Cooke 7 pts in 35 min 15 36.59%
DD 3 pts in 15 min 5 12.20%
Scoochie 2 4.88%
KD 0 0%
Freshman 1 2.44%
Archie 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,878 Times in 6,982 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden Rollos - UT-Chattanooga

I think we all can agree that the game sucked, now let's vote on who sucked the most.

The options are many. This could get interesting.

Last edited by rollo; 12-12-2015 at 09:59 PM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-12-2015)
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2015, 09:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I think we all can agree that the game sucked, not let's vote on who sucked the most.

The options are many. This could get interesting.
Not a hard one for me. Its Pollard all the way. Pollard is fools gold. I';ve seen enough of his act. Let Archie develop someone else to take it to the hoop who can also hit a free throw. Would not start Pollard again till he demonstrates he can hit free throws and with his twist on the ball it is not likely going to go in the basket and he's had plenty of time to work on it.

Lets try another option, Pollard is not the answer. Could possibly be the problem, taking too many shots. Is Archie telling him to do so or is he hogging the ball too much. Either way I say lets develop someone else.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:58 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
Not a hard one for me. Its Pollard all the way. Pollard is fools gold. I';ve seen enough of his act. Let Archie develop someone else to take it to the hoop who can also hit a free throw. Would not start Pollard again till he demonstrates he can hit free throws and with his twist on the ball it is not likely going to go in the basket and he's had plenty of time to work on it.

Lets try another option, Pollard is not the answer. Could possibly be the problem, taking too many shots. Is Archie telling him to do so or is he hogging the ball too much. Either way I say lets develop someone else.
Oh the humanity!

(have to say I agree with you Avid!)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

NYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really nice
Can't vote for one guy. Why nobody besides KP was able to drive the lane I'll never know.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NYCFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (12-12-2015), NovaFlyer (12-13-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:07 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
If there was a bright spot in this ugly game, it was Pollard. No way he gets the "award"!

Scoochie had a disappointing game. He did not manage this game well, nor did he try to put the team on his back when we needed him to. Leadership was sorely lacking and he did not provide that either.

We need Pierre back to get to the next level. Otherwise the growing pains are really going to hurt.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (12-13-2015), Flyer 86 (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
If there was a bright spot in this ugly game, it was Pollard. No way he gets the "award"!

Scoochie had a disappointing game. He did not manage this game well, nor did he try to put the team on his back when we needed him to. Leadership was sorely lacking and he did not provide that either.

We need Pierre back to get to the next level. Otherwise the growing pains are really going to hurt.
Sorry but if you want to be the go to guy then you must be the go to guy on all levels. Getting to the hole but not making the basket then compounding it by not making the free throws will not get the job done. Need to relinquish that role to someone who can.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Archie. That last play to win or tie was awful, and we had timeouts.

Plus, it is not KP's fault nobody else could score. How many points do we even score without him?
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (12-13-2015), Flyer 86 (12-13-2015), rollo (12-13-2015), ruechalgrin (12-12-2015), UD62 (12-13-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Would not give it to Steve. Entry passing was pathetic. Big blocks on the other end.

Pollard either. Missed free throws but he just isn't going to be better than high 50s or low 60s. A good game from the line gets it to OT. Three boards a bigger issue (if I heard the POG stats right).

Cooke and KD could not knock down perimeter shots. But it giving the award for that. Both are suspect shooters.

For me prime candidates would be DD - poor defense, rebounfing, shooting and terrible TO. Scoochie - a lot of bad decisions with the ball and never got the team into the offense, and Archie - you can't play Crosby, KD, Miller and Pollard at the same time as nobody stretched the defense.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (12-12-2015), Flyer 86 (12-13-2015), rollo (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:24 PM
General of the Air Force

KP was scoring most of the points as he was the one aggressive player on the floor, but were their other options that could have been run or did KP just take it on his own to drive to the basket.

On one hand KP is thinking positive on his ability to drive to the bucket, but then what is he thinking if he don't make it and has to shoot freebies again.

Archie has a big decision to make. Develop someone other than KP to take it to the hole or continue to develop KP's ft shooting technique
Old 12-12-2015, 10:30 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Would not give it to Pollard, but we lost the game due to lack of rebounding -- we were out-rebounded by 3 to a team that is #200 in the nation in rebounding missing their top rebounder. Pollard had 3 rebounds in like 35 minutes. So great on offensive end, but weak rebounding for him in 35 minutes or so of play ...

Archie top 10-15 coach in the nation IMHO, but I gave it to him.

