Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-22-2021, 10:13 AM
1st Lieutenant

CJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud of
21-22 season lookahead

EDITED: To reflect Frazier transfer

OK, that year obviously didn’t turn out how anyone wanted, so let’s look ahead.
Here’s what UD has coming back and coming in — and yes, we all know this could change if a senior decides to come back, or if more people transfer, or if UD uses its 2 (or potentially more) available schollys.

G — EWeaver (6-6, Sr) …… MSmith (6-0, Fr)
G — DCohill (6-2, RJr) ……. KBrea (6-6, So) ………. LGreer (6-3, Fr)
F — RJ Blakney (6-6, So) … KWashington (6-8, Fr)
F — MAmzil (6-10, So) …… ZNwokeji (6-7, So)
F — DHolmes (6-8, Fr) …… MSissoko (6-9, RSo)

The “don’t rock the boat lineup” might be Weaver-Cohill-(Zimi or RJ)-Amzil-Holmes … with the other of Zimi/RJ as sixth man, Kaleb Washington getting good minutes, and everyone else (Brea, Sissoko, Frazier, Smith and Greer) fighting for playing time. Others might suggest throwing multiple of the true freshmen into the fire. And of course, everybody has their 1-2 players they’re higher on (or lower on) than most fans are.

A few of many key questions …
1) Will Weaver be good enough at point guard to lead UD to a successful year? Answer — Like every single thing 7 1/2 months from the first game, we don’t know. If it’s the Weaver from Davidson or GMason, the answer is likely yes. If it’s Duquesne or VCU#1 Weaver, maybe not. There’s an obvious question though: If not Weaver, who would do better? At the moment, the only other options are a green freshman, or doing something out-of-the-box like putting Amzil at point forward.

2) Who are the shooters? Over the past two years, Crutcher and Watson have shot a combined 40.6% from three. That’s one of the best duos in the nation. This year, Weaver, Blakney and Brea shot around 35-36% (same as Cohill in 2019-20), while Amzil hit 38% and Zimi 32%. None of them were real high-volume shooters. And we’ll have to see about the true freshmen.

3) Will this team have heart / energy?
I’m not sure the best way to describe this. The 2020-21 Flyers didn’t seem to have the ability to raise their intensity level or find another gear when needed. They didn’t seem to have a leader who was able to rally the team in a crucial moment. They didn’t seem to have a dive-for-loose-balls and win-every-50-50 type of attitude. I really hope they find that for 21-22.

If you made me guess, I would predict the 21-22 Flyers will go through some growing pains, but have the chance to be very good by the end of the season. I see 22-23 as a “strong NCAA seed or bust” type of year. … I hope I’m underselling the season ahead.

Last edited by CJ#4; 03-22-2021 at 02:47 PM..
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CJ#4 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (03-22-2021), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-22-2021), Glen Clark (03-22-2021), SLUFLYER (03-22-2021), steve (03-22-2021), tirebiter (03-22-2021), Zeke (03-22-2021)
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2021, 11:51 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
I'm pretty sure Weaver will be a RJr.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Technically all of our sophomores next year will still be freshmen eligibility wise
Old 03-22-2021, 12:04 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
I'm pretty sure Weaver will be a RJr.
Actually, that wouldn't be right I don't think because he never sat out a season. He's a senior just like our freshman from this past season are sophomores. He's a senior with 2 years of eligibility left while they are sophomores with 4 more yeas of eligibility.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:44 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
How about loading up on a couple additional exhibition games in fall 2021? Would be very helpful with team chemistry and CAG can see what we have.

Also- can anyone advise which of the exempt preseason tournaments our guys will be in November 2021? I presume a ESPN tournament of some type.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:45 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting, but I think it's a bit premature, until we see what the final roster looks like. I don't think it will look like the original post.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:54 PM
1st Lieutenant

CJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Technically all of our sophomores next year will still be freshmen eligibility wise
I listed everyone's year in school the traditional way. I can't find a link to the NCAA language right now, but I believe the way they phrase it is that any player who "used" a year of eligibility in 2020-21 will have the option of an extra year of eligibility "after their fourth playing season."
The way Smitty said it is also accurate.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:56 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Interesting, but I think it's a bit premature, until we see what the final roster looks like. I don't think it will look like the original post.
Of course it's premature -- it's a fan message board, that's what we're good at! Gotta have something to talk about for the next 7 months.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CJ#4 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (03-26-2021), MNFats (03-23-2021), PalmBeachFlyer (03-31-2021), springborofan (03-22-2021), TA111 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 01:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Actually, that wouldn't be right I don't think because he never sat out a season. He's a senior just like our freshman from this past season are sophomores. He's a senior with 2 years of eligibility left while they are sophomores with 4 more yeas of eligibility.
I think the prior posters are just trying to use familiar lexicon to capture how many more years of eligibility each has. Using your approach, Sissoko will be a Jr. with FOUR years of eligibility left. It’s hard to keep track that way. Using the R to denote the redshirt year everyone got is a good way to keep track of last year while splitting up the incoming Freshmen from the Freshmen this year. (I guess Sissoko and Nkowkeji are both RR Freshmen since they got two years of redshirting!)
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 01:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
i think the prior posters are just trying to use familiar lexicon to capture how many more years of eligibility each has. Using your approach, sissoko will be a jr. With four years of eligibility left. It’s hard to keep track that way. Using the r to denote the redshirt year everyone got is a good way to keep track of last year while splitting up the incoming freshmen from the freshmen this year. (i guess sissoko and nkowkeji are both rr freshmen since they got two years of redshirting!)
this!

K I S S
Old 03-22-2021, 01:08 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I think the prior posters are just trying to use familiar lexicon to capture how many more years of eligibility each has. Using your approach, Sissoko will be a Jr. with FOUR years of eligibility left. It’s hard to keep track that way. Using the R to denote the redshirt year everyone got is a good way to keep track of last year while splitting up the incoming Freshmen from the Freshmen this year. (I guess Sissoko and Nkowkeji are both RR Freshmen since they got two years of redshirting!)
Actually Sissoko would be a red shirt Sophomore with 4 years of eligibility left lol
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ#4 (03-22-2021), springborofan (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 01:09 PM
1st Lieutenant

Bigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of light
I view Holmes and Greer as potential new vocal leaders, especially Greer.

OP, what you said about lack of heart/energy in point #3 resonates with me. Losing Trey’s energy and leadership hurt us significantly this year. Too often I felt that we lost because the guys never found that next level of intensity.

If nothing else, next year, we cannot lose because we lack heart.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Bigtimeflyersguy For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ#4 (03-24-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 01:20 PM
1st Lieutenant

Sorry for any confusion in the original post, but FYI, for this particular team, eligibility year is about the least important thing.
Everybody has multiple years left if they want it (Cohill and Weaver 2 years each, everybody else 4 years each).
Old 03-22-2021, 01:26 PM

Thanked 3,136 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I think next year will be pretty simple. If you want to play you will need to excel at defense. In theory, I could see us much like Memphis.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-26-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 02:41 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bigtimeflyersguy View Post
I view Holmes and Greer as potential new vocal leaders, especially Greer.

OP, what you said about lack of heart/energy in point #3 resonates with me. Losing Trey’s energy and leadership hurt us significantly this year. Too often I felt that we lost because the guys never found that next level of intensity.

If nothing else, next year, we cannot lose because we lack heart.
Posted via Mobile Device
I really hope we are not relying on true freshman to be vocal leaders of the team, that rarely ends up well.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:56 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I really hope we are not relying on true freshman to be vocal leaders of the team, that rarely ends up well.
I think normally that is true because of the jr/sr hierarchy that is usually in place with established leaders good or bad. This team has zero returning leaders so a natural leader as a freshman could step in and be effective.

From what I’ve seen of him, appears Mali could be that kind of vocal leader if he can earn the starting spot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2021, 05:44 PM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
I see RJ as a future leader!
Old 03-22-2021, 07:30 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
in his freshman year, I saw Doug
Harris take over a timeout in a game..

and everyone was listening, he was
yelling and fired the team up... one
of the few times I have seen a
freshman take over a timeout...
Old 03-26-2021, 12:53 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Elijah Weaver is looking forward to being a leader on next year’s young UD squad:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...CQJCR4W6MQ6O4/
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (03-26-2021), Glen Clark (03-26-2021), jack72 (03-27-2021), SeasonTicketFan (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 02:47 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
I predict Greer will be stud like by season end or early Soph year. These newbies are HARD not to like.

