UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,919 Times in 6,999 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
tOSU basketball experience vs UD experience

So I packed up the queen and heirs last night and took them to tOSU to see their first-in-line brother play in the pep-band vs Michigan. Figuring it would be an exciting game with post-season ramifications was a mistake. Especially when it can be compared to a true basketball school like UD.

Here's my Royal analysis:

Parking: tOSU has some reserved parking around the Schott but every other lot is first-come-first-serve and $10. We parked at the football stadium with no problem. If you're a season ticket holder with a parking pass, Advantage: UD. If you're a casual fan who was given tickets to a game and clueless about parking, Advantage: tOSU.

Pregame: tOSU does a great job entertaining fans during the 20 min warm-ups. They have 'dare-cam' that zooms in on fans and once they have your attention they will type a 'dare' under your face and see if you'll do what they ask (lick your elbow, etc...)...for those who won't play, they'll superimpose a piece of pizza in front of you and try to get you to 'eat' it...funny. They'd zoom in on UM fans and superimpose an OSU shirt over them...good humor.

Dunk lines are insane. tOSU bball players are so much more athletic than UD's it isn't even close. It was like watching the NBA dunk contest. And everyone participated. Cam Williams and AJ Harris were insane! Advantage: tOSU

Commercialization: If you get annoyed watching UD cheerleaders hand-deliver a dozen pizzas or boxes of Lee's Chicken once a game, you'd pull your hair out at tOSU. Every dead ball time-out was met with a promotion. 100%. Non-stop. Some were fun...like dropping gift cards from the top rafters attached to parachutes...others were shameless in-your-face promotions that just wear you down. God forbid UD ever overdue it to this degree. Advantage: UD

Intros: Considering that the lower bowl of the Schott was - at best - 1/3 full during intros, it's not even close. The intro video that summarized tOSU basketball history, their 51 NBA draft picks and ending with Clark Kellogg is great, but when the place is virtually empty, who cares. Advantage: UD

Crowd: I don't have to exaggerate how pathetic the OSU fanbase is and won't. Considering they were playing UM, retiring Evan Turner's number and are in the top half of the B10 standings and looking at a possible NCAA bid if they can win 3 of the last 5 games, I was expecting excitement. And got none from the 17,088 in attendance. At the under 8:00 minute time-out, the lower bowl was still only 2/3 full. And at the under 16:00 time-out of the 2nd half, it was only 90%. Not once did the crowd stand in unison...and the PA announced had to prompt them into the O-H-I-O cheer that at football games is started by the student section. My HS sophomore son summed it up best: "Dad (King), Dayton - St. Louis is more exciting that Ohio State - Michigan". And he's right. tOSU basketball is obviously a social event for 75% of the fans. At UD I'd estimate that to be more like 33%. Advantage: UD

Student Section/Pep Band: tOSU lines the team sidelines with students and it's intimidating. Over-rated, but intimidating. No fun signs...no fun costumes...no organization...and with the pep band separated from the students, it really is weird. Advantage: UD

Concessions: Prices be d*mned, tOSU wins by a mile. Every 50 steps is a concession stand that serves everything from pizza to BBQ to Greater's ice cream to beer and wine. Lines are a minimum. Get in...get out. Advantage: tOSU

Royal Summary: We're spoiled. UD understands that the fans want to see a basketball game and be mildly distracted between action. tOSU wants the basketball game to be a constant commercial, and it takes away from the experience...you honestly can't get away from 'it'. Royal Advantage: UD

Royal Summary II: Any recruit who chooses tOSU over UD - especially after attending games at each Arena - and chooses tOSU is doing so for reasons I cannot royally comprehend. Basketball is an after-thought at tOSU. Who wants to be second fiddle on a campus that big when you can own the place here? Royal Advantage: UD

