be able to do that weak inside game.

This team will have to live and die by the 3. You can't rely on Kavs to stay out of foul trouble (which he was in tonite) Benson to put up 23 a game (NAIA team) and Frenchie looked lost. When you get out rebounded by a NAIA team inside this isn't a great sign. Dont tell me they dont focus on rebounding prior to the season because honestly i think every coach wants to win the battle of the boards. Winning the battle of the boards is all a mentality and physicality. If we dont win the battle with this team who will we win the boards against this year?

Unfortunately, i agree with whoever posted above 12-15 wins. This year and next could very well be very long years to be UD fans. Patience is what Sean said...listen to Sean he's trying to prepare us fans prior to the season since he's seen game tape.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going against the grain here. I was at the game and we are tremendously improved on offense and in particularly the pg position-no more 50% ft shooting from the pg. We certainly have alot to work on, but now we have several very good outside shooters (because 2 of our worst outside shooters from last year are now gone). Look for our overall offense to be improved.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:34 PM

UD made threes today. They won't shoot above 50% out there every game. And if they don't and otherwise play like today the offense won't be much improved. It will look prettier, and be a better offense. Won't be more effective because of skill sets
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by UDDoug; 10-30-2011 at 10:17 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 07:49 PM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BGFlyerFan25 View Post
Medford i'll agree one thing with you....teams lose to teams they shouldnt in exhibition games...howeever those are usually Div2 teams. This was a NAIA team. Kind of like Cedarville/Urbana/ect....IMO this team shouldnt have been able to even compete with Dayton. When a NAIA big man goes for 30 on our inside guys thats not a good sign. If he can do that imagine what the A10 5 spots and Big East/ACC/SEC teams are going to be able to do that weak inside game.

This team will have to live and die by the 3. You can't rely on Kavs to stay out of foul trouble (which he was in tonite) Benson to put up 23 a game (NAIA team) and Frenchie looked lost. When you get out rebounded by a NAIA team inside this isn't a great sign. Dont tell me they dont focus on rebounding prior to the season because honestly i think every coach wants to win the battle of the boards. Winning the battle of the boards is all a mentality and physicality. If we dont win the battle with this team who will we win the boards against this year?

Unfortunately, i agree with whoever posted above 12-15 wins. This year and next could very well be very long years to be UD fans. Patience is what Sean said...listen to Sean he's trying to prepare us fans prior to the season since he's seen game tape.
Well a top 25 D1 team, UD is not this season, so I think the D2 thing swings both ways. At any rate, I agree there are things to be concerned about, but its far too early to read greatly into things and predict this is a 12-15 win team. It may very well be, but we have no idea if Archi had them up early this morning, running hard and they're legs were a little tired, hence poor defense. Something you'd never do in a game that counted, but perhaps something a coach would do in an exhibition game to get the kids used to playing with tired legs. I have no idea if this is the case, but I do know there was a quote somewhere that he ran them pretty hard for 90 minutes in the morning prior to the Red & Blue game.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Captain

BGFlyerFan25 is infamous around these partsBGFlyerFan25 is infamous around these parts
medford your right its early to predict however, its one thing to run guys 90 minutes before an exhibition against each other in a game that only the fans are looking for offense....they dont care about defense. However, you put a team on the court against an opponent with tired legs then your asking to lose. Maybe AM doesnt care if they win exhibitions games but i guarantee you he dont want to lose because he know how much talk there would be around the program and from fan support. Maybe he had his brother basically say in the paper this week there's going to be growing pains so he wouldnt have to....who knows...
Old 10-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I'm going against the grain here. I was at the game and we are tremendously improved on offense and in particularly the pg position-no more 50% ft shooting from the pg. We certainly have alot to work on, but now we have several very good outside shooters (because 2 of our worst outside shooters from last year are now gone). Look for our overall offense to be improved.
Yes, perhaps we are improved at the PG position, however Mr. Dillard certainly likes to shoot. There were a number of occasions in which he should have made a pass and he chose a three pointer. That fact concerns me, especially when teammates were wide open.
I don't know what game others were watching but I for one liked the play of Devin Oliver, particularly on defense. He was one of the few guys who did not get beat off the dribble. Mr. Dillard was beaten by an NAIA point guard on a number of occasions. I think we are going to need him to play well in order to make the A-10 tournament.
Like everyone else on this board, I too worry about the front court. But this is not something new with me. If you check my posts for the last two years I constantly mentioned the need to recruit a wide body (No not a Des type). Someone who can keep us in the rebounding game. The idea of Kav, JB, Luke, and now the G man being the core of our rebounding game is scary.

That's my two cents.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:30 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
NAIA or not....

2005 - NAIA DIVISION II NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

2006 - NAIA "ELITE 8"

2007 - "Sweet 16"

2008 - "Sweet 16"

2009 - NAIA National Qualifier

2010 - NAIA National Runner-Up

These guys should play us tough. They aren't a slouch.

The post player, 33, was a good player. Lefty and had some good moves. Pretty crafty. Whether or not he was that good, or our interior D was that poor, is yet to be seen. Unfortuantely, that is a weakness of ours, the interior.