Add Amzil, Simi, experienced Weaver. With Cohill back. Just need something from our front line. All the other positions we are in great shape.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:41 PM

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Excuse please

Please excuse the ignorance. But what about the seniors? Didn't the NCAA grant an extra year for all seniors who wanted it? What am I missing here?
Old 03-26-2021, 03:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Jordy has announced he is leaving and Chatman is in the portal. No one expects Crutcher to return and Ibi has not said anything. Although neither has put his name in the portal, yet. Most don't think any will return.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UACFlyer (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 05:09 PM
Brigadier General

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
yep, the one who hasn't announced his intention
is Ibi...

was wondering how Chase is feeling, hope
his health is coming along.. had to give
a shout out to him, not forgotten....
Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:14 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think the most important thing for next season is getting the freshman on campus in June and being able to have summer conditioning & practices. With so many new guys and young players this where the player development happens and team chemistry gets built
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-27-2021), FlyerBob (03-26-2021), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-27-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^
||||
THIS
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2021, 10:47 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I think the most important thing for next season is getting the freshman on campus in June and being able to have summer conditioning & practices. With so many new guys and young players this where the player development happens and team chemistry gets built
Posted via Mobile Device
This is a major reason why I discount this past covid riddled season. We had too many headwinds the new arrivals had to deal with such as losing the summer, then pre-season, then injuries to some vets. We still came close but our inconsistency just could not be overcome....

Let's try to add additional exhibition games in the fall....
Old 03-26-2021, 11:16 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
Let's try to add additional exhibition games in the fall....

You can only have two, or one exhibition game and a "secret" scrimmage. The last few years (pre-covid) we have had one of each. In prior years we had two exhibition games.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerBob (03-26-2021), TA111 (03-27-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 11:33 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I’m sure impossible with covid but this would have been the perfect year for an August overseas trip
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2021, 11:37 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Red and Blue game this fall?
Old 03-29-2021, 10:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,712 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...yoTup-KfMVlSUU

Will Weaver turn into the leader every team needs?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-30-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 09:45 AM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
One of the things that was severely lacking in this year's team was offensive rebounding. "The Hometown Coach" Mark Adams has developed an app called Focus that tracks effort. Here's a 3 minute video of him explaining how it works in reference to the Houston Cougars and their relentless pursuit of O boards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFAJtwnqvGg&t=1s

Maybe Anthony should give Mark a call, no?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2021), Gazoo (04-16-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 09:58 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...yoTup-KfMVlSUU

Will Weaver turn into the leader every team needs?
Posted via Mobile Device
I like what I'm reading/hearing and it was certainly nice for him to have the game he did against Memphis. Big-time school he knows he can play well against, 4-4 from 3's and last game of the year to end it on. Kind of like sinking the 20 footer for birdie on the 18th even though the round was average at best.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:23 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by steve View Post
Kind of like sinking the 20 footer for birdie on the 18th even though the round was average at best.
I know not of which you speak...(and not because my rounds are above average)
Old 03-31-2021, 02:32 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I like what I'm reading/hearing and it was certainly nice for him to have the game he did against Memphis. Big-time school he knows he can play well against, 4-4 from 3's and last game of the year to end it on. Kind of like sinking the 20 footer for birdie on the 18th even though the round was average at best.
It's the most expensive putt I ever make.
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 03:28 PM
Brigadier General

.... and carries over to the next round,
where his consistency and overall play
moves up a level.

kind of like that, we hope...
Old 03-31-2021, 03:50 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
One of the things that was severely lacking in this year's team was offensive rebounding. "The Hometown Coach" Mark Adams has developed an app called Focus that tracks effort. Here's a 3 minute video of him explaining how it works in reference to the Houston Cougars and their relentless pursuit of O boards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFAJtwnqvGg&t=1s

Maybe Anthony should give Mark a call, no?
I understand there are metrics that suggest stopping the fast break is critical. What I don't understand is when teams send ZERO players to the offensive glass, and in fact, have all five guys already retreating as the shot is in the air. Why not have a system that encourages 1 or 2 to chase the offensive rebound, assuming that having 3-4 guys in retreat-and-defend mode is plenty to ensure decent transition defense?
Old 04-10-2021, 09:42 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: in season espn tournament, we need to find one. Other than Twitter, here’s a link to follow:

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...on-tournaments
Old 04-10-2021, 11:36 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Orlando Invitational
Old 04-11-2021, 09:03 AM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
Orlando Invitational
It should be Orlando - but they really need to announce ASAP before Southwest opens up November for ticket sales.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Indeed playing in Orlando, loaded field:

