Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-04-2022, 09:24 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Battle 4 Atlantis - 2022

FYI - Dayton tickets for B4A 2022 are almost sold out. Just baseline and corner-sideline seats left. If you were thinking of going - time is running out.

And if KU wins tonight - the remainder may go quickly.
Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (04-04-2022)
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2022, 11:49 PM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Explain what Dayton tickets and Kansas winning tonight have in common ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2022, 11:54 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,137 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I think it means that the defending national champion will be there. Best tourney out there.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:55 PM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Once again what’s that have to do with Dayton tickets ? I didn’t make the post I’m just trying to understand what Kansas winning or losing has to do with Dayton tickets
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2022, 12:03 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
Once again what’s that have to do with Dayton tickets ? I didn’t make the post I’m just trying to understand what Kansas winning or losing has to do with Dayton tickets
Posted via Mobile Device
It was a prediction. More people will want to see Dayton playing Kansas, so tickets will sell more quickly.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:08 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton Kansas 3 - The rubber match
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-05-2022), hawkoooo (04-05-2022), jack72 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 12:16 AM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Posted via Mobile Device
Shocker you do not understand something. This must be a first.

It means those on the fence of going may be pushed over with the chance to see the national champion. Add to that we beat KU last tournament and it makes for good drama.

Finally KU fans can not register on their own - so some of them will go and register for the All session passes. So Rooms could be going quickly as well.

But the fact you can not understand the extra desire for UD alum to see a potential match up with the reigning national champ really is amazing.
Flyer 86 (07-07-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 12:21 AM
Colonel

So u think UD fans were sitting around tonight and their decision on going to B4A hinged on Kansas winning ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2022, 12:23 AM
Major

In the way too early poll from ESPN for next season - They have 3 of the 8 teams in the top 20.

4th - KU
14th - Tennessee
18th - UD

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2022-23
Old 04-05-2022, 12:26 AM
Major

So u think UD fans were sitting around tonight and their decision on going to B4A hinged on Kansas winning ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes I do - I talked to a few that had been to Atlantis last time and Hawaii - and yes - a few of them were on the fence. Maybe if you went to said events you would know how it goes. Oh wait - you don't like the coach - that's right. So never mind.

But for the rest if you were thinking about it - don't think too long - the number of tickets is getting pretty small.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:28 AM
Colonel

You got no clue ! I’ll guarantee I’ve been to more tournaments and away games in the last 5 years not counting the two COVID years than you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2022, 12:57 AM
Major

You got no clue ! I’ll guarantee I’ve been to more tournaments and away games in the last 5 years not counting the two COVID years than you
Posted via Mobile Device
If true and you still do not get why having the national champ at the tournament is important - then you are the one sir that has no clue. That or you just like being well yourself all the time.
Flyer 86 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 09:02 AM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
In addition to who podcast listed Wisconsin always seems to find a way to be a tourney caliber team. BYU seems to always be an NIT caliber or better team

Gonna great opportunity to get some quality wins and put UD in the national conversation and Top 25
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2022, 09:29 AM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Parrish has UD 23rd, SLU 26th and USC at 21 (in addition to Kansas at 8 and Tennessee at 10). As OSU flyer said, BYU is always solid, Wisconsin, assuming Johnny Davis remains committed to the Draft losses a ton, NC State was dreadful, but young and Butler has Matta back at the helm for some intrigue.

I could see the matchups being played out like this:

Kansas - NC State ------ Dayton - Wisconsin
|
|
Tennessee - Butler ------ USC - BYU

USC - BYU would work as the late game for those on the West Coast, sets up a potential Kansas v Dayton part 3, not sure if there are any story lines for Tenn v Butler aside from Matta's return.

edit: Can't get the format to work correctly for whatever reason, but I think you get the drift; UD as the 4/5 winner to take on Kansas (most likely) in round 2.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:35 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and preseason polls do matter for someone like UD. Free pub is always a good thing, its something you can sell any potential transfer (hey look at all these people that think we're a top 20ish team, its not just me blowing smoke but we are legit 2nd weekend of the tournament good right now, and maybe final 4 good with your help....) Its also something they can sell the 2023 recruits on, many of whom will sign prior to the start of next season's game. I want UD to be ranked in every poll that exist both preseason and in season. If you want to shoot for the stars and be like Gonzaga, you've got to raise expectations. When was the last time Gonzaga wasn't ranked preseason? When was the last time they weren't ranked in season?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-05-2022), NJFlyr71 (04-05-2022), podcast411 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 11:12 AM
Major

Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Oh, and preseason polls do matter for someone like UD. Free pub is always a good thing, its something you can sell any potential transfer (hey look at all these people that think we're a top 20ish team, its not just me blowing smoke but we are legit 2nd weekend of the tournament good right now, and maybe final 4 good with your help....) Its also something they can sell the 2023 recruits on, many of whom will sign prior to the start of next season's game. I want UD to be ranked in every poll that exist both preseason and in season. If you want to shoot for the stars and be like Gonzaga, you've got to raise expectations. When was the last time Gonzaga wasn't ranked preseason? When was the last time they weren't ranked in season?
Well said indeed. Being ranked is much much better that not being ranked regardless of when the poll is released. It is great seeing all the preseason love right now.

IGWT
Old 04-05-2022, 11:51 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I’m not sure UD doesn’t end up being the 3 seed on merit and also set up the potential for a KU UD final.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2022, 12:24 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Things I didn't need today - a UDPride post from udscott about him having a bigger _____ than another poster.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:55 PM
Major

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Things I didn't need today - a UDPride post from udscott about him having a bigger _____ than another poster.
UDscott will always win the biggest ____ award on this forum.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
UDscott will always win the biggest ____ award on this forum.
RabidK9 says "hold my Truly"
Old 04-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Lieutenant General

FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
I’m not sure UD doesn’t end up being the 3 seed on merit and also set up the potential for a KU UD final.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you mean in the Battle 4 Atlantis or in March next year?
Old 04-05-2022, 01:43 PM
General

@cbb_central
National champion Kansas is headed to the 2023 Maui Invitational, source tells @SINow.

Full field:

Gonzaga
Kansas
Marquette
Purdue
Syracuse
Tennessee
UCLA
Chaminade
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2022, 02:09 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
@cbb_central
National champion Kansas is headed to the 2023 Maui Invitational, source tells @SINow.

Full field:

Gonzaga
Kansas
Marquette
Purdue
Syracuse
Tennessee
UCLA
Chaminade
Posted via Mobile Device
That seems like a pretty quick turnaround time for Kansas to go to Maui again. Isn't there a rule in place that they can only be invited back after so many seasons? So Kansas will have played in Maui after only 4 years.

Great field though.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:15 PM
Lieutenant General

@cbb_central

Full field:

Gonzaga
Kansas
Marquette
Purdue
Syracuse
Tennessee
UCLA
Chaminade
Posted via Mobile Device
Terrible field, imo. These tournaments are often the only way good mid-majors can play teams in the major conferences. Here they're all just playing each other. Other than Gonzaga, who no longer needs any help scheduling.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 02:20 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Terrible field, imo. These tournaments are often the only way good mid-majors can play teams in the major conferences. Here they're all just playing each other. Other than Gonzaga, who no longer needs any help scheduling.
Yeah, didn't think of it that way. Very competitive field, but not good for college basketball as a whole.

So basically, Maui decided to include the Zags plus every power 5 conference plus the Big East plus their token Hawaiian team.

However, if they keep that pattern up, I'm guessing in a couple years, Dayton will be the team they have instead of the Zags which would be good for us.

Last edited by Smitty10; 04-05-2022 at 02:24 PM..
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-16-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 02:41 PM
General

I think the rule is no more than once every 4 seasons. So they went in 2019 so 2020, 21, & 22 off back after 4 years in 2023.

Mauii is the creme de la creme of their showcase tournaments, and with Covid messing up everything the last 2 seasons; I'm sure there were many schools that haven't been in a while chomping at the bit to return there in awhile.

Gonzaga - 5 years
Marquette - 6
Purdue - 9
Cuse - 10
UCLA - 4
Tennessee - 12

All these teams/conferences have contracts with ESPN, I'm guessing part of that contract (either explicitly or implied) is that someone from their conference will be in Mauii every year. Big East might be an exception, not sure they have a TV deal with ESPN, but ACC, B10, B12, SEC and P12 all have contracts and all have top level teams. Throw in Chaminade and that leaves 2 spots for teams outside of the P5 plus Chaminade. UD has positioned itself well by having a tremoudous fan following that I'd like to think UD would be in the picture every 6-8 seasons as a way of saying thanks for filling up the seats at so many other venues.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:42 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I believe Dayton is slotted for 2024.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:05 PM
General

Looks like Charleston or Myrtle Beach for 2023
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 12:34 AM

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Flyer fans realize just how rare and special it is for a non P6 MBB program to participate exclusively in the 4-5 Tier-1 in-season basketball tournaments on an annual basis. Even solid BCS schools slip into a second tier tourney now and again. Not Dayton. We have standing invitations every four years to the tournaments only Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, and Michigan State agree to play in. We aren't ever going to be playing in South Padre Island. Ft Myers, or Virgin Islands. Even Auburn has to play in Cancun next season.

