User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-27-2022, 02:15 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
I’m intentionally staying out of this fray, but I appreciate you trying to fight the good fight. Every season it’s the same group of Priders that go off the deep end whenever there is adversity with the program. I am as disappointed as anyone with the team’s current performance, but the irrational, knee jerk reaction of some is over the top. Also, It’s not isolated to UD basketball fans either. If you read fan reaction to OSU’s loss to Michigan, the vocal minority wants Ryan Day fired tomorrow morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
The same group? This is the biggest group I have seen. If you and Longtime want to keep rooting for a mediocre team that doesn't meet the expectations set by even the athletic department, let alone fans, you keep doing that. I personally, want better that mediocre. With the amount we pay for seat fees, tickets, ect, we should be allowed to expect more.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-27-2022), shocka43 (11-27-2022)
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2022, 02:27 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
The same group? This is the biggest group I have seen. If you and Longtime want to keep rooting for a mediocre team that doesn't meet the expectations set by even the athletic department, let alone fans, you keep doing that. I personally, want better that mediocre. With the amount we pay for seat fees, tickets, ect, we should be allowed to expect more.
I've also been keeping out of this back and forth,
but have to add a comment..
you said "if you and Longtime want to keep rooting blah blah,
you keep doing that"..
I don't care what the situation, what scenario
you can add me to them.
YES I WILL ROOT FOR THIS TEAM! that doesn't mean I don't
want better. we defo should be allowed to expect more.

we can do both... I will always root for this team, why
would a Flyer fan NOT root for the team?
Old 11-27-2022, 02:34 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
If UD was in the Horizon we could not recruit at the level we have been in the A10. That's elementary. AG and staff have gone above and beyond on the recruiting front in my opinion. I definitely tip my hat to them. But coaching has been nowhere near as high-level as the recruiting. I think it's easily seen.
I havnt questioned his recruiting. There will be home runs and then a few swing and misses. It’s his X and O coaching that I’m not happy with

Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
you keep doing that"..
you can add me to them.

I assume we’ll all be Flyer fans win or lose. But that doesn’t mean we have to sit back and just accept it
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TX Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-27-2022), shocka43 (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 02:36 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
you keep doing that"..
you can add me to them.

You are correct, root was the wrong word. Satisfied would have been better wording.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (11-27-2022), steverino015 (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 02:54 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
You are correct, root was the wrong word. Satisfied would have been better wording.
I can see we're "if you want to root" can be taken two ways and I assumed you meant that you're not satisfied rooting for a bad or mediocre team. In other words "I don't like rooting for a mediocre team but I have to because I will always root for the Flyers no matter what."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (11-27-2022), TX Flyer (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 03:10 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,816 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
If UD was in the Horizon we could not recruit at the level we have been in the A10. That's elementary. AG and staff have gone above and beyond on the recruiting front in my opinion. I definitely tip my hat to them. But coaching has been nowhere near as high-level as the recruiting. I think it's easily seen.
It's easily seen. Many don't want to admit it.

It won't change until the whales that drive the decisions tell UD enough is enough.

The criticism is fair. This season better turn around or the fire AG crowd will simply get bigger.

This program is not meeting expectations. Period.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-27-2022), TXFlyerFan (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 06:43 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,110 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
I don’t think you all really get where I’m coming from. You see me as an excuse maker, apologist for AG, etc…don’t get me wrong, i’m just as upset with record and performance this year as anyone. The difference is that A) I’m not spending $4K/year on season tickets - so maybe my frustration tolerance is much higher B) Don’t think this is a matter of “coaching” since I have SEEN that with the right personnel or maybe buy-in from the players, a special season can happen (so it’s not a coaching style) C) Have seen what happens when an irrational coaching change is made (JOB-1989) and D) understand that a lot of injuries can really skew the results.

If AG had never come close to a winning season, maybe I’d buy into it’s time for a change. We sat through season after season of BG mediocrity and was all on lets move onto a new coach bandwagon. AG is the first coach since the Blackburn/Donoher era to have national media talking about Dayton on a daily basis in 19-20 season and 2 years later you’re all THAT frustrated you want a coaching change….WOW.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TX Flyer (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 06:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,816 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
I don’t think you all really get where I’m coming from. You see me as an excuse maker, apologist for AG, etc…don’t get me wrong, i’m just as upset with record and performance this year as anyone. The difference is that A) I’m not spending $4K/year on season tickets - so maybe my frustration tolerance is much higher B) Don’t think this is a matter of “coaching” since I have SEEN that with the right personnel or maybe buy-in from the players, a special season can happen (so it’s not a coaching style) C) Have seen what happens when an irrational coaching change is made (JOB-1989) and D) understand that a lot of injuries can really skew the results.

If AG had never come close to a winning season, maybe I’d buy into it’s time for a change. We sat through season after season of BG mediocrity and was all on lets move onto a new coach bandwagon. AG is the first coach since the Blackburn/Donoher era to have national media talking about Dayton on a daily basis in 19-20 season and 2 years later you’re all THAT frustrated you want a coaching change….WOW.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am not calling for a change. I am calling for a realistic look at the results, given expectations and resources.

Everyone thought after the E8 run and the 2020 season the tides were going to turn permanently. We have the personnel according to the talking heads and the end data doesn't show that. Someone needs to ask why. This isn't one game with injuries. There are trends.
Old 11-27-2022, 07:34 PM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
You’re such a FRAUD !
Archie Miller took us to 4 straight NCAA Appearances and we were the talk of the country for 4 years and you completely leave that out of your statement
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-27-2022, 07:52 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,110 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
You’re such a FRAUD !
Archie Miller took us to 4 straight NCAA Appearances and we were the talk of the country for 4 years and you completely leave that out of your statement
Posted via Mobile Device
Appearances in the Dance don’t make you the “Talk of the country”- lots of schools get in year after year. Having a National POY and a National COY the SAME year makes you the “Talk of the Country”. Now go clean your moms basement
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by longtimefan67; 11-27-2022 at 08:03 PM..