Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
#12 T-shirts UD was wearing

I saw pictures of the light blue #12 t-shirts that the guys were wearing in warmups and on the bench. I wasn't at the game, but talked to my Dad who was and he said he is pretty sure it was/is in honor of Bucky Buckhorn. I know Bucky has pancreatic cancer, but why did they choose to wear them now?

My Dad also said that the shirts were for sale at the game and I told him he should have picked me one up because #12 has been my number of choice since I was in 6th grade and the number I wore in high school and still wear in leagues.

Can anyone confirm that these are for Bucky? If not, what are they for?
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Prostate cancer not pancreatic cancer.
Shirts being sold to honor past flyer great players.
Chapman shirt to be sold later this year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Furio For This Totally Excellent Post:
AlumUD (01-15-2009), hessbz12 (01-15-2009)
Old 01-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Furio View Post
Thanks for the reply. I really like the shirts. Will have to pick one up.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Major

rmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Furio View Post
Do you know which game the Chapman shirt will be sold?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know when/if/where these would be available online for purchase?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Picked mine up at the game. 17 bones.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Are they only being sold at the arena or is someone like Korp Kasuals also selling them?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
Korporate Casuals

That's who had them at the game so I would imagine they also have them in the store. You could always PM jpk4ud...he's the owner and he would know.

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Are they only being sold at the arena or is someone like Korp Kasuals also selling them?

Last edited by smitch425; 01-16-2009 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: I meant "Kasuals". Figures...when I am supposed to misspell something I can't, but when I'm not, I do it all the time!hahaha
Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I'm fairly sure that they said this was being offered by Korporate Kasuals so they are probably available at the store also.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Major

BlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
That's who had them at the game so I would imagine they also have them in the store. You could always PM jpk4ud...he's the owner and he would know.
One of the guys at the KK booth told me they would only be available at the game. I guess that means KK should have them if any were left over, but don't expect a lot of them to be around.

Same thing with the trading cards. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of them at the game either, but because of the weather (and subsequent delay of others), we were able to pick up a set on the way in.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
As furio stated, prostate cancer, not pancreatic (which may be the most deadly form of cancer)

Serveral people that I know that are close w/ Bucky said he wasn't doing very good during the rounds of Chemo over the summer/early fall. His spirits were down, etc... Seems like he's made a 180 in attitude, and is doing much better health wise. Looks like he's put some weight back on and getting around pretty good. I'm not sure if he's out of the woods or not, but its good to see him in good spirits and calling UD games.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
Bockhorn Shirt

We are proud to offer the first in a series of t-shirts to honor the Legends of Dayton Flyer Basketball. UD Hall of Famer Bucky Bockhorn led the 1957-58 UD team to a second place finish in the NIT & a 25-4 record. From 1955 - 58 the Flyers were 69-17 with 2-NIT Runner-Up finishes and an NIT Quarterfinal. Bucky is the original "Living Legend of Dayton Flyer Basketball".
We do have a small size run left in the store.

This is the shirt the team was wearing the other night.

Hardwood-Legends_12-Bockhor.jpg