Dayton
Kansas
Alabama
Miami
Georgetown
Iona
2 more

Love the opportunities
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (04-15-2021), Ready Action (04-16-2021), Runnin' Rebel (04-15-2021), TommyGola (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post

Dayton
Kansas
Alabama
Miami
Georgetown
Iona
2 more

Love the opportunities
Posted via Mobile Device
This is a good field. I would like to have another showdown with Kansas.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (04-15-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 05:42 AM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post

Dayton
Kansas
Alabama
Miami
Georgetown
Iona
2 more

Love the opportunities
Posted via Mobile Device
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...OWWSQHU4YTBAI/
Old 04-16-2021, 04:01 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting article from Busting Brackets on the Camara transfer and what it means.
https://bustingbrackets.com/2021/04/...st-frontcourt/
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (04-16-2021), Glen Clark (04-16-2021), MikeFlyer (04-16-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 12:24 PM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

ESPN just updated their bracketology, still no Flyers.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:33 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post

Why would they be?
Old 05-18-2021, 01:35 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares, its May! We have 7 new guys coming in and 11 players that will be Freshman eligibility. Nobody is going to list us in their bracketology this time of year. You need to relax and get ready for schedule bashing season coming up and 15/15 split debates.
14 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (05-18-2021), Bucketnight (05-19-2021), CT Flyer (05-18-2021), CvilleFlyer (05-18-2021), Flyer 86 (05-23-2021), Jeff (05-18-2021), John C. (05-18-2021), longtimefan (05-18-2021), Marysville Flyer (05-18-2021), PalmBeachFlyer (05-18-2021), steverino015 (05-18-2021), TA111 (05-18-2021), The Fly (05-18-2021), UD62 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 01:42 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Why would they be?
Because we have the best incoming recruiting class in school history, we have a former National Coach of the Year as our head coach, and we are 1 season removed from a 1 seed in the NCAAT.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:48 PM

John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure what the #1 seed team has to do with this one. Pretty sure there is no one left from that team.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 01:55 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Here is My Hope for the Upcoming Season

1. All of the players succeed in the classroom.
2. We schedule 30 plus games and play all of them with fans in attendance and media at the
games.
3. Dayton has the required number of practices to adequately prepare for the next game.
4. Injuries are kept to a minimum.
5. Sell-out crowds return to UD Arena.
6. Dayton competes successfully for a bye in the A-10 tournament.
7. The A-10 conference has a winning record in non-conference play.
8. The Flyers qualify for post-season play.
9. The First Four returns to UD Arena.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (05-18-2021), Flyer 86 (05-23-2021), PalmBeachFlyer (05-18-2021), steverino015 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 04:15 PM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re #1, I know at least two of our transfers are here. Richard Amaefule came last week, and Toumani Camara flew in yesterday. First summer session began yesterday. They must be here for first session of summer school.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (05-18-2021), steverino015 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
1. All of the players succeed in the classroom.
2. We schedule 30 plus games and play all of them with fans in attendance and media at the
games.
3. Dayton has the required number of practices to adequately prepare for the next game.
4. Injuries are kept to a minimum.
5. Sell-out crowds return to UD Arena.
6. Dayton competes successfully for a bye in the A-10 tournament.
7. The A-10 conference has a winning record in non-conference play.
8. The Flyers qualify for post-season play.
9. The First Four returns to UD Arena.
pretty good, just my .02c adds:
10. some diamonds beginning to shine in the
incoming class, really shine
11. Flyers qualify for post season, and I do NOT
mean the NIT...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (05-18-2021), Flyer 86 (05-23-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 09:22 AM

Thanked 2,206 Times in 972 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
The vast majority of fans who return to UD Arena next season will not have seen a single scholarship player play an official game in person. I would be one of them had MrsFF and I not gone to Denton for the NIT.
Some did see Toumani Camara in Maui, but that doesn't count due to uniform colors.
We have seen Sissoko in an exhibition game.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
The vast majority of fans who return to UD Arena next season will not have seen a single scholarship player play an official game in person. I would be one of them had MrsFF and I not gone to Denton for the NIT.
Some did see Toumani Camara in Maui, but that doesn't count due to uniform colors.
We have seen Sissoko in an exhibition game.
“Programs...got your programs here!”
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (05-19-2021), wes (05-21-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
You need to relax and get ready for schedule bashing season coming up and 15/15 split debates.
I can't wait! Lol
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 01:10 PM
1st Lieutenant

PalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nice
It appears to me we have entirely yo many talented players fighting for minutes...can CAG recruit a few guys who will be happy sitting the bench?
Old 05-20-2021, 01:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PalmBeachFlyer View Post
It appears to me we have entirely yo many talented players fighting for minutes...can CAG recruit a few guys who will be happy sitting the bench?
First world problem.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Second part of Jablonski's Grant interview
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...EFJRVJMG46UKI/

Excerpts from his comments on the transfers:

Kobe: I think the experience he got going through a full season will help him and help our team. He comes in with college basketball experience and a pretty versatile skill.