I gave it to Archie for 3 reasons: (1) need to be fired up for this game and did not get his players motivated enough -- win this and coast the next 2. Archie now has history of losing this type of game with different players so it has to be partially about him now -- 2012 Buffalo and Murray State (road), 2013 Weber State, 2014 Illinois St. (road) and USC; (2) lack of good play at the end of the game with over 5 seconds left; and (3) I think he made a mistake when Dayton went up 37-31 to sub out his players on a run instead of pressing the advantage.

Cooke was not present; Pollard missed foul shots and did not rebound.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:35 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry but if you want to be the go to guy then you must be the go to guy on all levels. Getting to the hole but not making the basket then compounding it by not making the free throws will not get the job done. Need to relinquish that role to someone who can.
Easy there. How many players have you seen on UD that possessed the set of skills that KP has? If it was that easy everyone would do it. What was happening tonight was he wasn't getting within point blank range and making them, but the rest of the team wasn't either. Chattanooga was doing something right on D and the Flyers better figure out how to counter that before they see it again.

The man's FT shooting cost us one game in 2 and 1/3 seasons and he's won us many more with his other skills. Almost costing us and costing us are 2 very different things though that Boise St game last year would have scarred me for life on him if we hadn't held on.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:46 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,996 Times in 2,669 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
I can only "not vote" for a few guys. IMHO, KD is not to blame. Granted, he was only 3-7 from the field and had 4 fouls, but he was also 3-4 from the line, had 3 boards, and was generally doing all he was capable of doing most of the night. Will also "not vote" for Steve. Went 3-5 from the field, had 7 boards, and probably @ 5 blocks. The only real negative was that he only had 5 shots from the field, but he was getting doubled regularly, and rarely had anyone open for a kick-out. Everyone else (including Archie) is fair game.

There was a play early in the game that served as a microcosm of the night. Someone on our side put up a shot, and by the time it hit the rim, we had 4 guys at or near midcourt. Only Steve was inside the arc, in position to try to get an offensive board. UTC? They had 5 guys inside the arc. So the odds of us getting an offensive board on that play were 5-to-1. Our Flyers conceded the rebound to UTC. Anyone wonder why we were -3 on the glass tonight? Because we let it happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Captain

Angry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud of
All the above is my vote.
Mad Props to Angry John For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Chatt has a fine basketball tradition.
They came in town and took it to us.
With leading scorer, rebounder and assit man out
others stood up.
KP played well. I liked his going to the hoop.
His FT aside if just one other Flyer had stood up
offensively we'd won.
Schoochie threw 3-4 lazy lob passes into Steve that never got there.
I liked final play. Schooch to hoop. Give them credit they defended it.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:26 PM
General

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
Would not give it to Pollard, but we lost the game due to lack of rebounding -- we were out-rebounded by 3 to a team that is #200 in the nation in rebounding missing their top rebounder. Pollard had 3 rebounds in like 35 minutes. So great on offensive end, but weak rebounding for him in 35 minutes or so of play ...

Archie top 10-15 coach in the nation IMHO, but I gave it to him.

I gave it to Archie for 3 reasons: (1) need to be fired up for this game and did not get his players motivated enough -- win this and coast the next 2. Archie now has history of losing this type of game with different players so it has to be partially about him now -- 2012 Buffalo and Murray State (road), 2013 Weber State, 2014 Illinois St. (road) and USC; (2) lack of good play at the end of the game with over 5 seconds left; and (3) I think he made a mistake when Dayton went up 37-31 to sub out his players on a run instead of pressing the advantage.

Cooke was not present; Pollard missed foul shots and did not rebound.
Your point on subbing out his players in the middle of a run is "spot on." I thought they lost all of their momentum at that time. They were displaying a lot of energy and pushing the ball down-court, then the team was deflated after that.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-12-2015), ruechalgrin (12-13-2015), San Diego Flyer (12-13-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 11:39 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
Chatt has a fine basketball tradition.
They came in town and took it to us.
With leading scorer, rebounder and assit man out
others stood up.
KP played well. I liked his going to the hoop.
His FT aside if just one other Flyer had stood up
offensively we'd won.
Schoochie threw 3-4 lazy lob passes into Steve that never got there.
I liked final play. Schooch to hoop. Give them credit they defended it.
Gotta hand it to them and especially their coach. They must have scouted the Flyers well. They had a deep enough bench to focus most of their defense on our 4 other players while hacking Pollard and sending him to the line every chance they got. This is why it's going to be great if Pierre comes back, when another team tries that and are having success, you put Pierre in KP's place and make them cut it out.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:07 AM

After sleeping on it, I decided that Pollard can't be blamed and glad to see some Priders come to his defense. If Pollard isn't attacking the rim and scoring from baskets or the occasional FT, we'd have been down 10 with 2 minutes left and the blue hairs would be catching cr*p here for leaving early.