Royal Summary III: Every tOSU starter would start for UD...but only Cooke and Pierre would see the court for tOSU. They have better, longer and stronger athletes than UD, but there's something missing in the way they play. My daughter noticed it...so did my son and wife. Royal Advantage: My Team
1in25 (02-17-2016), BeckysTXA (02-18-2016), Cityengr (02-17-2016), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-17-2016), DGO67 (02-17-2016), Dillomernda (02-17-2016), dnutz77 (02-17-2016), Figgie123 (02-17-2016), Flyer 86 (02-17-2016), FlyerGuyer (02-17-2016), Flytech (02-17-2016), IndianaFlyer (02-17-2016), JimBo (02-17-2016), Justin (02-17-2016), Medford (02-17-2016), Radar (02-17-2016), rmdflyers (02-17-2016), ruechalgrin (02-17-2016), Runnin' Rebel (02-17-2016), San Diego Flyer (02-17-2016), shocka43 (02-17-2016), tirebiter (02-17-2016), TommyGola (02-17-2016), udstevied_D87 (02-17-2016), Zeke (02-17-2016)
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2016, 09:48 AM
General

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,140 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
When you play in Value City Arena, you get a Value City experience.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (02-17-2016), NYCFLYER (02-17-2016), UD Rugby (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Captain

Snackman will become famous soon enoughSnackman will become famous soon enough
Couldn't agree more with your assessment Rollo. I have friends with season tickets who invite me to games frequently and it's like going to the dentist.

I have been to dozens of tOSU games in the past 10 years and there have only been two games in which the environment even remotely challenged what we see on a nightly basis at UD Arena. One was against Duke a few years ago. The other.... Against UD in the NIT and UD fans were 100% responsible for that. They simply didn't want to be embarrassed by little brother taking over their home arena.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Snackman For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-17-2016), ruechalgrin (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
I've been to a couple OSU games this year, and Rollo gets just about everything right IMHO.

The last paragraph really irks me however. Great athletes do not necessarily make better basketball players, and if their starters are better than ours, why is OSU having so many problems this year. We beat OSU 4 out of 5 times this year if we play them with our "inferior" players, and Thad Matta is no slouch either.

No offense intended My Grace.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ScottyExpress For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-17-2016), Flyer 86 (02-17-2016), jack72 (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
If King Rollo were Kim Jong Il Scotty Express would be fish food by now, if the could find his bits after being hit by an anti-aircraft round!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-17-2016), ScottyExpress (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:10 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScottyExpress View Post
if their starters are better than ours, why is OSU having so many problems this year.
Youth. They start 1 junior, 3 sophomores and a freshman...and their first 3 subs include 2 freshman and a sophomore. They are improving with every game and next season will be tough. This year we'd beat them silly. Next season would be a great match-up. Their last 4 games are @ Nebraska, MSU, Iowa and @ MSU. With MSU's Goin's injured, OSU can beat them at home...mix in a win at Nebraska and possibly against Iowa, and they will be 12-6 in the B10. Hard to not make them an 11- or 12-seed with that resume.

M'Lord is un-offendable. Say what must be said without fear of the guillotine. Just don't p*ss-off the Queen. She'll hunt you down and make it hurt.
Atlantic 10 (02-17-2016), ScottyExpress (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:17 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Great athletes do not necessarily make better basketball players, and if their starters are better than ours, why is OSU having so many problems this year. We beat OSU 4 out of 5 times this year if we play them with our "inferior" players, and Thad Matta is no slouch either.
Matta "was" no slouch...but he's slouching now. He can still recruit, but pay attention during timeouts. Paulus runs the show, especially at crunch time. I know Dickerson is listed as "associate head coach" but IMO Paulus is "coach-in-waiting".
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,446 Times in 688 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
My dad's an OSU alum. Went to a UD game on a Friday night a few years ago and an OSU one on a Saturday. He basically reaffirmed how much better the UD gameday experience is in one weekend. I'm biased, but I've always said the same thing too.
Mad Props to flyerfanatic86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:36 AM

Thanked 10,193 Times in 5,915 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
You have got to be kidding that Schoochie would not start for OSU and almost every team in college basketball.