Overall thoughts. I like the offense. It allows for guys to be free in the O and create. This was evident in JB's play...much of it came off if his hustle as well as the fact the guards found him off penetration. It wasn't scripted. I would have rather had KD at the point than JS last year...just sayin'. I also like the fact we hedged screens to "flatten out" instead of to stop the dribble reversal. Unfortunately, our off ball help side was poor. The ball was on the opposite corner from PW on a possession and he wasn't even in the lane on the backside. You can't do that. I don't know if they are scared of the skip pass or they are jut out of position. We will see in the future. Our interior D was weak. This was expected. The post D is going to have to be a team effort for sure, with plenty of weakside help.

All in all, I think they are going to be fine from what we saw on the offensive end. There were some forced shots, but I think the movement is going to allow guys to score. Conditioning will come...considering they weren't used to playing more than 6 minutes for the past 8 seasons. Findlay usually plays us tough, so we will see how that one plays out.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD Sam (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 08:49 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LI Flyer View Post
Yes, perhaps we are improved at the PG position, however Mr. Dillard certainly likes to shoot.
took only 7 shots in 29 minutes, had 6 assists. He didn't shoot nearly as much as the last PG.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-30-2011), shocka43 (10-29-2011), UD Sam (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
...Almost unfair to say based on his limited time but he might be better suited in D2.
Posted via Mobile Device
Almost unfair? No, it's completely unfair.

Last edited by UDEE79; 10-29-2011 at 10:06 PM..
Mad Props to UDEE79 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-30-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 10:16 PM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Hill showed nothing. He looks too slow and short to play at this level. Almost unfair to say based on his limited time but he might be better suited in D2.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hard to say that considering the Stafford Shoot the Rock to Win the Rock guys got more shots off than he did last year.

RH and AG are in a position to where tonight is the beginning of where they are actually going to see some time on the floor. RH may be behind the others, which is noted by him not getting much time early on. AG looked a step slow as well, but I think that both will make contributions.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2011-12 Rhode Island Rams. Oh wait, wrong board (but maybe the right identity).
Old 10-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,053 Times in 471 Posts
UD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't condemn Hill to the bench yet. The kid only played 23 minutes last year and wasn't able to practice this summer due to an injury. His stats last year weren't bad: 8 rebounds, 1 block, 13 points, 50% FG.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:32 PM

Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Harris answered the Hill question and it doesn't sound good

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...cxtype=feedbot
Old 10-30-2011, 09:51 AM

I think there is still a lot unsaid about Ralph. Does he have a bad motor? Is he not motivated? Does he not have skills? Or is he behind the curve due to injury---more than effort?

"He needs to show more in practice", leaves quite a window to spin.

He is not Desmond Adideji yet.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
What I've seen consistently to this point is a player that is either disinterested in defense or unable to understand his assignements with a predilection to jack up threes.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Regardless of reason the last coach put him at the end of the rotation, the same place the current coach has him in the same spot in a much shorter rotation. Archie has already said he sees them being able to use an 8 to 9 man rotation to Harris. Others have heard it as 8 maybe 9.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
The observations noted above have been of keen interest and are much appreciated, especially since this is the first glimpse of AM's style and how our kids are responding to it in a game atmosphere. From what I've read, it seems the offensive flow is significantly improved over past years, but our defensive effort leaves a lot to be desired. While this provides a first look at UD under AM's tutelage, we really shouldn't take this game and even attempt to extrapolate how this will play out for the upcoming season. This is our first exhibition game, the first time these kids have had a chance to play against anyone other than themselves and the first real look the coaches have had an opportunity to see how the kids react in game-time situations. The coaches should be able to use film of this (hopefully effectively) in further individual instruction and team practices. I remember when Syracuse lost to Le Moyne a couple of years ago and everyone was shocked, but they had a pretty good season after all. As was mentioned, Walsh was a pretty good opponent for an initial outing and the Findlay game should help provide some good competition to see what adjustments AM has made in working out some of the kinks in our defense. Overall, from what most Priders have posted, it sounds like a pretty positive beginning and the kids seem to be responding well to AM's style of play. However, this team will, in all likelihood, be a work in progress and hopefully, we'll be clicking pretty good when conference play begins...but I'd caution against getting too up or too down based on the first few games, let alone exhibition games.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 AM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Bat-very good observations. I would add that we need to keep in mind that AM was playing with different lineups throughout to get a feel of different combinations-this was afterall an exhibition game. The one observation is that we will be a much better outside shooting team than last year. Remember, we lost our worst 2 outside shooters from last year's team (CW and JS)-this means better shooters will now be taking a higher % of these shots. It's not always the shot, but who nthe shooter is that counts.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:31 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Sea Bass View Post
took only 7 shots in 29 minutes, had 6 assists. He didn't shoot nearly as much as the last PG.
I think LI was watching a different game. Dilliard by no means over shot the ball. In fact, the way he shoots, I hope he shoots more. The kid has a very nice stroke.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by UD Sam View Post
I wouldn't condemn Hill to the bench yet. The kid only played 23 minutes last year and wasn't able to practice this summer due to an injury. His stats last year weren't bad: 8 rebounds, 1 block, 13 points, 50% FG.
One of the announcers mentioned Ralph is overweight from his injury. That of course is a two edged sword because sure it is an reason but 'get motivated Ralph and get away from the table and get in shape.'
Old 10-31-2011, 06:26 AM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I couldn't watch the game. It sounds like they are having trouble driving and getting the ball into the post on offense, they are shooting too many outside shots. Why are they having these problems? Also, on defense, it sounds like rebounding and interior defense are problems. Are these problems system related or are they personnell related? Do people feel like these offensive and defensive issues would be present if BG were still here? With Gibson and Henton, some of these problems might be better, but I'm much more hopeful for the future with AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 AM