There's maybe only 20 programs in the country that receive this exclusive "members only" access every year to the best tourneys, and a bigly part of the reason is the cabbage Dayton fans bring to these events. Money talks and butts in the seats makes for good TV. That UD tends to overachieve at these events also makes the games more compelling.

I do recall a convo either first or secondhand from an Orlando ESPN Events organizer about Dayton being penciled in every 4yrs unless told otherwise. Im not dismissing the work Neil and the AD do to stay on top of it and politic as needed, but of all the challenges on their plate, this is easier than most.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-23-2022), CoffeeCan (04-06-2022), Flyer 86 (04-06-2022), FlyingArrow (04-06-2022), Fudd (04-06-2022), fuz_forward (04-06-2022), JimBo (04-06-2022), Marysville Flyer (04-06-2022), Medford (04-06-2022), podcast411 (04-06-2022), Sea Bass (04-06-2022), The Fly (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 03:33 AM
General

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
I hope Flyer fans realize just how rare and special it is for a non P6 MBB program to participate exclusively in the 4-5 Tier-1 in-season basketball tournaments on an annual basis. Even solid BCS schools slip into a second tier tourney now and again. Not Dayton. We have standing invitations every four years to the tournaments only Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, and Michigan State agree to play in. We aren't ever going to be playing in South Padre Island. Ft Myers, or Virgin Islands. Even Auburn has to play in Cancun next season.

There's maybe only 20 programs in the country that receive this exclusive "members only" access every year to the best tourneys, and a bigly part of the reason is the cabbage Dayton fans bring to these events. Money talks and butts in the seats makes for good TV. That UD tends to overachieve at these events also makes the games more compelling.

I do recall a convo either first or secondhand from an Orlando ESPN Events organizer about Dayton being penciled in every 4yrs unless told otherwise. Im not dismissing the work Neil and the AD do to stay on top of it and politic as needed, but of all the challenges on their plate, this is easier than most.
You’re 100% right. Look at the events St. Louis plays in

Just another massive advantage UD has over schools like La Salle
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 09:12 AM
General

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
I believe Dayton is slotted for 2024.

That would be nice; UNC is scheduled to be in Mauii in 2014 not sure about anyone else.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 09:14 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
My prediction is us and Kansas will have to meet on day three. I would also prefer that be the case because day two is Thanksgiving day. We could have one hell of a game watch on that Friday if we play Kansas. I’m also interested to see how ESPN schedules these games in light of the US England game on Black Friday. that will certainly shift their football scheduling responsibilities around for that day, which thus affects basketball.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2022, 09:21 AM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Thumbs down

Posted via Mobile Device
Will never have to read anything from this social loser ...who poses as a UD Alumni/Fan...UDSCOTTY

I now feel better...your BLOCKED...bye
Old 04-06-2022, 09:33 AM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Smile Instructions for Block/Ignore UDPRIDE Poster

Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
Will never have to read anything from this social loser ...who poses as a UD Alumni/Fan...UDSCOTTY

Block/Ignore Instructions (for those tired of reading a UDPRIDE members posts)

Home Page..USER CP…Listed under SETTINGS & OPTIONS…EDIT IGNORE LIST…Fill in the Box ADD A MEMBER TO YOUR LIST…

You will now never have to read another Message from an Internet Troll!!!
Old 04-06-2022, 09:35 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Block/Ignore Instructions (for those tired of reading a UDPRIDE members posts)

Home Page..USER CP…Listed under SETTINGS & OPTIONS…EDIT IGNORE LIST…Fill in the Box ADD A MEMBER TO YOUR LIST…

You will now never have to read another Message from an Internet Troll!!!
Thanks, you're blocked!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-07-2022), UDTradition (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 09:38 AM
Major

Thumbs up ... never thought a post would backfire on me ... well done! LOL
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (04-06-2022), m21eagle45 (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 09:46 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up ... never thought a post would backfire on me ... well done! LOL
haha all good, I don't actually block anyone, just like saying it. Just a heads up, if anyone quotes UDScott you will still see it.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 04-06-2022 at 09:48 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (04-06-2022), UDTradition (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 03:50 PM
Colonel

Hysterical
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2022, 04:31 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute

I consider Maui to be "Dayton West". We own that island.