For his subbing out the momentum as mentioned above, not drawing up a last second play that at least would have generated a shot and most obviously not having the team mentally prepared, Miller is the obvious choice for the Golden Rollo but that's to easy and he didn't get my Royal vote.

No, my Royal vote went to Big Steve, and it wasn't easy to give it to him, especially since his defense in the 2nd half, especially the shot blocking, was - like Pollard - another reason the Blue Hairs stayed seated. But Big Steve's disappearing act on offense in the 2nd half was the reason we had to rely on Pollard for everything. Big Steve needs to demand the ball and act as more than just a low post passer when he doesn't receive the ball in the perfect position to shoot. As brought up my someone else, how about a FT Steve?! Can't you draw a darn foul from the low post? At 6'2", I could guard him right now. All I'd do is deny him the ability to turn to his left and guard him so close that if he tried, I'd flop and draw a foul. When he can only turn right, he passes...except once last night he put up a ridiculous 5-foot left handed shot-put that fell a foot short. We needed a low post presence last night and he didn't give it. For that reason, Big Steve gets my Royal vote for a Golden Rollo.

Last edited by rollo; 12-13-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (12-13-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 08:28 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
After sleeping on it, I decided that Pollard can't be blamed and glad to see some Priders come to his defense. If Pollard isn't attacking the rim and scoring from baskets or the occasional FT, we'd have been down 10 with 2 minutes left and the blue hairs would be catching cr*p here for leaving early.

For his subbing out the momentum as mentioned above, not drawing up a last second play that at least would have generated a shot and most obviously not having the team mentally prepared, Miller is the obvious choice for the Golden Rollo but that's to easy and he didn't get my Royal vote.

No, my Royal vote went to Big Steve, and it wasn't easy to give it to him, especially since his defense in the 2nd half, especially the shot blocking, was - like Pollard - another reason the Blue Hairs stayed seated. But Big Steve's disappearing act on offense in the 2nd half was the reason we had to rely on Pollard for everything. Big Steve needs to demand the ball and act as more than just a low post passer when he doesn't receive the ball in the perfect position to shoot. As brought up my someone else, how about a FT Steve?! Can't you draw a darn foul from the low post? At 6'2", I could guard him right now. All I'd do is deny him the ability to turn to his left and guard him so close that if he tried, I'd flop and draw a foul. When he can only turn right, he passes...except once last night he put up a ridiculous 5-foot left handed shot-put that fell a foot short. We needed a low post presence last night and he didn't give it. For that reason, Big Steve gets my Royal vote for a Golden Rollo.
Question is would anyone else have attempted a shot as there was time left on the clock when KP took his runs to the rim. Its not like time had run out and he was our only option at the time. Once KP got the ball for the most part he kept it and looked for an opening and drove to the rim even if the opening wasn't there. With time left on the clock there could have been other options
and someone other than KP might have taken it, but we'll never know.

If the other players were all waiting for KP to do the dirty work then shame on them, it wouldn't have taken too much thought to realize KP was not the best option considering his ft woes.

After watching the womens and mens games I feel that somehow both AM and JJ grabbed the same game plans that must have been laying around with an old date on it.

Bad weekend for both mens and womens basketball......not expecting anything different today for the women against Princeton.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:32 AM

WOW is it humid! Just got back from a Royal stroll with the Queen around the hills of Oakwood and the King is sweating!

As for the Golden Rs, here's my thinking. You earn them by doing less with more. Pollard scored a season high last night so it's hard to say he didn't do enough. So everyone else had to be examined under the 'less with more' standard. Which, IMRO, exposed Big Steve as the royalest underachiever of the game.

King Rollo OUT! Gotta get on the bike and keep up the good sweat!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
KP shot 60% from the field 6-10, I'll take that every day and twice on Sundays. Granted FT at 50% 8-16 needs to improve but blaming the only guy who came to play and letting the rest of the team off the hook I don't get. My vote would be " everyone not named Pollard".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-13-2015), FLYER5 (12-13-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 10:24 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for the freshman.

Why?

