Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Stacked deck
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 09:10 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,135 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Hijacking this thread or not - I could not let this post go unchallenged.
Our non-con SOS was #2 in the country last year for gosh sakes! The only team in the country to play a more difficult non-con schedule than Dayton last year was Savannah State. Savannah State went 1-12 in their non-con schedule and had zero quad 1, quad 2, or quad 3 wins for the whole season. Their only non-con win was over Alabama State (RPI #333)!
How do you suggest we improve on #2?

The entire A-10 played the #2 ranked non-con schedule of all the conferences. The reason the A-10 went from #7 to #11 was the abysmal non-con record (90-82 .523%) - the worst in recent history. That non-con winning percentage needs to be near 70%. Forget all the other stuff, the A-10 teams just need to win more non-con games
Using the old metrics I agree. If the Power 5 conferences remain at 18 conference games I agree.

The times they are a changin...if we don't we're risking irrelevance. Of the four scenarios I laid out earlier, I think the one that has the least risk is joining the AAC...as soon as possible.