Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Kostas

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
After watching this clip, and realizing now that Coach Grant's knowledge of Kosta's health is as void as everyone else's, I just hope no one undercuts him like Alabama did to Josh. Kosta's video above shows a player moving at will against truly smaller inferior players, but when he lands he frequently lands on one foot while the other leg is flailing around. A serious D1 size defender could cause a very awkward landing for Kostas. I hope he sticks to wide open dunks. Kendall Pollard he is not. His lower body strength will be one of the first things the trainers will work on.
This guy has one humongeous drop-step! Without a double team, he'll be a bear to guard.
Mad Props to Don For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-24-2017)
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2017, 03:07 AM
Captain

skip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really nice
Unhappy Right on ... and you and I are showing our age!

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
No question Roger Brown, followed by Don May, but that was back in the day.
Totally agree .... even now as I am still waiting on the MOST anticipated arrival of Roger Brown (who was greatly screwed by our beloved U of D). I watched Roger as a Frosh at many pre-varsity games against college freshmen teams and at the county colliseum against really good AAU local competition and, finally, at the Fieldhouse versus Phillips 66ers(?).

If you can get a copy of the DVD "Undefeated, the Roger Brown Story", it is fascinating. It downplays the UD time, but does a great job of bringing Roger out of the shadows of the banner hanging in the Pacer arena and fairly depicts him as a great ABA player and arguably would have been a top 50 all time NBA player .... and we were denied the opportunity to see his early rise to stardom and the best years in pro ball in the NBA instead of the ABA. What a shame!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:20 AM
Captain

skip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really nice
Unhappy Also

Originally Posted by skip69 View Post
Totally agree .... even now as I am still waiting on the MOST anticipated arrival of Roger Brown (who was greatly screwed by our beloved U of D). I watched Roger as a Frosh at many pre-varsity games against college freshmen teams and at the county colliseum against really good AAU local competition and, finally, at the Fieldhouse versus Phillips 66ers(?).

If you can get a copy of the DVD "Undefeated, the Roger Brown Story", it is fascinating. It downplays the UD time, but does a great job of bringing Roger out of the shadows of the banner hanging in the Pacer arena and fairly depicts him as a great ABA player and arguably would have been a top 50 all time NBA player .... and we were denied the opportunity to see his early rise to stardom and the best years in pro ball in the NBA instead of the ABA. What a shame!
If Roger and Bill Chmilewski would have completed their careers at UD, I firmly believe that this would have triggered the beginning of a dynasty that would have rivaled UNC, UCLA and others that were taking over the landscape of college hoops. We would have not only had the most wins of any college program during the 50s and 60s, but arguably would have continued into the 70s and onward.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to skip69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-24-2017), Radar (08-25-2017), TMPH66 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 08:45 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
If Roger and Bill Chmilewski would have completed their careers at UD, I firmly believe that this would have triggered the beginning of a dynasty that would have rivaled UNC, UCLA and others that were taking over the landscape of college hoops. We would have not only had the most wins of any college program during the 50s and 60s, but arguably would have continued into the 70s and onward.
Outstanding post...that really held us back when we were on the cusp of greatness. Those guys were both Tom Blackburn's recruits. He was so far ahead of his time. He understood two key things - the role of the big man and that you could teach defense to any player who was motivated to play that end of the court.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:19 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
And those two would have played with Finkel in 63-64. Not a bad front line!
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
TMPH66 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Am I missing something here? Kostas has been back on campus for a few days now. There has to be plenty of sightings of a 6'10 dude around the area. Whats his condition? Is he walking normally? Crutches..boot? It's crazy that there hasn't been a peep on his condition posted here.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:53 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I was thinking the same thing. It's not like he would be invisible on campus.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
A small update happened in this thread starting at post #283.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showth...t=30726&page=3

Basically UD posted a few pics to twitter on eclipse day after it appeared they had their first team meeting when everyone had gotten back from school. There was a pic of Kostas standing upright and without any visible brace on his knee. My guess it is nothing serious since CAG seems in no hurry to get it evaluated based on his interview with Archdeacon. Hopefully will get some more info once Jablonski gets back from his vacation in Europe.