I propose that we build a new UD Arena on Maui and that we all move there. We can sacrifice udscott in a volcano.

Last edited by Fudd; 04-06-2022 at 04:37 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-07-2022), UDTradition (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 05:58 PM
Major

Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I consider Maui to be "Dayton West". We own that island.

I propose that we build a new UD Arena on Maui and that we all move there. We can sacrifice udscott in a volcano.
Also don't forget in Maui - we also have a little advantage over others being the host school is a fellow Marianist. Not that that helps with the other tournaments. That is 100% those of us that travel there. But we should give at least a few % credit per Maui to the Society of Mary - just saying.
UDTradition (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 07:02 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
I would be shocked if Chaminade has .01% influence on who is invited to that tournament. I may be wrong.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:14 PM
Just off the Jet

vonde009 is a jewel in the roughvonde009 is a jewel in the roughvonde009 is a jewel in the roughvonde009 is a jewel in the rough
where is the link to buy game tickets?
Old 04-06-2022, 08:37 PM
General

Originally Posted by sheg View Post
I would be shocked if Chaminade has .01% influence on who is invited to that tournament. I may be wrong.
I think they used to but I believe the last time we were out there they said former Wake coach Dave Odom and ESPN put it together
Old 04-06-2022, 10:21 PM
Major

Originally Posted by vonde009 View Post
where is the link to buy game tickets?

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/mb4a

Here you go.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:25 PM
General

You can think of former Wake Forest coach Dave Odom as the maestro of Maui

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...#storylink=cpy
Old 04-07-2022, 01:06 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future

We also have to acknowledge the role our strong fan base and how well it travels plays in our invitations.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:34 PM

Thanked 2,206 Times in 972 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up From the Ideal Travel year Fanatics Facebook page

Finally received necessary information about an important detail regarding the Battle 4 Atlantis in November. Ideal Travel will be releasing a package soon (but not quite yet...)
Old 04-07-2022, 09:56 PM
Major

Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Finally received necessary information about an important detail regarding the Battle 4 Atlantis in November. Ideal Travel will be releasing a package soon (but not quite yet...)
Honestly it might be tooo late.

Again for UD tickets it is down to just the Endline and sideline corner seats.

There were 5 different packages when they started:
Endline $120
Sideline Corner $142
MidCourt $241
Premium Sideline Corner $181
Premium $494

Dayton and KU are both down to just the Endline and Sideline Corner

These five have all 5 remaining
Butler
BYU
NC State
Tenn
USC

Wisconsin - has only sold out on Premium Sideline Corner - but has the other 4 packages still available. That makes sense - Wisconsin had a good turn out in 2019 at B4A.

But clearly at this point the two biggest groups will be UD and KU - again not surprising.

But what is surprising is that Ideal Travel has not released a package already.
Flyer 86 (07-07-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 02:15 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
@cbb_central

Full field:

Gonzaga
Kansas
Marquette
Purdue
Syracuse
Tennessee
UCLA
Chaminade
Posted via Mobile Device
Better get your tickets ASAP before they sell out now that Kansas won.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:22 PM
Just off the Jet

vonde009 is a jewel in the roughvonde009 is a jewel in the roughvonde009 is a jewel in the roughvonde009 is a jewel in the rough
https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/mb4a

Here you go.
Thanks! Is there options to just buy the tickets and not the hotel/travel package?
Old 04-09-2022, 03:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vonde009 View Post
Thanks! Is there options to just buy the tickets and not the hotel/travel package?
I’ve read that at this point you have to purchase the package thru Atlantis. In other years they’ve opened up tickets to the public shortly before the event.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
vonde009 (04-09-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 08:53 AM
Major

FYI - Tickets from Southwest just opened up this morning for all of November. Book your tickets ASAP.
We have ours and are all set for B4A.
Flyer 86 (06-17-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 04:40 PM
Major

Update on B4A tickets available for each school.