In my opinion it is personnel. System on offense is much better.

Hard to tell what it would be like if Gregory was here because Henton and Gibson would be too. No clue if they would be ready to play as frosh but their skill sets are exactly what is missing personnel wise. Besides depth at point.

Regardless the BG ship has sailed. And the change is good. Enough .500 play in A10. The next couple of years might be below that. But a step or two backward might be required to move forward.

Archie's brother is spot on with his commentary.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I couldn't watch the game. It sounds like they are having trouble driving and getting the ball into the post on offense, they are shooting too many outside shots. Why are they having these problems? Also, on defense, it sounds like rebounding and interior defense are problems. Are these problems system related or are they personnell related? Do people feel like these offensive and defensive issues would be present if BG were still here? With Gibson and Henton, some of these problems might be better, but I'm much more hopeful for the future with AM.
I didn't see that...some players had weaknesses with their handles as they have their whole career...post play wasn't for a lack of getting the ball into the post...it was a lack of strength inside...

JB's play was a result of his effort, running the floor, and getting him the ball going to the rim. It wasn't necessarily because of back to the basket moves...JB's play is how they are going to have to play in the post.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-01-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Walsh Plus/Minus

Individual Plus/Minus Stats
Code:
 ud | plunus | time  | effect  
----+--------+-------+---------
 KD |     27 | 28:59 |  37.263
 JB |     23 | 19:21 |  47.545
 CJ |     20 | 28:15 |  28.319
 LF |     15 | 16:56 |  35.433
 JP |      4 | 25:52 |   6.186
 BV |      2 | 00:23 | 208.696
 MA |      2 | 00:23 | 208.696
 RH |      2 | 06:02 |  13.260
 MK |     -2 | 14:10 |  -5.647
 DO |     -5 | 21:10 |  -9.449
 PW |     -8 | 21:04 | -15.190
 AG |    -10 | 17:25 | -22.967
Lineup Plus/Minus Stats
Code:
       lineup       | count | plunus | time 
--------------------+-------+--------+------
 KD, JB, CJ, JP, LF |     3 |     14 | 6:49
 KD, DO, PW, LF, AG |     2 |      8 | 3:26
 KD, CJ, JP, LF, AG |     2 |     -2 | 2:50
 DO, JP, PW, AG, MK |     2 |     -8 | 3:37
 DO, JP, PW, LF, AG |     2 |     -9 | 2:57
 JB, CJ, DO, JP, PW |     1 |      4 | 2:32
 KD, CJ, JP, MK, RH |     1 |      4 | 2:2
 KD, CJ, DO, PW, MK |     1 |      2 | 2:13
Plus Minus Primer: http://www.udpride.com/forums/showpo...54&postcount=3

Last edited by Figgie123; 11-02-2011 at 12:39 PM..
Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,569 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
My favorite Benson move of the night was that turn around half hook shot he made from the middle of the lane about 5 feet out. He made that move going parallel to the baseline, and then pivoting and shooting over his left shoulder. That is the kind of move I think he could make his go-to move. It's almost impossible to block with his long arms and leaping ability. The only question is wheter he can create the space to make the move in the lane without getting bullied away from the hoop.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I didn't see that...some players had weaknesses with their handles as they have their whole career...post play wasn't for a lack of getting the ball into the post...it was a lack of strength inside...

JB's play was a result of his effort, running the floor, and getting him the ball going to the rim. It wasn't necessarily because of back to the basket moves...JB's play is how they are going to have to play in the post.
I agree. Give josh the ball as he is going through the post. He can catch the ball and shoot before someone pushes him out of the lane. We won't know for sure about Josh until he matches up with some bigger guys though
Old 11-02-2011, 01:10 PM

the interesting part to me of the plus/minus is the 2nd chart.

When KD was at the point +26
When JP was at the point -13

IMO those two numbers flow onto all the individual others.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 PM

Wink KD--get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids

We may struggle some anyway, but all signs point to an injury to one particular player would spell curtains for any hopes of UD overachieving this season.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,569 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
We may struggle some anyway, but all signs point to an injury to one particular player would spell curtains for any hopes of UD overachieving this season.
I was very impressed with KD. I think he is both our best player and the key to making the offense flow. I think if he goes down, we are in big trouble.