Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 09:53 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I'm saying in the near future that will be past tense. "Cared." Once they're simply employees you have a different value proposition, the deal changes. You show up and win games and I pay you, that's the deal. You lose games and I fire you.

School? Who cares. You're an employee. You have a job, and it's to win games. If you'd like to take classes on the side go for it.
Your top athletes in football and basketball don't care about school now. That won't change at all.

Beth Flach has one of the most thankless jobs anyone could have. Beth is exhausted at the end of every academic year. The new transfer rules will give her even more pressure with regards to eligibility. Give credit to UD, and the entire academic staff for pushing education on UD's athletes. It is an uphill battle.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (06-24-2021)