Butler - All 5 packages still available
BYU - All 5 packages still available
Dayton - OLNY the Endline seats - almost sold out.
Kansas - 3 packages still available
NC State - All 5 packages still available
USC - All 5 packages still available
Tenn - All 5 packages still available
Wisconsin - 4 packages still available - just sold out Endline Premium.

In short - UD has far more people coming right now then any other school - including KU. It should be 3 home games at this point.

If you are going - you best get your tickets now before our tickets are all sold out.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-07-2022), Sticks 'n Stearns (07-06-2022), walkon (07-06-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 08:04 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
I am going to the tournament in November with Leslie Gonya's group from Ideal Travel. She put the word out around Palm Sunday and everything was finalized June 20th We have mid-court seats. We fly out on the Monday before the games and return home on Sunday. It's my first time for a Thanksgiving tournament and I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! (:
Old 07-09-2022, 10:38 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
This is the first tournament I can recall where it truly doesn't matter what the draw is. The dreaded pressure to win that first game and avoid a clunker is nonexistent. Yes, some of these teams are much better on paper than others, but they are all big names. Three guaranteed games vs. these names regardless of outcomes. Our non-con SOS is going to be pristine and chalk full of recognizable foes for the less initiated fans to gawk at.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:19 AM
Major

This is a fun tournament - smaller seat wise than Maui. So all seats are good seats. Really surprised some of the other schools have not sold more tickets. Guess I am just spoiled with our fan base turnout. Still KU does surprise as they did have us out numbered in Maui. Maybe they used up all their vacation time in the NCAA tournament this past season.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:41 PM

MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Good Coincidence:
UD Women Play Ole Miss as part of the Baha Mar Pink Flamingo Championship at 8pm on Nov 21 and Kentucky at 5:30pm on 11/23.
The Ideal Travel group arrives on 11/21.
Atlantis and Baha Mar are about 30 minutes apart by car.
With the men playing at 2:30pm on the 23rd, a double header will be tough, but the Monday game is in play.
I hope travel schedules allow for the men to attend on Monday and the women to attend Thursday/Friday.
jaburr91 (08-11-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-11-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 12:00 PM
Major

Looking forward to seeing some of you next week at Atlantis. Is there any official UD meetups going on next week?
Old 11-23-2022, 01:05 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to seeing some of you next week at Atlantis. Is there any official UD meetups going on next week?
Bumping this question.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-23-2022, 01:51 PM
General

from the game thread:

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/b4a-tailgate-party

https://udayton.edu/calendar/2022/11...YjoZG1oN6oTilI
Old 11-24-2022, 01:19 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Kansas MY GOODNESS!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2022, 02:10 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
I was imagining or dreaming that UD was in that game with Amzil breaking Kansas’ heart again.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:52 AM

Back from the Bahamas.
Shot Clocks: There were no side facing shot clocks. When the ball went into the corner, the only clock that players could see was at the other end of the court. Not excusing violations, but it contributed. The majority of our violations occurred when the ball went to the corner.
"Sold Out" tickets: I don't know how the ticket system works. On the website, it claimed that you had to buy the Atlantis package. Ideal Travel was able to get tickets via MrsFF's connection in the box office. The program lists prices for tickets in all forms from individual game, all session, or booster. You can walk up and get tickets for any game. I believe the largest listed attendance was around 1300. It holds close to 4k.
Seating: Don't sit in rows A or B on the sides. They are terrible. Can't see over the scorer's table.
Attendance: Kansas fans travelled as usual. UD and Wisconsin were close 2nd/3rd. USC was lowest by a lot. They had dozens of fans. Some Kansas fans were sorry that we lost. They said they wanted a rematch.
Logistics: They did a good job of clearing the arena and getting new fans in. Didn't miss any tip-offs.
Officials: Having the same officials for games 2 and 3 was garbage. Those guys were awful. I 100% believe that AG would have gotten a T in game 3 if it were not for the reaction of fans as the official who T'd him in game 2 walked toward the bench in game 3. It got loud and the official noticeably changed his demeanor resulting in a warning.
Entertainment: There were various contests during TOs. The kids representing UD were noticeably lacking in UD attire. Come on parents, learn to dress your kids on game day!
Families: Didn't see AG's family. Some player parents stayed at Comfort Suites. Assume some stayed at Atlantis as well.
flyerfanatic86 (11-28-2022), Glen Clark (11-28-2022), jack72 (11-28-2022)