It is not about who from OSU could start for Dayton, because none of them made the right choice, so who knows if they could be team players.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:41 AM
1st Lieutenant

MDFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMDFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMDFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMDFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMDFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMDFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMDFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMDFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Do we really have to refer to that school as "tOSU"? It's so obnoxious. I know a lot of you root for their football team, but that lower-case t needs to go away.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MDFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-17-2016), jack72 (02-17-2016), Marysville Flyer (02-17-2016), PerrymanFan (02-17-2016), THirt (02-18-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MDFlyer View Post
Do we really have to refer to that school as "tOSU"? It's so obnoxious. I know a lot of you root for their football team, but that lower-case t needs to go away.
Posted via Mobile Device
tKing is just playing tgame.
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-17-2016)
General

Thanked 2,830 Times in 1,553 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I've been to a couple OSU games this year, and Rollo gets just about everything right IMHO.

The last paragraph really irks me however. Great athletes do not necessarily make better basketball players, and if their starters are better than ours, why is OSU having so many problems this year. We beat OSU 4 out of 5 times this year if we play them with our "inferior" players, and Thad Matta is no slouch either.

tOSU has some outstanding, literally world-class athletes, none of whom can put the ball in the basket!
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-17-2016)
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Matta "was" no slouch...but he's slouching now. He can still recruit, but pay attention during timeouts. Paulus runs the show, especially at crunch time. I know Dickerson is listed as "associate head coach" but IMO Paulus is "coach-in-waiting".
I don't even think TM is 50 yet (or is he?). I know he has back problems, but has that worn him down to the point that he can't be a good coach anymore??? Is he getting lazy or burnt out? What gives? Started out so strong at OSU, thought he was going to dethrone Izzo as the best coach with the best program in B1G for a while.

I'm in Columbus a lot for work, and sports radio makes it sound like they need to hit the self destruct button on the program and start over. Success walks a very thin line in MBB, makes me appreciate the program we have here in Dayton so much more.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
You have got to be kidding that Schoochie would not start for OSU and almost every team in college basketball.
tOSU starts 1 guard, 3 Fs and a center...6'5" JaQuan Lyle is their starter at point guard and can do things Scoochie can't due thanks to a 230# frame...and his replacement is uber-quick Dunbar HS's 5'9" AJ Harris who brings a different but necessary skill set to their offense. I love Scoochie but IMRO, he's a 1/2 step too slow to replace Harris and not physical enough to bump Lyle.

Which is a good thing since that means we get him for 30+ mpg!

Last edited by rollo; 02-17-2016 at 11:15 AM..
Old 02-17-2016, 11:13 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Comparing this year's UD experience to this year's OSU experience is not even close. Different story if you go back 3/4 years. I think both places are electric when teams are doing good but during off years, the UD experience is much better. OSU basketball fans are more front runner.

The Flyers under Archie are a True Team. The Buckeyes under Matta were disconnected parts the last couple of years. No chemistry what so ever. As Rollo points out, this year they are young. I think I recall hearing 3rd youngest in D1. They have no superstars so let's see if he can make them into a team. If not, his seat may start to get warm in another year or 2.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Comparing this year's UD experience to this year's OSU experience is not even close.
I understand what you're saying and agree, but I wasn't really comparing last night's tOSU game to the St. Louis game from 2 weeks ago like my son.

I estimate that I've attended >500 UD games in my lifetime and can say with confidence that not one of them was as un-energetic/boring as last night (except for maybe Buffalo a couple years ago, but it didn't start off boring...it just ended that way).

I must also say that I attended an IU @ tOSU game when 'tGeneral' and greatest college basketball coach in the history of the universe was still a hell-raiser and that game - in the Schott - equaled any game at UD with respect to energy and passion.

Which is what separates tUD from tOSU...Flyer fans bring it every night come hell or high water, whereas tOSU brings it when they feel like it. Which has to be frustrating.

