Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 01:55 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brad S. View Post
I don't know that boosters will need direct contact with recruits at all. All that will need to be known is that players on team "Y" (I know how sensitive some are around here about team "X") make some big number of $$ because big money donors sponsor the team for NIL purposes. There are any number of legal ways to funnel big booster money.

Exactly, some of you people are over-thinking it.

"Mrs. Jones, I'm not allowed to mention your son's name to boosters since that's a recruiting violation. And boosters are not allowed to contact you directly either. But I have boosters who have unequivocally guaranteed that my top 3 recruits will all qualify for NIL money of $50K each, guaranteed, as my top 3 recruits have received in each of the last 5 years. Your son will be one of my top 3 recruits. Therefore, I can guarantee your son $50K in payments if he signs with Dayton."