Richard: Just the situation last year for him was probably not indicative of who he is. We’re excited about the potential he has. I’m familiar with some of his high school coaches back in Dallas and some of the people who were around him. We feel his upside is good.

Toumani: A guy like Toumani comes in with two years of experience and with what he’s been able to accomplish individually in college basketball, I think he’s got a chance to really be a leader on this team... We recruited Toumani out of high school. We were disappointed we didn’t get him, to be honest... We’re excited he chose to join us this time.

In addition, Grant said he is excited to meet all the new players and have an offseason and preseason for them to get to work and socialize together. From his phone and zoom conversations he said they are a "good group and a fun group".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-23-2021), steverino015 (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 03:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
No one is happy sitting the bench! If a player were happy sitting not playing I would have to question his motivation. I think this would be a good problem to have! Coach Robert Montgomery Knight has been quoted as saying "the bench is a great motivator." Playing time is earned.
Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 04:10 PM
Brigadier General

Is Arkansas's 40 minutes of hell
a thing of the past?
is it possible with this team?...
Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-23-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 04:19 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
It will not be a problem. We now have the "transfer portal" !! Hopefully the one's that stay will be that good. You can expect the transfer option to work it's magic.

And if we are that good, there will be some great talent transferring in.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:50 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Love your sarcasm, at least I assume it's sarcasm.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
PalmBeachFlyer (05-21-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 08:44 AM
Staff Writer

Arch with a great piece on Moulaye Sissoko’s off-season trip home to Mali:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...mpression=true
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-02-2021), flyer016 (05-25-2021), fuz_forward (05-23-2021), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-23-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 05:29 PM
Brigadier General

pay wall, just an FYI for everyone
Old 05-25-2021, 05:27 PM
Staff Writer

Looks like Moulaye’s trip back home to Mali was just in time as there is now a coup underway there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...outputType=amp
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2021, 02:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
The newbies are all on campus now. https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...mpression=true
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-02-2021), Jeff (06-01-2021), San Diego Flyer (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 05:49 PM
Brigadier General

super!
Old 06-08-2021, 10:08 AM

A10 schedule matchups released.

Duquesne, GW, RI, SLU, and VCU are all h/h.

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....-21-22-season/:

Dayton
Home: Davidson, Fordham, Massachusetts, St. Bonaventure, Duquesne, George Washington, Rhode Island, Saint Louis, VCU
Away: George Mason, La Salle, Richmond, Saint Joseph’s, Duquesne, George Washington, Rhode Island, Saint Louis, VCU

Last edited by ud2; 06-08-2021 at 10:10 AM..
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (06-08-2021), CT Flyer (06-08-2021), CvilleFlyer (06-08-2021), frisco flyer (06-08-2021), mikeymo85 (06-08-2021), rollo (06-08-2021), steverino015 (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 12:30 PM
Major

Buster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud of
Relieved to see we face Fordham at home this year! Hate to face such a power team and rowdy crowd at their home...

Relax. It is snark...
Old 06-08-2021, 04:17 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Happy to avoid Olean, NY.

CJ#4 (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 04:36 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Smile CAG

should invite the best Chemistry professor on campus to the first practices.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:25 PM

As has been mentioned many times on here, I would like to see the A10 establish a 2 tier league scheduling system based on the previous year's standings or a 3 year rolling average of the A10 standings or something similar.

We do not need 2 games against GW and Duquesne, I would rather play SBU, UR, or Davidson twice.

Reward the teams that perform consistently.

The A10 is behind the curve.

Last edited by ud2; 06-08-2021 at 05:29 PM..
Old 06-09-2021, 10:11 AM
1st Lieutenant

As has been mentioned many times on here, I would like to see the A10 establish a 2 tier league scheduling system based on the previous year's standings or a 3 year rolling average of the A10 standings or something similar.

