User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Major

LebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
If you've got 2 guys averaging 32 MPG, that would mean we're not going 8 or 9 deep and all those other players we're oooh-ing and aahhh-ing about will be sitting on the bench for all but about 4-5 minutes a game.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, just don't count on MP to have the chance to score 20 points, Chris Johnson / Josh Benson / Luke F. will hardly see the court, and Thomas will transfer by year's end. There just aren't enough minutes to go around.

That's exactly what I found myself thinking at the Red/Blue game....How in the world is BG going to sufficiently distribute the minutes to all of these very impressive players who seem like they warrant playing time.

--Marcus averaged 29.5 mpg last year. I don't really see these minutes declining due to the fact that it appears he is taking on a leadership role.

--Chris W. is one of the top 3 players in the A10. Assuming healthy, not playing him high minutes would be travesty IMO.

There are then approx. 136 minutes to go around.

I see:

PG
40 mpg between LW/RL/ST
SG
32 mpg MJ
8 mpg between RL/ST/MP/PW
SF
16 mpg CW
24 mpg MP/CJ/PW
PF
16 mpg CW
24 mpg CL/JB
C
40 mpg KH/DS

That is a rotation of 8-9 players with others getting around 6-8 mpg.
I feel this is a fairly realistic scenario of how things will pan out. I don't see LF getting significant minutes this season, and ST/JB will likely be limited as well, although probably not as much.
The only way I see either MJ or CW not averaging 32+ minutes is if PW or CJ turn out to be incredible from the gate and start pulling more minutes towards A10 play.
We may be ooohing and ahhhing about the future...but MJ and CW are now.