Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 04:01 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ#4 View Post
Since there was a claim that hardly anyone wants us to play Wright State, I will identify myself as someone who wants us to play Wright State.
We live in a metro area of 800,000 people with exactly two D1 college basketball teams, and they don't play each other. I dislike that.
I am not interested in a home and home series unless it is mutually beneficial for both sides, that is what real rivalries are made of, otherwise it is forced and artificial.

Unless some of the schools from the OVC, HL, and MVC all join the same league, such as the MVC adding WSU, NKU, Murray State, and Belmont, in order to try to become a multi-bid league, thus possibly elevating WSU to an at large contender, I do not see a h/h happening any time soon. Even putting Belmont and MSU into the HL might not be enough to create a multi-bid league.

The HL is too weak to create an at large team, and this isn't 10 years ago where you could try to schedule a tough ooc slate like Butler and then dominate the HL on your way to an at large. 20 game league schedules seem to have closed off that route: can not land enough good ooc games now.

Last edited by ud2; 06-29-2021 at 04:04 PM..