We do not need 2 games against GW and Duquesne, I would rather play SBU, UR, or Davidson twice.

Reward the teams that perform consistently.

The A10 is behind the curve.
There's no guarantee (especially in the transfer portal era) that any team will perform consistently from year to year. But your idea of a three-year rolling average of conference performance is an interesting one.
Here's what it would look like today (based on average conference tourney seed). Someone else can do it by NET or KenPom if you want.

TIER 1 -- Bona 3.3, Dayton 3.7, VCU 4.0, Davidson 4.0, St.Louis 4.7
TIER 2 -- Rhode 7.0, Richmond 7.0, Duquesne 7.3, GMason 7.7, UMass 8.7
TIER 3 -- LaSalle 10.3, GW 11.3, St.Joe 12.0, Fordham 14.0
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CJ#4 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (06-10-2021), Runnin' Rebel (06-09-2021), ud2 (06-12-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Brigadier General

I will take whatever the heck the schedule is,
reward the teams that perform consistently?

that would most defo not include us from
last year....
I DON"T CARE who we play.... just win the games
and have the same urgency/care every time
each player puts on the University Of Dayton
Flyer uniform...

at this point in time, I'm at: last year is over,
thank goodness.... now time for CAG
to take the new talent along with the ones
here and form them into his vision for us...
Old 06-15-2021, 09:36 AM

ESPN bracketology updated today.

SBU is a runaway A10 favorite this year.

SBU 5, Richmond 11

A 5 seed is by far SBU's best ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bo...nament_results

NCAA Tournament seeding history
The NCAA began seeding the tournament with the 1979 edition.

Year '00 '12 '18 '21
Seed 12 14 11 9

Bonnies have been to the ncaat 8 times, hc Mark Schmidt owns the 3 most recent ones.

Last edited by ud2; 06-15-2021 at 09:41 AM..
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (06-18-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 10:00 AM

Schmidt is going to get the gym or something named after him if he keeps this up.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:21 PM
1st Lieutenant

Here's this, just because I never updated it with the current roster.
Weaver has two years of eligibility left if he wants them. Camara has three years. Everyone else has four.
And yes, you're absolutely right that your projection of xxxxxxxx player as a starter, instead of zzzzzzzz player that I have listed is clearly correct and I beg your forgiveness.

G — EWeaver (6-6) …...... KElvis (6-2) ……...... MSmith (6-0)
G — RJ Blakney (6-6) ..... KBrea (6-6) ........... LGreer (6-3)
F — MAmzil (6-10) …….... KWashington (6-7)
F — TCamara (6-8) ........ ZNwokeji (6-7)
F — DHolmes (6-8) …...… RAmaefule (6-9) .... MSissoko (6-9)
Old 06-15-2021, 08:48 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Larry67 is a jewel in the roughLarry67 is a jewel in the roughLarry67 is a jewel in the roughLarry67 is a jewel in the rough
Just curious! Have we ever before had a Flyers team with no player from Ohio? Or from the tri-state area for that matter? Have we ever before had a Flyers team with four players from foreign countries?
Old 06-15-2021, 08:54 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ#4 View Post
Weaver has two years of eligibility left if he wants them. Camara has three years. Everyone else has four.
And yes, you're absolutely right that your projection of xxxxxxxx player as a starter, instead of zzzzzzzz player that I have listed is clearly correct and I beg your forgiveness.

X, Y, or Z. It's a young team.
Old 06-15-2021, 09:02 PM
Brigadier General

That is a tall and long starting 5! It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds over the next five months…
Old 06-15-2021, 09:07 PM
1st Lieutenant

It's crazy how fast things change nowadays.
Seven months ago today, Mustapha Amzil was not a Dayton Flyer, or even a college student.
Now we'd likely consider him a veteran building block for 21-22.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:51 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Mustapha Amzil started playing like a seasoned player from day 1 with the type of maturity not seen for a long time in a freshman. I can't wait to see that starting lineup if in fact we do go 6'10', 6'8", 6'8", 6'6" and 6'6"! We should improve our rebounding which has been an achilles heel for several years!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-18-2021), flyerfanatic86 (06-16-2021), jack72 (06-16-2021), Jeff (06-18-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 12:03 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Larry67 View Post
Just curious! Have we ever before had a Flyers team with no player from Ohio? Or from the tri-state area for that matter? Have we ever before had a Flyers team with four players from foreign countries?
I don't beleive the men's team has ever had 4 foreign players. The 15-16 women's team did. 2 from Canada, Croatia and Australia, the 4 tallest players
Old 06-16-2021, 08:19 AM
Brigadier General

There are going to be some bruised egos by the time this team starts conference play. The Freshmen coming in are all high pedigree. Camera, Weaver, and Elvis all started games in conferences considered better than the A10. Blakney, Brea, Amzil, and Nwokeji all started games last year and, I’m sure, all thought “their time” was coming after all the seniors left. AG is going to need a counselor to keep everyone happy. Of course, winning cures a lot of ills.