FYI: The tweet has since been deleted after people zoomed in on a team rules sheet Darrell was holding and mocked a couple of the rules.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:22 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Was visiting campus last week and did see Kostas. He was using crutches but they looked to be more forearm rather than underarm crutches so they were supporting him while walking (using both legs) but he was moving very slowly
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (08-27-2017), Dillomernda (08-27-2017), flyer2003 (08-28-2017), jack72 (08-27-2017), superfan99 (08-28-2017), TMPH66 (08-27-2017), UDTradition (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
Was visiting campus last week and did see Kostas. He was using crutches but they looked to be more forearm rather than underarm crutches so they were supporting him while walking (using both legs) but he was moving very slowly
I cannot repeat enough how insane this seems that no one claims to know what is going on. Bizarre.
Mad Props to flyer2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't believe we have no students on UD Pride to confirm or deny that he is on crutches. Maybe it is a trainer or team Dr. that has him doing it to aid in healing.

Also, there are privacy laws that prevent release of medical information and his family (Giannis and his agent) do not want anything released that might affect his future draft stock.

Just guessing like the rest of us.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:46 PM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post
I cannot repeat enough how insane this seems that no one claims to know what is going on. Bizarre.
Maybe it's that no one cares. I don't....but I know more than most.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
HIPPA Laws Prevent

intrusion into specific medical information without the expressed approval of the patient. So Flyer fans just be patient. I realize that we live in an age where our need to know supersedes
anyone's right to exist. But for now just wait and see.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChampCar (08-28-2017), jack72 (08-28-2017), m21eagle45 (08-28-2017), SeasonTicketFan (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
Can't believe we have no students on UD Pride to confirm or deny that he is on crutches. Maybe it is a trainer or team Dr. that has him doing it to aid in healing.

Also, there are privacy laws that prevent release of medical information and his family (Giannis and his agent) do not want anything released that might affect his future draft stock.

Just guessing like the rest of us.
Didn't NCkevi just state that he saw him with crutches? Sounds to me like there is a current issue with his health. Just guessing too.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
If Kostas was fine, we would know.
It is the not knowing that sucks, especially since that means that he is not well.
Or am I understanding this incorrectly?
Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 08:11 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Yep. And if I remember correctly, Lew Alcindor narrowed his choices to UD and UCLA(maybe Notre Dame also, not sure). If Dayton had established the track record in the early 60s that you are speaking of, all of that UCLA dynasty might have been in the Miami Valley instead.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Yep. And if I remember correctly, Lew Alcindor narrowed his choices to UD and UCLA(maybe Notre Dame also, not sure). If Dayton had established the track record in the early 60s that you are speaking of, all of that UCLA dynasty might have been in the Miami Valley instead.
He chose UCLA over St John's, he almost transferred to Michigan after year they beat us in the finals. Lucius Allen was going to transfer to Kansas. They changed their mind and stayed
Mad Props to Atlantic 10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
LI Flyer (08-29-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 11:24 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
You may be thinking of Wilt Chamberlain, who was seriously considering UD.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (08-29-2017), m21eagle45 (08-29-2017), rollo (08-29-2017), San Diego Flyer (08-29-2017), SeasonTicketFan (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 07:58 AM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Don't forget that Lebron James was going to attend UD, but instead decided to go straight to the NBA out of high school. I can't remember who Michael Jordan's second choice was after NC, but I'm sure we were in his top 5.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (08-29-2017), FlyerBob (08-29-2017), mikeymo85 (08-29-2017), rollo (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 08:55 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
Don't forget that Lebron James was going to attend UD, but instead decided to go straight to the NBA out of high school. I can't remember who Michael Jordan's second choice was after NC, but I'm sure we were in his top 5.
Chamberlain was no joke, as opposed to the above. Blackburn had him in Dayton and had his ear.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
superfan99 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Chamberlain was no joke, as opposed to the above. Blackburn had him in Dayton and had his ear.
Chamberlain was definitely close to coming to Dayton. Rumor has it, he had a bad experience either at the hotel he was staying or a restaurant he ate at and went to Kansas after that incident.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
And if the Gibson hotel had treated Wilt right, he would have in all likelyhood been a Flyer.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
And if the Gibson hotel had treated Wilt right, he would have in all likelyhood been a Flyer.
It wasn't the Gibson Hotel's fault. Tom Blackburn suggested that Wilt order room service. Chamberlain mistakenly took that to mean he wouldn't get served in the dining room. The reality was that Duquesne was staying at the Gibson Hotel as well and Blackburn didn't want the Dukes' coaching staff to spot Wilt.