Because the starting line up had to be in the entire last 8 or so minutes of the game. The freshman couldn't be counted on for a breather or break for the starters that entire time. They just didn't produce the little bit they needed to.

In a total of 16 minutes, SMi, JCr, XWi were 2-2 from the field, 0-1 from the free throw line, 4 fouls, 3 rebounds, 3 turnovers, an assist and a block. We need more from them.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-13-2015), FLYER5 (12-13-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 10:26 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and Pollard's 16 FTs is the most FTs attempted since Marcus Johnson went 13/16 against Xavier on 3/13/08.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-13-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 10:26 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I hate this poll, but guess you have to take the bad with the good.

Felt like Steve's "triple single" was a good effort. 6 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks is a pretty good night for a Flyer 5.

We need some instant offense to inject some needed petrol into our act. Exit stage left Darrell Davis. Where was he? We desperately needed his shooting of last season. Nothing else was getting the job done.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-13-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
I went with CC III. You can't have the leading scorer show up for only 7 points. With the Mockingbirds focusing on Big Steve, CC should have scored more. He needs to figure out how to score in double figures each game.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-13-2015), FLYER5 (12-13-2015), ruechalgrin (12-13-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I hate this poll, but guess you have to take the bad with the good.
The Golden Rs are no different than quiz or exam grades each these student athletes get weekly in their classes. Sometimes they get As...sometimes Cs...and now and then an F.

Games are like exams...and the Golden Ds and Rs are our chance to be their professors.

So when you vote/comment, just consider yourself an adjunct professor of Basketballogy...unpaid, of course.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:40 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,703 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I vote for the UD athletic department for even scheduling this game. They could easily have scheduled Presbyterian, Liberty, or Central Connecticut State for this game. (Bottom 3 schools in RPI now)

Crappy night by all with a few players in a multi game slump. With or without DP, we have 3 games left out of conference to right the ship heading into conference play. I hate to lose as much as anyone, but I think at the end of the season this will not be a "bad loss" on our resume and we will be just fine.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if AM is rethinking subbing after the players on the floor opened up a 37-31 lead. things seemed to go flat after that. But that is hindsight, in reality the loss was a group effort, with KP being the exception.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-13-2015), FLYER5 (12-13-2015), IndianaFlyer (12-14-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't vote. Need all of above choice. If I had to pick the two worst influences I would say the absence of Cooke and the inability of Scoochie, and maybe the coaches, to sense the urgency in this game. But it was more than that. It always is. When you take an opponent for granted it can come back to bite you on the battlefield..or the mat, the field, or the court.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NYCFLYER View Post
Can't vote for one guy. Why nobody besides KP was able to drive the lane I'll never know.
CC was definitely a no-show for this one. Freethrows and all. Overall a lot of watching the other team's quickness beat us. Beat us at our own game. The only thing they couldn't claim was the fans.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:26 PM
General of the Air Force

They beat us the same way we beat Vandy, going in the paint and shredding the defense.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Voted for Archie, but Kyle Davis is an offensive liability from the outside. It is almost getting to the Jacksonville Jet scenario with ten to fifteen feet between a three point shooting KD and the nearest defender. Opponents are keenly aware of his three point shortcomings, and it is also very predictable nearly every-time he takes a three point shot....just saying.

I think he might actually have it in him, but his confidence from the three point arc is shot (how ironic) to heck.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (12-14-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 10:34 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Avid, they beat us, because UD couldn't score, or even get shots-up for that matter...miserable to watch it.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:27 PM
General

Thanked 1,268 Times in 786 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
Voted for Archie, but Kyle Davis is an offensive liability from the outside. It is almost getting to the Jacksonville Jet scenario with ten to fifteen feet between a three point shooting KD and the nearest defender. Opponents are keenly aware of his three point shortcomings, and it is also very predictable nearly every-time he takes a three point shot....just saying.

I think he might actually have it in him, but his confidence from the three point arc is shot (how ironic) to heck.
Kinda worried about him. He's more a garbage basket guy, a smaller version of KP - but with steals, some layups, coupla jumpers here and there.

With him not hitting and DD with his head up his butt, not kidding - i'd like to see these guys start (the next 3 to 4 games)

Scooch, Cooke, MIkesell
Pollard and Big Seve

Bet ya that Ryan can at least get some post passes to the two bigs. Let's get some offense going.

Bring DD and Kyle in at the 16 minute mark , if he's getting beat on D. Hard to believe that Pollard, Cooke and Big Steve can't cheat over or help out when it's needed.
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:40 PM

I'm shocked that Cooke is leading this poll...