UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-30-2018, 10:49 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden Between the Legs Dunk Award - Georgia Southern

Yo...no official poll today...I’m in sunny Santa Monica CA preparing for a Royal Rose Bowl party and I see this morning that none of my minions started the poll for me a o discuss away the Golden Award winner from yesterday! FWIW, Bucky and Larry gave it to Landers for his late game rebounding but stat wise it appears Cunningham and/or Toppin are just as deserving. Thanks to my nephew, I saw the Toppin dunk that got everyone’s attention, especially grant who wasn’t too pleased! I love it! And I’m sure Grant does too, but just can’t admit it.

Thank Rollo that WHIO’s I❤️ Radio app works on the west coast as I was able to listen to the last 9 min in the airport! Life is good....and the whole Rose Bow tour is royally fit for a King!

King Rollo the Bowler...out!

Go Flyers!
Go Buckeyes!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2018, 11:10 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I have Rose Bowl-football experience. Cheered on the winner at a Super Bowl there. I only bring all that up to let you know I speak from experience when I say the following...

Those LA movie stars you will see coming and going at the Rose Bowl campus before and after the game have NOTHING on our King Rollo...just saying.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:19 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
The trip is a waste w/o SoCal gurl pics.
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Had there been a poll after this game it probably would have been one of the closest outcomes of any previous game this season! Here is my take on the game: I feel it was a total team effort and even though AG was not happy with Obi’s between the legs dunk and the lack of focus and near collapse a win is a win whether it is 4 points or 16 points!

Many players were deserving but my vote goes to Toppin. He changes the game when he is inserted into the lineup! My son, who was in from Charlotte and went to the game with me said several times that he couldn’t believe Obi was a RS freshman and had 3 more years eligibility after this season! Jordan Davis hit a key 3 pointer down the stretch, even Mikesell showed signs his shot may be coming back as he hit a late 3 pointer. Crutcher hit the 4 free throws that sealed the victory and Cunningham was his usual self. Landers was tough as nails underneath and Cohill contributed as well.

Total team victory! On to the A-10 season!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 12:49 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
The trip is a waste w/o SoCal gurl pics.
Be patient young grasshopper...allow the King to soak in the scenery and he promises you great returns upon his.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-30-2018), San Diego Flyer (12-30-2018), Viperstick (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
I have Rose Bowl-football experience. Cheered on the winner at a Super Bowl there. I only bring all that up to let you know I speak from experience when I say the following...

Those LA movie stars you will see coming and going at the Rose Bowl campus before and after the game have NOTHING on our King Rollo...just saying.
If I have to sign one more autograph for Brittney What’s-her-name or some wimp who calls himself the Rock I’m going to seclude myself until kickoff. And who is Zack Enron? He’s stalking me...
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by rollo; 12-30-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 01:49 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
I will go with Jalen "Clutcher" for those late free throws.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer14 (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 02:30 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
I’d vote for Crutcher if he’d at least waive his hands at the guards who blow by him for layups. He may give up as many points as he scores. He’s the weakest link defensively and is a prime reason we had to hang on, at home “again” against a buy game team that would be a cream puff versus most strong programs. We certainly can score well enough, as we did last year, but we are a very poor defensive team and Crutcher is our leader.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2018, 02:35 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
I’d vote for Crutcher if he’d at least waive his hands at the guards who blow by him for layups. He may give up as many points as he scores. He’s the weakest link defensively and is a prime reason we had to hang on, at home “again” against a buy game team that would be a cream puff versus most strong programs. We certainly can score well enough, as we did last year, but we are a very poor defensive team and Crutcher is our leader.
Posted via Mobile Device
Going by your thoughtful quantitative analysis, one might conclude we should just bench Crutcher and play 4 on 5 to improve our chances of winning games.

Do you have any stock tips for us in the new year?
Old 12-30-2018, 03:18 PM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Cunningham with 25 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, a steal and only one turnover, and no one else is close. To vote Landers star of the game is not right. His nine points and 4 turnovers did not spark our offense, but kudos to him for playing hard the entire second half when some did not.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:45 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
I feel it was a total team effort and even though AG was not happy with Obi’s between the legs dunk and the lack of focus and near collapse a win is a win whether it is 4 points or 16 points!

Total team victory! On to the A-10 season!
I agree. Perhaps AG needs to get over the dunk and evaluate the defensive approach.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Going by your thoughtful quantitative analysis, one might conclude we should just bench Crutcher and play 4 on 5 to improve our chances of winning games.

Do you have any stock tips for us in the new year?
Maybe we’d be better, maybe not. But so far he’s “lead” us to no wins of consequence, been abused by good guards like Auburn’s and we are fighting and scraping to beat bottom feeders because of our porousness.He needs to play defense and perhaps a little bench time might make that apparent to him before we get torched by a few terrible a10 squads. Will be interesting to see how much he plays next year when we have more options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2018, 06:09 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Our team defense has been pretty bad lately, but I think of Crutcher as an outstanding point guard. Toppin and Crutcher make me very bullish on the next few years for UD.

Last edited by Fudd; 12-30-2018 at 06:14 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (01-04-2019), UDGutter2 (12-30-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 09:39 AM
1st Lieutenant

big jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud of
Asking Crutcher to be a good defender is unreasonable I think. He plays so many minutes and carries such a burden offensively. We have no other player who can reliably create off the dribble or create good shots for teammates, so Crutcher has to do it all.

Especially with the struggles of our other players shooting open shots, Crutcher has also become our best option for outside shooting.

I would rather Crutcher rest on defense in order to be effective on offense. Ultimately, we are just in a tough spot this year after Matos went down. With our lack of depth, it's going to be difficult to put together 40 minutes of good basketball on both sides. We need Cohill to develop ASAP to be really good team, to take some burden off Crutcher.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to big jordan For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (12-31-2018), JimBo (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 01:21 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
This Dayton Team

with a thin bench is not a great 40 minute defensive team. They are better than an average Dayton offensive team and perhaps the best EVER in the post with Cunningham and Toppin together. This team can outscore an opponent and plays well when pressing full court to create offense with turnovers and dunks. IMHO the best we can hope for is solid situational defense at game's end and the end of the half. I do like AG changing defenses out of a time out. This team features nearly 6 players scoring in double figures. This is not a typical Flyer team. Dayton is more like past St Joe's teams.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:15 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Be patient young grasshopper...allow the King to soak in the scenery and he promises you great returns upon his.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you soak any longer, you’ll turn into a prune.

Pics?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Washington Cheerleaders...

Viperstick (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:46 AM

Ohio State Cheerleaders...

Viperstick (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Santa Monica Bikini Parade...

And, of course, Venice Beach!
Viperstick (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 03:01 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
If those girls are from Venice Beach, they did a great job hiding their tatto's. On second thought they probably are from VB because half of them look like they are jail bait.

VB can be a real freak show!