I just wonder who will be the target of Maddog’s wrath next year?
Old 06-16-2021, 10:52 AM
Brigadier General

have exhibition game/s for the Flyers
been announced?
Old 06-16-2021, 10:59 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
There are going to be some bruised egos by the time this team starts conference play. The Freshmen coming in are all high pedigree. Camera, Weaver, and Elvis all started games in conferences considered better than the A10. Blakney, Brea, Amzil, and Nwokeji all started games last year and, I’m sure, all thought “their time” was coming after all the seniors left. AG is going to need a counselor to keep everyone happy. Of course, winning cures a lot of ills.

I just wonder who will be the target of Maddog’s wrath next year?

Hey, I want want to jump on the crazy optimistic bandwagon. After all our backcourt is anchored by the 4th best guard on the 7th best team in the a10..... and now he has help from the 8th highest scorer on perhaps the worst team in Big East history. Where do I sign up for my final four tickets?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2021, 11:37 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
have exhibition game/s for the Flyers
been announced?
No, but I heard Neil say the first game woould be Nov. 9. He did not name an opponent.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 12:38 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Hey, I want want to jump on the crazy optimistic bandwagon. After all our backcourt is anchored by the 4th best guard on the 7th best team in the a10..... and now he has help from the 8th highest scorer on perhaps the worst team in Big East history. Where do I sign up for my final four tickets?
Posted via Mobile Device
no, you don't...
you didn't even jump on the bandwagon in the
greatest year of the history of mens basketball
here... instead, you just left the forum..

I want to begin this crazy idea for the
captain and founder of Team Exaggeration...

no one is saying Final Four except you..
once again, you exaggerate other peoples
statements, in the hope of giving yours
more validity... is really is a weak position
to discuss from, you do it all the time.

this year, with the addition of Camara,
and the rest,
fighting for an NCAA spot is reasonable..
this year... the following year and beyond,
the ceiling is very high for this team...

that is what most of us are saying, go ahead
and twist away, little puppy

Last edited by steverino015; 06-16-2021 at 12:43 PM..
Old 06-16-2021, 12:44 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
No, but I heard Neil say the first game woould be Nov. 9. He did not name an opponent.
thanks!

wonder if there will be a Red and Blue
this year? that would be something...
maybe a scrimmage or two also
Old 06-16-2021, 01:27 PM
1st Lieutenant

Sorry, for some reason, the quote format wouldn’t work. …
springborofan and maddog’s posts do a good job explaining the weirdness of the upcoming year, because they’re both true.
On the glass half-full side, yes, 5 guys return who started UD games, plus 4 guys who were top-150 recruits at some point in the past couple years, plus Camara and Elvis who played good minutes in the Power 6, plus Greer (who in some years would have been our #1 recruit), plus Sissoko.
On the half-empty side, the returners were largely role players on a UD team that wasn’t that great, the freshmen are unknowns till they play a hot minute of college ball, Elvis played on a bad team and Amaefule couldn’t crack the rotation of a .500 ETSU team.
Mad Props to CJ#4 For This Totally Excellent Post:
superfan99 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 01:28 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the preview…I guess Weaver and Elvis are first on the list. Next?
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 04:42 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is safe to say that it appears that next years team will have talent. But chemistry is always a big unknown.

Each team is unique. And my thought is that great leaders can foster chemistry, it only takes one to wreck it. One person, one incident, one...

The special year had incredible chemistry, it's well documented. But was that a function of Obi as a special, generational talent? Was it the incredible 'glue guys' of Trey and Mikesell? Was it the coaching staff? Whatever it was, it was unique. Probably safe to think it will be better than last year, but not as good as that special year.