Royal Advantage: My Team
CE80 (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
I live in the Columbus burbs (for 26 years now) and have many OSU friends, some of which seem pretty connected to the inside in the athletic department. Whenever I talk to them about Matta’s seat getting hot, or him even considering retiring because of health reasons they laugh. They say he has the job he wants, and is doing all the things that he wants to do. Rat face was even quoted as saying he loves coaching, loves Ohio State, and would not know what else to do if he ever had to leave the profession. They say the AD LOVES the job he is doing, and the media adores the guy. Remember, this is a FOOTBALL school. Basketball is nice, but not really any big deal. As long as they are competitive, he will be fine.
All this talk on UDPride is pretty silly.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:50 AM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
Royal Summary III: Every tOSU starter would start for UD...but only Cooke and Pierre would see the court for tOSU. They have better, longer and stronger athletes than UD, but there's something missing in the way they play. My daughter noticed it...so did my son and wife. Royal Advantage: My Team[/QUOTE]

"The king is naked"
Old 02-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
I live in the Columbus burbs (for 26 years now) and have many OSU friends, some of which seem pretty connected to the inside in the athletic department. Whenever I talk to them about Matta’s seat getting hot, or him even considering retiring because of health reasons they laugh. They say he has the job he wants, and is doing all the things that he wants to do. Rat face was even quoted as saying he loves coaching, loves Ohio State, and would not know what else to do if he ever had to leave the profession. They say the AD LOVES the job he is doing, and the media adores the guy. Remember, this is a FOOTBALL school. Basketball is nice, but not really any big deal. As long as they are competitive, he will be fine.
Save this post.

And welcome to the silliness.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by number21 View Post

"The king is naked"
Old 02-17-2016, 12:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,344 Times in 450 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like these 2 programs have went in opposite directions... ever since Vee hit the shot to beat them in the Tourney.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:48 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,173 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
tKing is just playing tgame.
I am Figgie, and you are a lousy tKing.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-17-2016), rollo (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 12:56 PM

I wonder how $10 parking on a first-come-first-serve basis would sit with the UD faithful. B-lot could be expanded to accommodate the big donors and the rest of the parking spaces would generate and fill a royal treasury of cash.

Honestly, I wouldn't complain about the change. For 1, it would pretty much ensure every spot is utilized and secondly, might motivate people to carpool who normally don't which would open up even more spots for people like Clayton and Figgie. ....

Just wondering...
Old 02-17-2016, 12:58 PM

*Royal tPain in the tAss

Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
I am Figgie*, and you are a lousy tKing.

I'd rather be a lousy tKing than a lousy tPeasant.

So let it be tWritten!

So let it be tDone.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:39 PM

Thanked 10,193 Times in 5,915 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Seems like these 2 programs have went in opposite directions... ever since Vee hit the shot to beat them in the Tourney.
You mean that Dayton team that had mostly underclassmen, and did not make excuses and went to the Elite 8. Or this year's team with only one senior, who missed ten games, and they still have risen to #15... got it.

BTW Matta is only 48.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:28 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
OSU wants to win at everything. I don't believe for a second that they will find perennially finishing in the middle of the pack in the Big 10 at all acceptable.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer2003 (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 02:33 PM

Thanked 17,176 Times in 5,128 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Of the 17K in attendance -- which is about 90% capacity -- how many butts were actually in the seats? A legit 17K or did they pull a Wright State.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Old 02-17-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Of the 17K in attendance -- which is about 90% capacity -- how many butts were actually in the seats? A legit 17K or did they pull a Wright State.
Legit...by mid 2nd half 95% of the lower 2 bowls were full and all but the top of the 3rd deck endzones were full. But it still sounded like what I would expect at a Wright State game...as if I'd know!

Edit: My son has played at every home game and said last night was the largest and loudest crowd of the year.

Last edited by rollo; 02-17-2016 at 03:42 PM..
Old 02-18-2016, 09:21 AM

This year we'd beat them silly.
I take that back...based on last night's effort(s), a youthful and improving tOSU team would destroy UD. Home or away.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:29 AM
General of the Air Force

I take that back...based on last night's effort(s), a youthful and improving tOSU team would destroy UD. Home or away.
You are already self proclaimed king. You pinning for BTC's job?
Old 02-18-2016, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
You pinning for BTC's job?

I believe BeattyTownCoach is pinning for my job...I mean Title.

But just like you, he is not yet a member of the Royal Round Table and is, thereforeth, unworthy and unqualified to sitteth his rear-endeth in my Royal Throne!