After watching 7 footer Bill Uhl, Sr. perform for the Flyers, Wilt said something to the effect that "If they think that's how a 7 footer plays wait until they see me."

But we never did.

PS Duquesne featured All-American Sihugo Green (who was selected ahead of Bill Russell in the NBA Draft). Green and his teammates had no trouble getting served in the dining room.

Last edited by Swampy Meadows; 08-29-2017 at 01:01 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-29-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-29-2017), superfan99 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
Someone please start a new threw when there is news on Kostas. Thanks.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyer2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (09-02-2017), Bonziflyer (08-29-2017), Flyer14 (08-29-2017), Flyer69ers (08-29-2017), FlyerBob (08-29-2017), flyerfan4life (08-29-2017), Glen Clark (08-29-2017), Justin (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 11:34 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post
Someone please start a new threw when there is news on Kostas. Thanks.
But please continue posting about Wilt Chamberlin and others that UD missed on because I have never heard these stories before.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerBob (08-29-2017), superfan99 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
But please continue posting about Wilt Chamberlin and others that UD missed on because I have never heard these stories before.
How about making a separate thread about these stories, or don't we do that anymore?? so when we see more comments on a Kostas thread, it can actually be about Kostas...

or shut this thread down completely, and begin a new one when there is news about Kostas, in any case, can we stop hijacking this thread.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AZFlyer85 (08-29-2017), Bucketnight (08-30-2017), flyer2003 (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 07:40 PM
1st Lieutenant

cobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura about
The Wilt Chamberlain story is in Ritter Collet's book I believe!

Last edited by cobra8u; 08-29-2017 at 07:47 PM..
Mad Props to cobra8u For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 07:49 PM
1st Lieutenant

cobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura about
get the book here.....https://www.amazon.com/Flyers-Histor...ton+flyer+book
Mad Props to cobra8u For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 08:23 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
We also just missed out on several other bigs that made a mark in college and and were first-round NBA picks -- Leon Douglas, Dave Cowens, Juwan Howard and Duane Causwell, to name a few.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:36 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
We also just missed out on several other bigs that made a mark in college and and were first-round NBA picks -- Leon Douglas, Dave Cowens, Juwan Howard and Duane Causwell, to name a few.
I remember when DD in his basketball class talked about Dave Cowens. Dave sent a letter to Don telling him he wanted to come to Dayton. So Mick went to see him play. Cowens was jumping center, the ball went up after the tip and it came back to Cowens. He shot it from center court. Mick said he got up and left
Old 08-29-2017, 11:06 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Leon Douglas is the one that I can't forget. He would've been our center in 1974 instead of Joe Fisher and John Von Lehman splitting time. Would have to think we would've won the UCLA game that we lost in 3 OTs with an All-American center. Though, Joe Fisher did have a career game not missing a FG or FT. Douglas, Elijah, Sylvester, Smith and Davis might have won us a national championship that year.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
The Fly (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 11:28 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Leon Douglas is the one that I can't forget. He would've been our center in 1974 instead of Joe Fisher and John Von Lehman splitting time. Would have to think we would've won the UCLA game that we lost in 3 OTs with an All-American center. Though, Joe Fisher did have a career game not missing a FG or FT. Douglas, Elijah, Sylvester, Smith and Davis might have won us a national championship that year.

Can you imagine that team with Kostas?

5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Glen Clark For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (08-30-2017), flyerfan4life (08-30-2017), frisco flyer (08-30-2017), Gazoo (08-30-2017), mikeymo85 (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 01:39 AM
Just off the Jet

UD7578 is on a distinguished road
The way I remember the story (i.e. unsubstantiated rumor) 2-3 years later, was that his mother wanted to relocate to Dayton with him and had a real job offer, but DD nixed it.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:24 AM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
We were in the final few for Bob McAdoo, who became a five time NBA all star.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Why not rename this thread "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda's"?
Mad Props to LI Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (08-30-2017)