There is so much to be optimistic about. But those nice pieces need to be fit together yet.
Mad Props to keats '91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 07:01 PM

Keats hit it on the head. One of the most important question marks that we have is who is/are going to be the leader(s)? I think we really are talented but we need that guy that can will us to a win when we need it.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:35 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keats '91 View Post
I think it is safe to say that it appears that next years team will have talent. But chemistry is always a big unknown.

Each team is unique. And my thought is that great leaders can foster chemistry, it only takes one to wreck it. One person, one incident, one...

The special year had incredible chemistry, it's well documented. But was that a function of Obi as a special, generational talent? Was it the incredible 'glue guys' of Trey and Mikesell? Was it the coaching staff? Whatever it was, it was unique. Probably safe to think it will be better than last year, but not as good as that special year.

There is so much to be optimistic about. But those nice pieces need to be fit together yet.
All of the above with the notation that all knew Obi was 'the' guy, but Obi was so unselfish that everything and everyone just trusted the offense to produce the best shot selection-everyone was a threat with everyone knowing that if Obi was open he'd finish 99% of the time. I continue to occasionally watch dvr's of those game...
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ#4 (07-18-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 03:32 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
All of the above with the notation that all knew Obi was 'the' guy, but Obi was so unselfish that everything and everyone just trusted the offense to produce the best shot selection-everyone was a threat with everyone knowing that if Obi was open he'd finish 99% of the time. I continue to occasionally watch dvr's of those game...
Blakney will be THE guy this season - that is my prediction.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (06-18-2021), longtimefan67 (06-18-2021), steverino015 (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 04:09 PM
Brigadier General

I was actually thinking the same thing almost,
I was pondering Blakeney and Camara
Old 06-17-2021, 04:26 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
Blakney will be THE guy this season - that is my prediction.
I agree that Blakney is critical to our success, but I see him as the Glue guy like Trey Landers was, leading by example. Our primary scorer next year will be Camara.
Mad Props to AZFlyer85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 09:05 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OCFlyer85 View Post
I agree that Blakney is critical to our success, but I see him as the Glue guy like Trey Landers was, leading by example. Our primary scorer next year will be Camara.
Blakney seems to be the closest I've seen anyone on the current roster that 'feels' like having Trey back on the court. He definitely has the same mindset. I still believe that Trey and Ryan were a huge part of the magical season; without them that season wouldn't have happened.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:29 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute

I like this post because it puts Amzil at the "3" which is where I think he will be in the starting lineup. However I don't think Holmes will start over Zimi (yet). People seem to pencil in Weaver as a no-brainer starter, which I agree with, but I don't see why this logic doesn't apply to Zimi. He played more minutes than Weaver last season and has been with the program and working in AG's system far longer than Weaver and eons longer than Holmes.

I also don't see Blakney starting simply because AG has made it quite clear over the years that he prefers two ball handlers on the court if possible. This is where Elvis comes in. He is essentially Cohill's last-minute replacement.

Weaver - Smith - Greer
Elvis - Brea - Greer
Amzil - Blakney - Washington
Zimi - Holmes - Washington
Camara - Sissoko - Amaefule
Old 06-18-2021, 12:28 PM
1st Lieutenant

I should have been clearer in my June 15 post (sorry, couldn't resist a little snark) that I have no idea who should start, or be a top sub. I'd be surprised if Camara and Amzil aren't in there, but hey, everybody's fairly new and they have five months of workouts and practice and competition to earn their spots. One other thing -- while familiarity with Grant's system is one factor, don't forget they barely gave Amzil a second to drop his luggage behind the bench before running him to the scorer's table.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:45 PM
Brigadier General

I should have been clearer in my June 15 post (sorry, couldn't resist a little snark) that I have no idea who should start, or be a top sub. I'd be surprised if Camara and Amzil aren't in there, but hey, everybody's fairly new and they have five months of workouts and practice and competition to earn their spots. One other thing -- while familiarity with Grant's system is one factor, don't forget they barely gave Amzil a second to drop his luggage behind the bench before running him to the scorer's table.
right, and Amzil did amazing for no practices...

this is the best recruiting class in the history of
the University Of Dayton, since they began
ranking incoming freshmen...

we have a player Camara, who is right now
projected as a late 1st round/mid 2nd round..
He can be a difference maker....

I choose to view the glass half full, and not
half empty..

regardless, excited to see how this team
gels and comes together under CAG... our
future is bright IMO
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (06-18-2021), fuz_forward (06-18-2021), Glen Clark (06-18-2021), ohioflyer (09-20-2021), udflyerhoops2 (06-19-2021)